Fluffy Game Ideas (From: SqueakyFriend)

Do you have any? What would you want to play?

I have a bunch of ideas myself, but I have no idea what people here actually look for in a game. Which of these could sound fun?

1. Puzzle game where you’re a newly-bought domestic fluffy trying to get itself killed, and every level your owner fluffy-proofs the room a bit more. For example one level requires you to drown yourself in the water bowl, and the next level you’ve got one of those hamster drinking bottles instead.
  2. Puzzle game where you’re an owner trying to stop your newly-bought domestic fluffy from killing itself. Basically the other perspective of the previous idea.
  3. A dating game where you’re a baby-crazed mare who sneaks out of the house to get knocked up so daddy can’t say no to having babies anymore. All the classic endings, like “come home pregnant”, “bring home a special friend”, “get killed/kidnapped by your love interest cuz you fell for a hellgremlin”, and “fail to get a date altogether”.
  4. Lemmings-type game but it’s fluffies. Can YOU keep your herd alive??
  5. The pretty exploration game I dreamed about.
  6. Fluffy Run Away, AKA an auto-runner with quick-time-event dodging of obstacles, a simple game about a fluffy that ran away from home and is now running from dangers that range between “an owl hooted somewhere” and “there’s a tsunami”.
  7. The Toy Castle, AKA a horror RPG maker game with a foal collecting feature? Probably my most well-known one, since I made a whole novelization about it and stuff.
  8. Tamagotchi-type game but it’s a fluffy. (Probably the safest option.)
10 Likes

This but it’s a stallion. Wee-suwe Soot Wawwy!

1 Like

Personally, I’d be up for some iteration of your Toy Castle, @SqueakyFriend

Good point, I should add that one in too.

Ah yes, the story of an ugly poopie stallion that thinks he’s hot shit looking for love. … Could honestly work.

3 Likes

Would it be a dick move to suggest something based on my stories? Because I’ve already been thinking about that.

I mean the first question is “do you have any [game ideas]?” so …

1 Like

That’s what I mean, a game based on my stories. I thought that was clear.

If it’s not okay, I’ll zip it pronto.

As in, why would there be an issue with talking about your game ideas if the post specifically asks if you have game ideas? This isn’t a to-do list for me or anything, it’d just be neat to hear what everyone wants or have been working on game-wise.

1 Like

I’m just worried that it might come across as egotistical, is all. I do tend to talk about my headcanon a lot, and I’m trying to dial it back a notch.

But if it’s fine… I was thinking about a fighting game based on my HC. Something like Smash would work best, I reckon. There’d be humanoid fighters and fluffy fighters. With Smash style gameplay, having characters of different sizes isn’t a big deal, right? And there’s tons of potential for fighters, stages, items, etc. And alternate costumes. Beach Henry is a must.

And there could be guest fighters from other headcanons, too. Who would get Banjo-Kazooie levels of hype? Supah Fwuff?

Or maybe a Mega Man style game. Cal as Mega Man, Marley as Rush. I recently did a Saga that was packed with Mega Man references. They tend to pop up when a certain mad scientist rears his head.

Or, if you want something more mundane, and focusing entirely on fluffies, I’ve got another idea: you ever heard of a game called Fisti-Fluffs? Despite the title and where we are, it’s actually about cats, buuuuuuuuuut…

Trauma Center/Cooking Mama, with Fluffies.

2 Likes

Surgeon Simulator with fluffies.

6be

2 Likes

Stardew Valley?

You play as an Anthro, so the cave monsters would be cannibal Fluffies.

Maru remains best girl.

Graveyard Keeper!

It’s like Stardew Valley, but with more dead people.

Also you can sell people burgers made of corpse meat at witch burnings.

It’s that kind of game.

I have long envisioned a game similar to lemonade stand but for a small fluffherding operation. The player can choose to sell their fluffies as pets, sell them to butchers, harvest them personally, keep them as pets for happiness points, etc.

1 Like

Combine the Lemmings one with Frogger and you’d literally have the game briefly mentioned in Swindle’s “I Needed A Haircut Anyway”, one of my favorite fluffy stories.

Fluffy Vet Simulator! Yes!

3 Likes

I’ve been working on a couple things in Twine. Not sure if I’ll get any of them to the point of release but the learning experience has been fun so far.

Current WIPs/ideas are:

A slice of life sort of game where you move to a new town and inherit an old house and have to flip it. Lots of options to decorate and renovate, including building a safe room for fluffies and optional abuse basement. Build relationships with locals. Hunt ferals. Maybe a little side breeding.

A Free Cities type fluffy management game. I really dig Fluffy Breeder’s take on it with the store angle but I love me some base building and would probably put more into that.

Flick a Foal. Tiny game where you just buy foals and and flicking them until they expire, you release it, or it gets hella weird (Fwick fwuffy hawdew, daddeh!)

1 Like

I already talked about this somewhere, but a board game where foals are the pieces. Take Monopoly for example. You use the foals as the game pieces, using threat/punishment to get them to move correctly. If something good were to happen on your turn, like you got some money, then you might praise the foal with some kind words, a little petting, or even a treat. If something bad happens, you are free to berate and harm the foal like it was their fault. You lose if you go bankrupt or can no longer get your foal to cooperate due to trauma, fear, or death.

And of course the board would be laminated

Do whichever project sounds the most fun to work on. If you’ve already got ideas, go for them, especially because you want to control the scope of any project you commit to. For example, putting together a fluffy frogger clone is an smaller, easier project than a fluffy sim city, which you wanna be cognizant of especially if you’re working the project all on your own. Nothing kills a game project like biting off more than you can chew and stalling out.

My recommendation for you if you aren’t super experienced working on games is to put together a simple one that basically does one thing, like how Tetris is just one thing, stacking blocks, or Mario land is just one thing, running to the right. Maybe a fluffy tosser game that kind of looks like a golf sim? But you’re kicking fluffies into puddles, holes, beds, electric fences, etc. etc. Depending on what the player chooses in the field of view.

Oh I know! I’m familiar with game-making, though in terms of difficulty I’d say the dating game or Fluffy Run Away would be the easiest. That’s why I didn’t add The Toy Castle at first - it’s a too big and complicated idea to really be viable.

Another idea that I forgot to list but that would also be really easy to do is a Foal Sorting game. “Just here’s a bunch of foals, toss good colors down one tube and bad colors down another.” Maybe later on alicorns or sparkly-furred foals or damaged foals are added which go in their own special categories, to make it harder.

2 Likes