I dreamt of a fluffy game (Said: SqueakyFriend)

I took a nap and in it I visited an art stream, just because the artist had super pretty art and I had nothing better to do, and they turned out to be painting something for an intro that promptly got finished, and then turned out to be a trailer for a game with a fluffy protagonist.

First things first: The art was really beautiful. It only had four colors: White, pink, light blue and yellow. There was no shading, and I think the lineart was pink, but I recall it having that almost watercolor-like softness. The animated portions were hand-drawn so well it looked 3D.
It was a kind of art-like exploration game, seen from diagonally above, where you just kinda wandered about and wordlessly investigated stuff to make things happen or solve puzzles. It was a curiously dream-like world, and the narration talked about figuring out what kind of world it was. Stuff like the road just cutting off as if the entire chunk of street you were on had been dragged into the sky, or a clown just kind of hovering near a crossing, that kind of thing.
You played as a mare carrying two foals on her back - she was white (color limitations woo), while I think one foal was blue and the other pink. The blue one was your favorite foal, and the pink one was named Pierre.
There was a slight morality system, by which I mean you could be mean to Pierre. Not hitting him or anything, but someone in the chat asked about a particular animation to which the streamer said “if you mean the one where she’s sitting with something in her hooves, that’s if you’re laughing at Pierre”. Basically, Pierre could get off your back to investigate things, which could make bad things happen to him, and you could tease/laugh at him instead of helping/comforting. (You couldn’t permanently lose him, so there was no harm in doing this unless he turns on you during endgame or something.)

The game was sadly not finished, and now I’m a bit sad it wasn’t real.

(Non-fluffy sidenote: When I joined they were drawing a bird on a branch, which would then take to the air and lead the way along a sweeping camera shot; I specifically remember the streamer light-heartedly complaining that the bird was way too fat for the branch, so they had to redraw it.)
(Putting this in community instead of shitposting because it doubles as a free game concept and possible talk about other fluffy-related dreams.)

9 Likes

Always interesting what the mind comes up with when you’re sleeping. That game sounded like a really cool idea and the way you desribed it I wish it was real too.

3 Likes

now i want that game to be real. . . even if it wasn’t fluffy related somehow

1 Like

I once had this odd, yet sentimental dream where my parents had split up, and I was going to my mums house for the weekend.
And she owned some fluffies.
They weren’t really that defined, just coloured blobs, but it was wholesome ^w^

2 Likes