Henrietta Finale: Part 2 (Artist: OtherOtherCoraline)

I fucking love it.

4 Likes

^ 100%

I have a beautiful Bombay as a perfect kitty companion. Despite my aggression against fluffies, I love my cat to death. She’s spayed so no worries of contributing to overpopulation. She’s an indoor kitty so she doesn’t catch diseases, get hit by a car, etc. I keep a close eye on her during Halloween season because Bombays are known to be used as “decoration” shudders

A lot of my sadbox comes from my worries about her. What if she were used as a breeding facility with no one loving her? What if she found herself lost outside when she’s been an indoor cat all her life? Could she cope even one cold night?

Everyone, if you have pets, hold them close and give them a big hug. You may see them only as pets, but to them you are the most important thing in their whole world. Their family. Also, spay or neuter them for goddsake. Puppies and kittens are cute, but shelters have a finite capacity. And adopt shelter animals, don’t buy from breeders. I shudder when I think of puppy mills and what inbreeding has done to some breeds of dogs. French Bulldogs need artificial insemination to breed because their hips are so malformed the males can no longer mount the females. And the less said about pugs and their breathing problems, the better. :hugs:

5 Likes

:hugs:
I have been blessed with an amazing support network with my family at the center of it all. I mostly do fluffy comics as a way to vent or when I want to express myself artistically. I feel like I’m doing very well mentally at the moment, despite all the things happening in the world. But thank you for your concern. This fandom can be so strangely wholesome despite the content material :smiley:

3 Likes

Holy…

*brain begins concocting industrial abuse ideas for DIY fertilizer/abuse kits *

1 Like

100% agree.

But have you ever dealt with someone struggling from a emotional disorder? Logic doesn’t seem to work. I can attest, having loving family members trying to assist me when I was at my lowest. If you don’t address the issues directly, then you end up creating damaging coping mechanism to “self-medicate”. In this instance, fawning over a stallion, and treating him like a prince, even if it means keeping him in the dark with regards to all his children.

Despite what the comic is portraying, the underlining issue is NOT Henrietta and Periwinkle. They’d just a symptom (and collateral damage) to the real issue.

4 Likes

There aren’t small independent breeders in my headcanon. It’s not financially viable. They exist, but not to turn a profit, rather to provide a service. It’s like people who raise their own chickens for the eggs. You may have a local breeder who is breeding his own stock of bio-stress balls, or artificial-animal nuggets, or holiday/party decorations for themselves and their neighbors. Nothing that would pay the bills.

Even established places like Fluffmart can’t get more than like $100 for a rare-colored alicorn. As I stated in another post, fluffies just seem to exist on apathy and inertia. They can’t drum up enough enthusiasm to outlaw and exterminate fluffies completely, and conversely there’s no way they could enforce non-abuse laws if any were passed. Fluffies are just a pointless and accepted aspect of life. Like year-round school or daylight savings, which have lost their purpose decades, if not a century, ago.

3 Likes

Well said. I quite like your headcanon, particularly your stance on hellgremlins.

2 Likes

That’s be like trying to make money by selling McDonalds Kids Meals toys on Craigslist. Not worth the hassel for the pittance of money you would make. Plus the “risk of abusers” is the whole reason she won’t drop them off at for-profit pet stores. Having to vent half a dozen potential customers every two weeks, just to get rid of some foals? Ain’t gonna happen.

1 Like

Mares are programmed to “wan tummeh babbehs” if they are of sexual maturity and not currently pregnant. She’ll spend 99% of her life pregnant and that’s because of her programming, a unstable human owner who won’t spay or neuter her fluffies, and a willing stallion. Mares were meant to be breeding facilities. Only neutered stallions would be sold to the public. But PETA went and ruined that.

Spay and neuter your pets!

5 Likes

Or… you can use fluffy foals in crush videos or sites. They are bio-toys and don’t count as actual animals. Hmmm…maybe… if I even get back into drawing, I just might draw fluffies getting crushed by high heels…Heh heh… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

lol a “triggering warning” for something like “mental health issues” in a fandom filled by degenerates and psychos it’s kinda unnecessary.
This is also why you neuter fluffies and why it’s legal to murder not owned ones.

5 Likes

Yeah. But this is a human health issue, so I figure maybe give a heads up in case I depicted it horribly off and insensitively. Like, I’m all for fluffy abuse and suffering, but I’d also appreciate a heads up if there a post depicting puppy mills or cat abuse, cuz that’s depressing AF and not cathartic like fluffy suffering. Stuff like that hits closer to home than imaginary cutesy shit machines, you know?

5 Likes

I love this ending- its perfect in the sense that it shows a more realistic ‘abuse’ ending rather than mindlessly kicking the fluffy to death over some misstep, or throwing them out into the street, or so forth. The intentions were good but the person involved isn’t capable of dealing with the endless amounts of fluffies being born- and of course they’re all just normal foals, so no special alicorns or colors being brought into the matrix.
I think the only other stories I’ve seen that dealt realistically with the outcome of keeping un-fixed fluffies are the ones that turn into hoarder situations, which is unfortunately also a real outcome of keeping breeding animals if you aren’t either finding new homes for the offspring or using the animals for food. Spay and neuter your pets, people!

3 Likes
  1. Put the foal in a box
  2. Cut a hole in the box
  3. Put your di- i mean a hose to the exaust of the car
    Painless, cruelty free and clean
3 Likes

I love your artwork @OtherCoraline and the story was really interesting. Can’t wait for more. Ever thought about doing some drawings from the “making a monster” story by @draytini12? I think some of the abuse in that would really gel with your style

3 Likes

The only thing I have to say about this…

Is CRY! You little fucking shitrats! CRY!!!

5 Likes

This is truly a fantastic ending in my opinion. The fact that she is completely oblivious to the death of her foals is great

4 Likes

@Dylan
The fact that your first post on the FC is necro’ing a month old post of mine is SUPER flattering. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you, that mean a lot that you like Henrietta’s ending, Dylan. I was afraid it would leave a poor taste in people’s mouth. I’m really happy people can enjoy nuance along with the black-and-white pure hugbox/abuse dichotomy (don’t get me wrong, I love pure hugbox and pure abuse posts, but it’s nice to occasionally have something a little deeper, you know).

Again, thank you. You made my day! :smiley:

4 Likes

This is a wonderfully tragic situation overall and there really is no true “good” answer to it. I can only imagine what I would do in that situation: I’d let them have one more litter before getting them fixed(or maybe just Henrietta so they could still have special hugs) and telling them “no more babbehs”. Then when the time comes I’d let them keep just 1 while “dealing with” the others. These owners took care of 3 to begin with so they should be able to take care of the couple for the rest of their days with their babbeh. Make sure to get the babbeh fixed as well so this does not become a problem for the future.

3 Likes

Absolutely incredible!!

3 Likes