Idea: "WTF are fluffies?"

We’ve always gotten a lot of questions about fluffies and our fascination with them and I don’t blame people for being confused and curious. Our fandom is a very niche and strange one with a lot of nuance and history.
I remember back in the 4chan days there was almost always a particular large image posted explaining what the fuck the deal is with the whole thing. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find by just going through any old archived /b/ fluffy thread but my proposal is to remake it, collaborating between active artists and especially any oldfags that are still around. After all that was like, what, 8-12 years ago? Shit has changed somewhat and it would be helpful to also be able to answer questions about some relatively new shit like sensitive babies and such

A single community post would be nice to point to for anyone with questions about this highly questionable shit.

Please let me know in the comments here if you’d be interested in collaborating and helping organize this, or if you think it’s even necessary. Maybe it’s already been done and I’m just blind and/or retarded. Either way let me know.

9 Likes

Creatures made for our own amusement

2 Likes

Read the post ya dingus

1 Like

Lol

2 Likes

Hasnt this been done before?

:green_heart::green_heart:

Wub

I dunno that’s what I’m asking. Like I said there was one picture that used to be posted frequently in response to any questions we got on 4chan but if it hasn’t been done already I think it should be updated

1 Like

Ah i see then

https://www.reddit.com/r/fluffycommunity/comments/fcz82m/i_feel_like_this_should_be_here_in_case_there_are/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

This picture?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the one

1 Like

It would nowadays, need to be a big thing I think and very good to have, if only as a starting template for people to use, before forming their own … Mary Sue esque Fluffies.

We have the new Forever Foals …

We have sensititve babies who people debate are mentally retarded or on a Fluffy Autism spectrum.

The Hellgremlins.

The many types of subspecies (Bread Fluffs, Microfluffs, Fluffalo, Puffy Griffins, Plant Fluff, Bat Fluff, Aqua Fluff, Mary sue fluff jk, etc… hell I even seen a bacteria fluff… )

The actual biology capabilities that were intended for Fluffies

The age spans and biology of many of these types would be nice as I still can’t figure out how long Sensitive Babies are supposed to live with their condition and only seen one person have this mentioned in a headcanon.

I can’t draw unfortunately, but I fully agree this would be a very, very good thing to have.

3 Likes

Damn I had forgotten about fluffsplosions!

Good times…Good times…

7 Likes

Like all art, fluffy ponies should make us feel something. Good art illicits a strong emotion. In that regard, fluffy ponies are a mirror through which we can view ourselves and each other in all our beauty and ugliness. You can really explore your own humanity when presented with a fluffy pony story.

We have been given a gift. A community built around a theme. That’s so rare in writer and artist circles, yet here exists both simultaneously. And what joy and horror can we pull from this bountiful cornucopia!

I have drawn more in the last six months than I have in the previous decade. And even if fluffy community falls like the chan and the booru before it, internet archeologists will see the archives of this place and go, “Jesus Christ, wtf was all that?”

It doesn’t make sense, but clearly some vast and mighty empire existed here, with no gods and no kings.

3 Likes

I don’t think all those subspecies would be needed for a basic overview, would they? We’re not making a dictionary here. And the hellgremlins can be explained pretty easily in maybe a sentence or two.

6 Likes

Fair point, I think if only a brief summarization of the Hellgremlin and Subspecies would help when they show up to someone, like the term resetting.

A general life expectancy though for some of these things would be nice though. I seriously can’t figure out the lifespan of Sensitive Fluffies as even with care, added vitamins and nutrients can only go so far as an example. I only seen one person reference of this. Of course headcanons always differ but…

Eitherway, this project would be a very valuable one I think…

1 Like

I loved fluffsplosions

<3

Creatures made for our own amusement

Jk, yeah I wanna help lmao, create a group chat in the site for this

2 Likes

I’m trying to bring them back

1 Like