How many of you were/still are into MLP?

I got into MLP a little after Season 1 wrapped up and kind of lost track around Season 4. I’m just wondering how far divorced Fluffy fandom is from the source material.

16 Likes

Pretty far divorced. I watched and enjoyed all 9 seasons, but they’re so far divergent at this point that if we hadn’t retained the history of fluffy, you’d never know where the hell it came from.

11 Likes

Stuck around till the 3rd or 4th season. Fell off soon after the Twilight ascension but kept tabs for a little while.

7 Likes

Fandoms preeeetty much it’s own thing now.
I’ve been a MLP fan since I was a little girl, and still keep up to date with news on the new series and such.

12 Likes

Never actually watched it. My knowledge comes from cultural osmosis and research to understand Fluffy origins.

7 Likes

Was interested in it for a short while 8 years ago iirc.

5 Likes

I never watched it. I only know of this fandom because reddit said “HEY! Here’s a cute baby horse UWU” Then I click the image and I’m greeted with said baby horse getting thrown in a meat grinder still alive.

Been here ever since.

13 Likes

I never watched it. I ended up here because of the click.

6 Likes

I checked it out around 6th grade back in 2012 but never liked it enough to actually get involved in the fandom or anything. I had the stereotypical alicorn oc because well, why wouldn’t 11 y/o me have one; but other than that I dipped about a few months later

6 Likes

o/
Me ! I was (and still think it’s a good serie :v)

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest: I’ve never watched an episode of MLP in my life. I could probably name the main characters, but that’s it. Unless you count the video tape my sister had when we were kids, of one of the old movies. The one with the purple goo spreading everywhere. Which, I’ll admit, was actually a pretty cool concept. In my house, when we got a new tape, or later, a new DVD, we watched the shit out of it, so that got burned into my memory.

7 Likes

For me, it was someone posting ginger_fig’s art on 4chan. If I remember correctly, they were derailing a thread on /v/.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure fluffies are at this point deliberately a reaction to MLP than anything else. I’ve heard they originated from a cute adaptation from MLP before being progressively devolved into a joke. I’m no authority on this, though. I came to this relatively recently so by now it’s ancient lore.

I watched MLP a bit when it was still being made, and liked it a little, but I was never particularly into it.

4 Likes

Here’s the history. In info comic form.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fluffycommunity/comments/jygejs/the_history_of_fluffies_part_1_before_the_booru/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

3 Likes

That’s similar to how I got started. I’ve never seen any episodes (though I nearly went to BronyCon B’more one year and I do rather like Maud Pie) but iirc I was surfing the net and saw a Ginger_fig post. It was so nauseatingly cute that my curiosity and killboner were both aroused and I had to follow the link.

The rest, as they say …

7 Likes

I watched a little when I was younger but I remember next to nothing

4 Likes

Wad am MLP?

6 Likes

@Eded_ted
Hurr-durr

4 Likes

Exactly the same thing here. I just could not stop going down the rabbit hole. I spent a lot of time browsing the booru a few years back. Then I kinda drifted away from it for a couple of years, but then someone posted fluffy abuse on 4chan again a month or so ago, and oops, back down the rabbit hole I went. I miss the booru. Lotta good stuff got lost when it went down. I miss that one story about fluffies in Hell.

6 Likes

Dis am actiawwy nu hewpin ed

5 Likes