I didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by... [by Maple]

I saw Ace’s How Will He Find Me? and thought it was a neat idea. I’m not in the discord, so I went with a song that I happened to be listening to at the time.

“Fucking hell…” you mumbled to yourself as you tried to scrape the remains of a fluffy off your front porch with a dustpan. A god-awful way to start your morning.

Something about fluffies just set you off every time. No matter how much therapy or medication, one word in their fucking fake child voices and you saw red. Metaphorically and then usually literally. Today’s victim was a wine red mare that knocked on your door. You listened to her prattle on about needing a safe place for her tummeh babbehs while you tried to keep your cool but next thing you knew she was crushed under your bare foot, dark fluff lost in the gorey mess spread across the concrete.

It was fucking horrible. The concrete slab wasn’t sealed, so you’d have a rusty brown stain on it no matter how well you cleaned. You’d have to get it chemically etched again, which was expensive as hell.

“Stupid fucking creature…” you nudged her head into the trash can, her face forever frozen in a look of shock. What the fuck did she expect? You wished you could leave her remains as a warning to other ferals but you lived in a nice neighborhood, one that had many fluffy residents.

“Guud mownin’, guud moooooownin! Is guud today!”

Speaking of the fucking devil, down the street trotted the local stray singing one of his stupid songs. You’d tried to call fluffy control on him many times before finding out he was a beloved member of the community. A dark brown pegasus with a pale teal mane, Freddy was fed by all the old ladies of the neighborhood. According to the lady next door he kept the worst of the ferals away, calling himself the local tuffie. Ugh. You hated the fucker, but he made sure the owned fluffies found their way home and didn’t end up mushed into a paste on your porch. That would be a nightmare.

“G’mownin Mistah!” He trotted down your driveway towards you.

Oh no. You kicked a large chunk of the mare into the trash can. “Hey, stay back there buddy! I dropped… uh… a bottle of wine. There’s… glass. Everywhere.”

Freddy paused, tilting his head. “Smeww wike boo-boo…”

“Yeah, I uh… cut myself a little. Don’t worry, I’m okay. Just… go.” You spoke through gritted teeth, trying not to think too hard about how his head would feel crushed under your heel.

“Mmmmmm…. Otay! Hab nicey day, Mistah!” Freddy turned his dumb ass around and trotted back down your driveway, humming another made up song. Thank god.

You did one last scrape with the dustpan before going to get the hose. Thankfully fluffies were dumb as hell at the best of times, so your issues stayed your little secret.

That afternoon you were doing some yard work with some headphones in. Jamming out, vibing even. The large shrub you were trimming back decided it wanted revenge and caught the cord as you turned, yanking the headphones off you. Rude as hell honestly. You gave the bush a sharp look as you picked up your headphones again.

“…you’re sure?” You could just hear the neighbor’s voice through the fence.

“Fweddy am suwe! Saw it! Mawe was nicey to Fweddy, den am smushed on meanie mistah’s powch.” His high pitched voice grated on you, your hand forming a fist.

“Hm. Alright, thanks for letting me know.” She replied.

Your fists shook. That fucking rat bastard. Out there exposing you to the entire fucking neighborhood. You’d show him.

“Couwse, nice wady! Fweddy nee’ tawk to oddah nice hoomans nao, hab nice day!” you heard him say.

You slowly opened the side gate to not make noise and creep around to the front yard. You’d teach him what that big mouth would get him. Grab him, have him bite the curb and-

…No. You clenched your fists, teeth gritted so hard it hurt. You did not want to be known as the neighborhood monster, and killing Freddy would only make that clearer. You’d… talk to him.

Seeing him trotting down the sidewalk you made your way over to him. “Hey…”

Freddy spun around at your voice, wide eyed. “Wha’ wan?!”

“Just to talk, I promise.” You held your hands up.

Freddy stared you down for a moment. “…Tawk abou’ wha’?”

“What… you saw this morning. Please, it’s a… misunderstanding. If you come inside I can… explain.”

“Fweddy nu am dummeh.” He snorted. “Nu get twapped, yu nu huwt Fweddy.”

Ah. Yeah, couldn’t fault him there. “What if we go into the garage then, with the door open?”

“Hm…” Freddy chewed his lip a bit before replying. “Nu du meanie tings, Fweddy scweam.”

“Promise, no funny business.” He followed you across the yard at a safe distance.

Once inside your garage you sat down on one of your ratty-ass lawn chairs you kept to smoke in during the winter. Freddy sniffed around carefully before entering, staying a good four feet away from you.

“So… uh…” You weren’t sure where to start.

“Wai gib nice fwuffy huwties?” He asked.

To the point then. “It- She shouldn’t have been there. Shouldn’t have bothered me.”

“An dat means you du wowstest tings?”

“No! I mean… well…” you put your head in your hands. “Yes, I guess. I just… lost my cool. It wasn’t okay. I should have just chased her off or whatever. There’s…” You swallowed heavily, unable to look at him. “There’s something wrong with me, okay? I see creatures like you and I just need to hurt them. I have to, I don’t want to and I don’t mean to it just… it just happens!”

You looked up at the fluffy who was nodding slowly.

“I don’t want to do it again. I try to keep things like you away from me so it doesn’t happen but they just keep knocking on my fucking door! I don’t want to be the neighborhood monster!”

“Yu am messed up.” Freddy said.

You chuckled to yourself. “Yeah, I guess so. But you understand, yeah? I don’t want the whole fucking neighborhood hearing that I mutilate fluffies.”

“Fweddy unnastand.”

“That’s great, so-”

“Fweddy unnastand dat yu am munstah.”

You blinked at him. “What?”

“Yu am munstah. Yu nu feew bad fow duin’ bad ting, yu feew bad dat Fweddy teww.”

“That’s not-”

“Yu feew bad dat got caught. Yu feew bad dat nice hoomans kno. Yu nu feew bad fow nice fwuffies. Dat fwuffy?” He pointed at your trash can. “She hab fwends. Famiwy. Yu nu cawe.”

“She’s just-”

“Just wha’? She jus’ twashies?”

“She’s just a fucking shitrat!” You snapped. “Why should I give a shit about a bunch of vermin?!”

Freddy nodded. “Mh-hm. Munstah.”

“Oh you want to see a fucking monster?” You jump up from your chair. The fluffy yelps and turns to run but you slam your foot down on his tail.

“Wait, Fweddy nu teww nu moah!” His hooves scrabble on the smooth concrete floor. One you paid for the sealant on.

“Oh, you won’t be telling anyone. Don’t worry.” With the press of a button on the wall you closed the garage door.

You took the trash out to the street that evening, like everyone else on your street. The lid didn’t quite close all the way, and you pressed down on it a bit to no avail.

“Fucking shitrat…” You groaned as you reached in to shove the trash down. You could feel the broken bones of the mouthy fluffy laying on the top of the pile. His horrible teal mane stuck to your hands as you pulled them out. You groaned again, wiping the coarse hair off on the side of the can. Fucking disgusting.

You heard a gasp and turned to see your neighbor standing on her lawn, hands over her mouth as she stared at the bloody hair sticking to you. Before you could say anything to defend yourself, she ran back inside.

29 Likes

Oh, yeah, that house is gonna sell under market.

4 Likes

Even if this isn’t to the letter of what the hugbox event was, it’s almost in the spirit of it, lol.

I love this kind of story, where a reluctant abuser just wants to be left alone and has to be creative. Reminds me of @deadhand31’s national park fluffies.

Sounds like the homeowner needs a Geldie! lol

8 Likes

<3

1 Like

Freddy almost got through to him, but he had to be a smug little gerbil, didn’t he?

7 Likes

Dude’s house is going to get firebombed by one of the polite old ladies across the street, calling it now.

4 Likes

Really, Freddy fucking deserved this and worse. Poor Abuser… if Freddy did his job like he was supposed to in preventing ferals, none of this would of happened. I only hope the Abuser does not suffer over this.

7 Likes

Hippity hoppity, fluffies are property! Sorry lady but the law says its all legal since he was feral. So. Fuck. YOOOOO

4 Likes

-6,000,000,000,000 social credit score

3 Likes

Ohhh yeah baby, that’s the goods! You don’t get to see fluffies capable of reason who don’t come off as self inserts or donut steels very often and it’s even rarer to see implied violence that still manages to be satisfying, but you did a really solid job here. I mean, I’d read every word about the horrors that he endured, but there’s a million squillion stories that’ll rub that itch. P

2 Likes

Thank you!

I was going for a fluffy smart enough to reason with him but not smart enough to know that maybe it wasn’t a good idea to call this guy a monster.

1 Like

That’s what happens when you’re too cheap to shell out for garbage bags.

Poor Freddy. Good grasp of human nature, just not of human grabbing distance.

3 Likes