Im scared but i just want to say i love you all

It’s always the guns :wink:

2 Likes

These are some steps anyone who is afraid can do to protect yourselves from a nuclear assault.

1. keep a good first aid kit and get a first aid manual
  2. Keep 3 weeks worth of food and water that is sealed or in resealable packages (1 gallon of water per day per person
  3. Have a high quality N95 or surplus gas mask with good seal and current NBC filter
  4. Duct tape and plastic sheets to seal broken windows or intact windows in the case of attack
  5. have a room without windows and away from exterior walls.

6, have enough books or games to entertain yourself for 3 weeks.

7, if you get contaminated wash yourself with soap and shampoo in cold water and DO NOT under any circumstances use hot water, conditioner or lotions/oils

8, keep some cash in either coins or small bills

9, have an emergency flashlight and radio that is crank powered in order to listen for CDC or DOD messages,

10, have 1 months worth of any spare medicines you need.

11, have your essential documents together and copies of things like birth certificates, diplomas, passport, shot records, etc

12, Stay inside for 3 weeks after a nuclear assault unless absolutely necessary, the radiation halves every 24 hours for the most dangerous isotopes and after 3 weeks it is safe in most areas to evacuate.

cdc.gov

Here guys

1 Like

I don’t think any of that would make a difference if your city gets wiped off the fucking map.

1 Like

1 Like

Dude, plenty of people survived Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Also most nuclear weapons used modern day are smaller and the larger ones would be aimed at big cities and military bases.

That isn’t inaccurate, any type of cover away from the initial blast and shock wave will improve your odds. If you are in the fireball you are dead.

Okay, yeah, but Fat Man and Little Boy weren’t as powerful as nukes these days are.

We also didnt have antiballistic defense systems back then

2 Likes

Not everyone will be right at ground zero, the biggest killer would be fallout. Fallout kills the most due to radiation poisoning and cancers in the first week after a nuclear strike. For that matter I am going to link to a study put out by the NIH that talks about the medical implications of a 100 megaton bomb which is what the Tsar Bomba was originally going to be.

1 Like

hey, if its any consolation, america is back down to defcon 3 (defcon 1 being the highest and defcon 5 being the lowest)
we have been at defcon 3 since 9/11

2 Likes

DEFCON -1: humanity has been retroactively erased from existence.

1 Like

defcon -5: the universe has been destroyed because someone punched the ground too hard in just the right place

The worst thing that could happen is that people don’t prepare and they end up surviving long enough to die a painful death. If the night sky turns to day in a split instant and they prepare and still die then at least they didn’t have to suffer for long. The issue arises when that happens and they survive and have no means of helping themselves until things get better. In my city we have 324,000 people and 500,000 when you count in the metropolitan area. The city itself has 327 sworn police officers, 112 reserve officers, and 270 firefighters, the county has an additional 300 sheriff’s deputies and 300ish firefighters. That means we have 1 emergency worker for almost every 500 residents, if all of them are hurt and can’t help themselves in some way we are fucked. In my family personally we have several former military who nearby live and in addition my mother and little brother are both trained as EMTs (emergency medical technicians) and my little sister is a trained pharmacy technician. I personally know how to shoot and have been coordinating with the neighbors for years on emergency plans because we live in an earthquake prone area.

1 Like