Kitsune Fluffy (AMDk7)

I have no idea if I am doing this right.
But i decided to have a go at drawing fluffies and used a sub species drawn by Carpdime as inspiration.
And so I ended up with kitsune fluffies.
I dont know if this is a derivate work or not.
If carpdime objects then I wil take em down

Having said that here is my first attempt with huge ass tails
How many tails does a fluffy need ?!
Those things are bigger then it is.

Also if anybody wants to have a go at drawing them by all means.
Feel free.

14 Likes

Don’t be afraid, you may have taken inspiration but unless you traced it I don’t think carpdime would mind, after all imitations is the most sincere form of flattery.

If in doubt, use the community posts virgil or mr owl will be able to answer site related questions.

As for the fluff it is very nice! Can’t wait to see more of your work

I asked Carpdime just to be sure it just seemed the right thing to do.
The fluffies name is now Rambo apparantly after the apple cultivar …ahem

and I uploaded 5 other pics.
They get progressivley weirder

1 Like

The Kitsune fluffy I drew a while back was a contribution to the bestiary series that ShadySmarty did at the time. Shady covered the general types like earthies, Unicorn etc. I don’t think it got further expanded on from there. My Kitsune was based on the Keaton from the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of time (first real appearance in Majora’s Mask).

2 Likes

I remember the bestiary from the booru
But I only ever saw the one kitsune fluffy pic you did .
Mind you I lurked on the booru but didnt grab everything.

I’m thinking of having mine kitsune fluffies be spliced with fox DNA and be more a European\UK variant since fluffies are so usa centric usually.

Shadysmarty is proving to be even more important/influential. I was fully aware of Scootafluff, as well as his influence on artists like Pumpiikin, but I didn’t know about this.

So I accidentally uncovered something new ?
Cool.

I wouldn’t say its something new as much as its some old booru lore. There’s still a lot that needs to be known.

And also a lot that’s sadly been lost.
The booru want just abuse and anger.

oh man i love the different kinds of fluffs that exist, thanks for digging up the kitsune and other variations!

2 Likes

I hope to do more with the Kitsune ones at least.

@ProfessorOlive You sounded like @MossyFluff for a moment! That said, I also do like to look through the history of the booru to see if people came up with other fluffy variatons

2 Likes

I’ve been going through my high unorganized and messy booru archive
( 1937 items 1871 are pictures )
Mostly came across artists that are not on here.
But I did come across a pikachu “variation”\gag
and necklaces and phone tags including micro fluffies

No other variations then the Kitsune ones as of yet.

Edit: speak of the devil
just came across a “hedgefluff” or pkey fluffy by mangoalie
it’s blue off course.

Edit 2 : Found one that glows in the dark
and a more sea horse sea fluffy design by babbehteef

1 Like

I know the you’re talking about (I’m working with two separate archives on my end, one well-curated and very organized, another much larger one but not as organized)

My archive is badly organized, I just grabbed what I liked on the booru.
And the kitsune one stood out to me.

Don’t sully @ProfessorOlive 's good name with my moldy one!

Also interesting take on a kitsune model. With how long their legs look to be it could help with navigating their surroundings with such long tails. I would imagine they would be designer/domestic as those tails would be a huge hindrance in navigating an urban and or a rural environment.

3 Likes

I havent given much thought about how long their legs are im stil getting to grips with drawing fluffies
so the legs are fairly stubby
The original Carpdime kitsune fluffies were highly confident and agile.
“mine” are fairly high maintenance pets that were a fluke and originated from the UK.

I think both versions can co-exist.
the UK version being a deliberate copy of the original Japanese that reside in deep woodlands.
( yes I’m waffling on)

But if you have any suggestions or want to have a go at drawing them by all means.

If anybody else wants to have a go at drawing them too feel free

1 Like