I’m making a fluffy beastiary(Mr_Anonymous)

I definitely heard of cotton fluffs and fluffalos, there were llama fluffies at some point (fllamies? fllamas? fluffamas?), sudifluffs, personally I don’t have any subspecies of my own~

Not yet you mean.
Dragon fluffies !
They got bat like wings spikes and breath fire …well sparks.

1 Like

I think those existed at one point, but they just looked like really fat little dragons. A proper one might be cool, the question is how to separate them visually from bat/demon fluffs.

1 Like

I they were called dragoons and were a boys version of fluffies

1 Like

Well there once was a fluffy version of Erik Larsen’s Savage Dragon.
That might be a starting point.

…i recall something like that …very vaugely

1 Like

I made the first part! Earthie fluff

Might be a good idea to make a master list like this: AMDk7 Story Index

How do I do that?

Just like this one .
Make a community post give it some relevant tags.
Then copy and paste each entry of the fluffy beastiary in to and voila and easy to access master post.

Fluffaloes definitely predates my interpretation, there was already a body of work related to fluffaloes, notably from Marcusmaximus and Pumpiikin, perhaps even back to Fall of Cleveland? I’ll need @Oculusfluffy to provide the more detailed history of fluffaloes!

1 Like

@Mr_Anonymous Just saw the topic on this. I’ll be doing two posts. First post will be going over what has been mentioned, and where they originated from. Second will mention the few subspecies that have not been mentioned yet.

Ackshually

@Carpdime is right. It’s all part of the reason why I’m very fond of fluffalo, as there is a bit of history to them.

Fluffalo was first drawn by MarcusMaximus, for a chapter in Fall of Cleveland.

This was taken from a scene where Mercury met the Fluffalo. The text can be read here, and I’ll need to check if it was uploded to FC.com. This was drawn in about 2012.

Some time much later @Pumpiikin drew her own take on Fluffalo:

46620 - artist pumpiikin buffalo cowfluff cowfluffy fluffalo male oc original_character safe soon_to_come_story sub-species

Just from these two depictions there some varying differences in lore. The original idea which was used for FoC was that fluffalo were the result of Earth ponies having two unicorn horns drilled to their sides, which somehow made them more “bovine-like”. Pumpiikin however doesn’t follow that, and her Fluffalo is more unique since the horns aren’t unicorn horns.

I like that approach! Its the same approach I take to fluffaloes as I like them to be more “bovid” in nature.

@coalheart was among the earliest to depict these here and here

There’s been different takes on bat fluffies. The most famous I came across was Black Dragon Blood’s batfluffy which she later used as a template for her own OC in The Rising. There’s also @fluffsplosion and @SqueakyFriend who have made their own batfluffies but the lore on their batfluffs would be different from BDB’s.

1 Like

I’ll just mention three for now.

Cottonfluffies

Made by @kmeb way back in 2012, based off a doodle she did over a photo of cottonballs. Not as common now.

~

@Muffin 's own unique take on Micros as a eusocial creature, much like ants and naked mole rats.

~

Garden fluffies are a tough one. Originally, garden fluffies as @kmeb depicted them were really large earth fluffies that had earth collected in their fluff, which allowed plants to grown on their backs. Somehow, this design slowly morphed into a half plant/half fluffy chimera which was drawn by some later artists. @Carpdime himself drew some plant-based fluffies.

(… Did you really tag me as an example of batfluff headcanon, while replying to me stating my batfluff headcanon? Come on man, that’s just silly.)

I checked The Rising though and huh, that batfluff got turned into a Hellfluff.

Regular batfluffies, despite being such a simple idea, are for some reason super obscure! There’s only 16 works with the batfluff tag, with a few extra that only had “vampire-fluff” tag! Which is sad!

1 Like

…Glad I 'm not the only one who noticed and went …“hold on”.

where is cum jar fluffy googly eyed rock fluffy human that call it’s self fluffy you people have no vision

I think you’re referring to a furry(all jokes)

Wait, also how do I edit the index cause it won’t let me edit my post after a while?

That’s because you are new.
Just keep posting and you wil sooner rather then later get full acces to all the features of the site.
Its a feature of the software to encourage posters to keep posting

nope the best kind of fluffy [RipoffMcgee] - #7 by truthtellergilead

1 Like

I agree that the subspecies trend is lame, but why enter a clearly labeled convention that you think is lame, to shout at the participants about their lame activities?

Doesn’t accomplish much. Why not uphold the fluffy standard by drawing naked women with dumb horses?