Join the potential dev team and let's make a game! -CLOSED-

I had a short talk with @Loopie about fluffy game development. The current problem with fluffy games is that everyone works on their own. And because of this, they get overwhelmed. And not much fluffy games get released. But those that do, are more like flash games than full blown games.

Then loopie got an idea:

What if all fluffy community game developers came together as a dev team to make a game together!

This way we could create something never seen before!

So by making this post I want to know how many people here in the fluffy community know game development. If you know anything about game development or anything that can help, please let me know!

The more devs we have, the better.

What the game is about and other will be decided when and if the team is assembled.

Update:

I’m not shure if this is going to work.

We would need a better leader than me.

23 Likes

Even if you’re just starting out, it’d still be great to have you on board. The more of us there are working together, the easier things become. We can all learn new things or ways of doing something.

7 Likes

Be wary of the opposite problem: too many cooks spoil the broth.

6 Likes

True, but the community is fairly small to begin with.

4 Likes

Even a two cylinder engine will run foul if any one component isn’t in tune with the rest. But enough metaphors, best of luck to you all.

4 Likes

I’m super interested in helping making a fluffy game! I know lots about making game art assets cuz i go to university to study videogame art hehe (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

5 Likes

I can attest to that.

I’m still ‘working’ on fluffy breeder, but lots of IRL stress and lack of inspiration/motivation is a killer.

7 Likes

If you want help, I’m sure many of us would love to contribute to helping flesh out Fluffy Breeder.

5 Likes

I’m sure y’all won’t need it for a while but I can help playtest, and potentially help with sprites if need be, there’s definitely some other stuff I could help with like level design and what not but I am a beginner at game dev stuff, been a play tester for smaller games for much longer

4 Likes

Anything helps, and I’m sure you would find it to be a great learning experience all around.

3 Likes

Oh, for sure.

Discord for FB is Fluffy Tycoon (30 day link, can’t make a longer one), not a whole log of activity but I have details of the current status of the rebuild there.

5 Likes

Already there

2 Likes

I have programming experience, but it really depends on what engine you want to do this in. Unity would be pretty straightforward since the coding is primarily done in C# and I have decent ability in ANSI C, so picking up the OOP components wouldn’t be too terrible.

4 Likes

i know about story planning and can help make 2d or concept art, i know its not much but i’ll help however i can!

4 Likes

idk i could help with dialogue and ideas but i cannot code for shit

4 Likes

I can do art, but not as good as many of the others in this community. Depending on the language I can help out with the coding bits, I’m extremely proficient at python and pygame coding, and I’m currently trying to learn Unity. I’d love to help!

3 Likes

No better time to learn, then.

3 Likes

I have great interest.
Trying to make games alone is hard for sure. I am having problems with my projects too.

3 Likes

I have pretty much the same knowledge, i would love to help

3 Likes

I have some experience with Unity, and with 3d molding, I also have some basic experience with C++ and Python though I would love to learn more and more languages. I also develop table top RPG and TCG in my personal life. Though I don’t know how much time I have to donate it would be fun to help :slight_smile:

4 Likes