Introducing FluffStem™! (AMPathy05)

"Warning: Violent Content, not safe for the viewing of children.

Tired of your fluffies being replaced by their own mistakes?"

The commercial shows a clip of a Fluffy falling down the stairs. Breaking their bones on the way down.

So fragile, and it takes FOREVER for them to heal!

And a clip of another Fluffy crawling around in bandages with his hind legs being limp.

And stuck having an disabled Fluffy even when they DO heal?

Another clip shows of an alicorn foal, missing an eye and a wing, having to go about in a fluffy wheel supports.

But all your problems can be solved coming from the labs of Hasbio Incorporated, The FluffStem!

The clip shows an epipen-like syringe with two happy fluffies presenting it.

One simple injection from our Patented FluffStem Pen, within a few days your afflicted Fluffy will be good as new!

As it said, the injection from the syringe is shot into a fluffy’s back as it “SKREEE!”. Then the clip shows the time-lapse of that fluffy healing from his broken bones. And he runs around happily as if the injury never happened.

No more that you will have to put that Old Yeller down, for thanks to our stem cell reasearch, it can heal ALL injuries! Even the loss of their appendages! So you can take your beloved pet on all their favorite activities!

Another clip shows a fluffy without her limb, being injected with the FluffStem, showing another time-lapse of new legs slowing growing out of her stumps. Cutting to that fluffy running about on the field of a park by her owner’s side.

"With the payment of 29.99 each, your fluffy shall be whole again, giving them AND you, the most happiest hearties! New on the market, FluffStem+! For the more instantaneous healing of your pet for 59.99!

Hasbio!

(Not for human use, works best one at a time, and best used after refrigeration.)"

A member of the marketing team taps pause on the video.

“So, what do you think?”

“Ahm… it’s informative, but a bit too… Graphic.” Said a man in a suit. “What if a kid see this.”

“That’s why we put in a disclaimer.” The marketing member replies.

“You think parents would be around to notice that? Or kids will follow ANY rule?” Rebukes the suit. “They just sit their brats in front of a screen and call it a day.”

“Then how can we show them if our product works?”

“Be creative with it! It’s your job to make it sell!” He shouts.

“Think they will be selling anyway to a certain part of Fluffy enthusiasts.” Another member points out.

“You mean those abusers?” Said another.

“Yeah, those guys.”

A blonde woman in a lab coat and glasses spoke up. “Look, it was not easy getting it to work in the first place. Both lovers and haters of Fluffies alike still would want this for their pets. The ones in the medical field would want to apply it for human use. And you will still get your money. If you want to broadcast it, do it, I don’t exactly care.”

“Professor Barnes-” Replies the suit. “You do realize that-”

“That what? That this might scare people off? Not exactly.” Said Barnes. “If this product works as intended, which is does, then you should have no problem getting it out to the public. Now if I am done here, I bid you all good day. I’ll be in the lab if you need me.” She turns to leave.

Professor Harkess is a madman, granted, as long as he experimented on Fluffies, no one will bat an eye. But then he started messing around with actual humans. Bums, orphans, people no one will miss, but it’s still inhumane. To make sure his actions isn’t tied to the company, despite being in the North Northwest Branch, he was fired. And he did left, just with all of his reasearch notes.

Again, he is a madman, but it was because of his notes that the project started in the first place. Amanda Barnes would give him a shake of a hand… before a punch to his depraved face. She on the other hand, has no care of Nobel Prizes or money. Amanda is a cog in a greater machine. So she will continue her job as a scientist until she rusts away.

That being said, that FluffStem project was difficult making it work through all the trial and error she and her team had done.

She remembered those few years ago as if it were yesterday.

(Experiment #1)

“Ever since Prof Harkess has been fired, we have been working on those notes of his. The ones that speak of regeneration.” Amanda spoke into her recording log. “As it said, it involves Stem Cells, similar Stem Cell Therapy. And in those notes, Prof Harkess harvested a large amount of stem cells from the fetal tissue from pregnant mares. So we did the same.”

“It’s ridiculous that we are making full regeneration possible on FLUFFIES of all things.” Said a member of her team. “Why should they have this breakthrough in medicine before us?”

“Drop it, Arnold.” Sighed Amanda. “These stem cells are harvested from fluffies. We have no idea what it does to a human, much less willing to find out. That and we can’t find volunteers for it.” She returns to her log. “Our first test subject is a fluffy male, taken from a shelter. His injures are of a typical victim of abuse. Missing legs, missing genitalia, eye gouged out, teeth removed.”

“Wun… wun deh…” Muttered the mutilated fluffy.

“Seriously, some people are sick fucks.” Arnold spoke up. “It’s people like them that there are fewer nicer shitrats on the streets.”

“As I was saying…” Amanda continued with the tone of annoyance. “Administer the cells.”

“Administering.” Said Arnold as he injected into the fluffy’s back.

The fluffy’s too tired to even scream anymore. However, he started to convulse.

“Uh… Professor Barnes?” Arnold backed away a bit. “Should the effects be this quick?”

“It is what it was designed.” Replied Amanda. “…but you might want to get out of the testing room just in case.”

Arnold hauled ass on out. “No need to tell me twice!”

With the convulsions, the Fluffy expanded with a “SkreeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-”

That was then he bursts like a blood filled balloon as blood and gore sprays the room and onto the glass.

“Oh shit…” Gasped Arnold.

Amanda was silent as she continued on. “The test was a failure. It seems the initial serum Harkess designed proved to be fatal for the subject as it replicated the cells in his blood far too rapidly instead of replacing the missing and damaged tissue as it intended. It seems that his serum needs a rework after all.”

“Yeah- why didn’t we do that in the first place!?” Exclaimed Arnold.

“This is a control experiment.” Said Amanda. “Since we now know what it does, we can make specific alterations until we get the result we want. Back to the lab we go.”

(Experiment #2)

“This is Prof. Barnes with a second log to the FluffStem project.” Amanda spoke into the microphone. “The initial test was proven a failure as it replicated the wrong cells. Resulting in self rupturing by his own blood.”

“Can’t you say that he basically fucking exploded?” Said Arnold.

“Yes, I am sure anyone who would want to listen to this wants to hear me say that the Fluffy ‘Fucking Exploded into gibs’.” Amanda replied annoyed. “Anyway, we try some biological programming into those stem cells to find any damaged tissue and replace it like it was supposed tp do. This next subject is a mare that was repurporsed into a Milk Bag.”

“Let me guess, this mare had Bitch Mare Syndrone?” Arnold spoke up again.

“That is what her pervious owner said, yes.” Replied Amanda. “Typical ones who were impregnated too early and started to choose favorites as part of Hasbio’s biological programming. And because of that, she is reduced to a limbless, blind, milk receptacle.”

“Like all mares with Bitch Syndrone.” Added Arnold. “Administering the serum?”

“Do it.” She nodded.

As Arnold did, the mare squealed. “PWEASE!!! NU HUWT MUMMAH NU MOWE!”

“You probably shouldn’t neglect your other children, huh?” Arnold looked down at her.

“Bestest Babbeh! Whewe Bestest Babbeh!” She turns her head around. “Mummah am hewe!”

“It has been months since this happened to you.” Said Amanda. “Your favorite has either grown or gone. I don’t exactly care which. But tell you what. If you can see and walk again, we’ll take you to your ‘Bestest Baby’.”

“W-weawwy!?”

“Only if.” Replied Amanda.

“You talk like this might fail too, Prof. Barnes.” Said Arnold.

“Time will tell, Arnold.” Amanda leaned back on her chair. “Now we wait for results.”

(Experiment 3)

“This is Prof. Barnes with another log of the FluffStem project.” Amanda spoke into the mic. “Unfortunately our second test has been proven a failure as well. It worked too well so to speak. The subject grew legs, yes, but not just in the missing areas. But also where legs shouldn’t grow out of.”

“And where EYES shouldn’t grow out of.” Shuddered Arnold.

“So we had to put it down via immolation.” Continued Amanda. “To stop the undesired result from growing more than it should have. Speaking of fire, after reworking the serum again, we brought in another test subject. And it was by chance. A feral male that seemed to have escaped from a fire. Left side has received burns, that its fluff can no longer grow at that area as other ferals called it a ‘monster’.”

“Well that’s just tragic.” Said Arnold. “Almost feel sorry for the little guy.”

“Can fwuffy hab sketties nao? Nu wike dis housies…” The half burned fluffy spoke up.

“After the experiment.” Replied Amanda. “Arnold?”

“Got it, ma’am.” Arnold injects the serum into the fluffy.

“OWCHIES!” Yelps the fluffy. “WAI GIB FWUFFY PINCHIE HUWTIES!?”

“To see it makes you look better again.” Arnold crossed his arms. “So that other fluffies won’t call you a monster anymore.”

“Fwuffy… wiww wook pwetty again?” Asked the feral. “Nu wook wike munstah nu mowe?”

“Ehhh, we hope.” Arnold shrugs.

“Yay!” The feral trotted around on the table. “Fwuffy wiww hab fwiends again! Fwuffy hab most heart happies!”

Amanda spoke into the recording device. “Now we wait for the results.”

(Experiment 4)

“It seems that this rendition of the serum has reduced the feral into a pink sludge with hair.” Said Amanda, speaking into the device as she walks through the hallway towards the testing room. “The stem cells should have built the lost cells, NOT break it down. I’m taking a more careful look so as if there isn’t any sort of sabotage. God hope not it is not PETA at it again.”

As she enters the room, she spoke up,

“Arnold, what we have we brought in today?”

“Uhm… Don’t want to alarm you, but…” Replied Arnold. “I may have started the experiment without you.”

“…you what?” Amanda said with a hint of anger.

“B-before you get mad…!”

“Have you even recorded it!?” Exclaims Amanda.

“Kinda yeah…” Arnold scratches the back of his head.

“…I am sensing a but.” Said Amanda.

“But after I administered the serum on a fluffy, you know, the one that was completely ‘nuggetfied’?” Continued Arnold, “I went on a short bathroom break, only for it to be gone when I get back.”

“…gone? What do you mean, gone?” Amanda asked, baffled.

“It’s no longer in the room, and as you can see, it SOMEHOW broke through the glass.” Arnold gestures to the hole in the window.

“…call security.” Spoke up Amanda. “Get this facility on lock down.”

“W-what?”

“Your fucking license is on the line, Berkeley!” Shouts Amanda. “This shouldn’t be possible for a fluffy to BREAK bulletproof glass! Get this whole place on lock down, and I SWEAR to god that whatever this version made DOESN’T leave this place.”

“R-right!” Arnold scrambled for the phone line.

As Arnold makes the call as alarms blared, Amanda leans against the comms and groans, “This is not my day.”

(Experiment 178)

“Just how many tests we have gone throught, just how many pregnant mares we harvested from…” Amanda rubbed her temples as she talked into the recorder. “We STILL haven’t found that THING from Experiment 4. Berkeley had been fired for his blunder by the way. And all the failures seem routine at this point. If this experiment fails, this project will be scrapped.”

She eyes her new assistant, his name being Darren Chehalis, “Dr Chehalis. If you will?”

Darren nodded, “Right. Our test subject is an alicorn that was injured by some particularly spiteful fluffies. And the breeder in question couldn’t find a buy for damaged goods. Until we came to him and took it off his hands. Administering now.”

“Eep-!” The alicorn yelps as the needle pricks her skin.

Amanda expected anything besides a success at this point. Oversized limbs, extra pairs of eyes, another Experiment 4, anything. But… a bone pokes out of the nub of the alicorn’s missing wing as the alicorn squeals in pain. As it grew into a naked wing with feathers slowly regrowing it. As the once crippled fluffy starts to stand again.

“H-huh? Fwuffy can walkies again?” Said the Alicorn as it then flops due to the newly healed limbs hadn’t been grown in a while.

“…fuck me…” Mutters Amanda. It was a success! After so much trial and error, it was a success! Granted, that fluffy needs physical therapy, but it means it was fully healed.

“God damn… we fucking did it…” Darren spoke up. “We actually-!”

Amanda laid back on her chair, and gave out a long groan of catharsis. All those years of hell has been worth it.

Returning to the present, her team clinked glasses in celebration of the success of the FluffStem project.

“Hey, here’s the woman of the hour!” Said one of the bio engineers.

“I shouldn’t take all the credit.” Shrugs Amanda. “It was from Harkess’s notes this even gotten off the air.”

“Yes, but you perfected it.” Said Darren.

“Again, I shouldn’t take credit for your work.” Replies Amanda. “Now if you need anything from me, I’ll be in my office.”

“Really? Come on, live a little. You know you deserve the break!” Said another of the bio engineers. “We know we do!”

“Thanks but no thanks.” Amanda passes by them as she enters her office and closes the door behind her.

“Geez, she’s a workaholic, huh?”

“At least she’s better than Harkess. That dude was freaky.”

“Yeah, what was he fired for? Human experimentation?”

“What does he need to experiment on humans for relating to Fluffies of all things?”

“I don’t know, some fucked up shit or whatever.”

Amanda heard it all behind closed doors. She might some idea of what Harkess WAS planning before he got ousted from the North Northwest Branch. And it wasn’t pleasant.

She laid out the research notes, pertaining about making Fluffies… intelligent. Not just intelligent, but human like. Perhaps TOO human like.

Meanwhile, somewhere deep under the town of North Northwest, Montana, an older man with graying brown hair walks through large tubes filled with fluid.

Harkess puts his hand on one of them, and smiles. Inside it, is a Fluffy female. More humanoid than her smaller counterparts, suspended in the fluid with a cord attached to her navel from the bottom of said tube.

“Yes… it has coming along quite nicely…”

10 Likes

‘Daddeh, what am “Umbwella Cowpwation”? It not rainies! Siwwy daddeh!’

I was so happy to see the fluffy mutate extra limbs on one of the early tests. Knew it was coming - you just gotta include it when it comes to regeneration!

4 Likes

Hell yeah, I love this sort of biopunk stuff

Love it! I bet that nugget is still oozing around in the vents.

1 Like

Oh no, he’s a lot worse than a pile of ooze.

1 Like