I want to switch to digital art.

I want to switch to digital art, due to its advantages such as infinite erasures.

Should I?
  • Keep it traditional
  • I’d prefer a mix of digital and traditional

0 voters

If so what do I need to start?

9 Likes

Do what makes you happy and fosters your talent the most. A lot of our best artists don’t have digital resources so they post scans of hand-drawn sketches. If you have it, use it!

5 Likes

I would say, do it. Not because there is anything wrong with Traditonal Art or anything but as soon as you learned your way around, it just has so many pluses. Infinite Erases, you can start on a sketch layer and just work your way up to make it better and better and add and erase stuff later if you want. I recommend Firealpaca or Gimp or Paint.net, it doesn’t really matter. But basically, if you allow yourself to learn, there is almost nothing you can’t accomplish with those. You will also save up on pencils, erasers and paper and at last for the last one, mother nature will probably thank you.

1 Like

On one hand digital is cheaper and easier
On the other hand traditional doesn’t need a computer and it already looks gorgeous
I’d say choose depending on the situation

3 Likes

mediabang is also a nice free application, i used it for awhile til i saved up for clip studio paint

but all programs have their own learning curve, i also suggest gettung like a cheap drawing tablet (apparently bestbuy sells waccom tablets now)

3 Likes

You do as you like and what feels right.

2 Likes

Traditional is great, but so is digital. It’s also way easier for me because all I have to do is grab my tablet and Apple Pencil. I don’t have to bring out a bunch of art supplies anymore!

2 Likes

My concern is loosing the “feel”. Of course new mediums come with learning curves but I’d be losing the smell and the feeling of pencil on paper. On the other hand digital simply has so many advantages, I’m just worried about weather or not i should make the leap.

5 Likes

There is something in monsters that only a pencil can bring out

4 Likes

That’s why I’d like to do a mix, depending on the mood. Might be a bit early but it seems like an overwhelming yes on mixing mediums.

5 Likes

Hey, you can do what a lot of artists do. Do lines on paper and color, shading and details digitally.

2 Likes

To start whit digital you need a computer and a drawing tablet or a iPad and Apple Pencil or a tab s7+ s6 once you have that drawing programs have at least 30 day trials, need any more specific answers just ask

4 Likes

I have a touch screen computer, would that work for drawing?

3 Likes

it should!

2 Likes

What kind is it

3 Likes

if all else you may be able to get a stylus that works with your computer!

2 Likes

That’s the question not all touch screens work whit stylus and whit out pressure sensitive it will be odd to draw on

5 Likes

Two shakes, let me check.

2 Likes

enf the pad

2 Likes

Before marriage?

3 Likes