Lil' Champ Fanart (by Booperino)

Lil’ Champ from @OtherCoraline story :slight_smile: did my best to try to emulate the art style ^^

58 Likes

I found the ending depressing.
Though it did remind me of a Spoosh comic,

4 Likes

yeah that ending was too sad, but understandable that they dropped the story, there are stories that i myself have dropped in the past cause i lost the willpower to continue x.x’

15 Likes

He looks so happy. Happiness is something he didn’t get enough of during his short life.

4 Likes

I would have preferred to see a bit more hugbox to be honest, it was just a bit too bleak.
Indifference is alwasy teh bleakest outcome possible.

The Spoosh comic in questions was a biology professor ignoring a foal, demonstrating that a foal dies sooner from indifference and a lack of attention then from neglect.

Its not really something I agree with but Spoosh has always been unnerringly good at that sort fo thing

4 Likes

That’s the same for a lot of animals sadly.

4 Likes

Real cute Boop, as usual. I also love this style, gotta admit. It’s a lot smoother than OC’s.

What most disappointed me about Lil’ Champ was the sudden and frankly, nonsensical/plot hole end he got.

We had left him crying and with the “fluffysitter” gone to calm his nerves, his daddy gone to visit his parents and pick up a rollerboard for his fluffy. We come back, the cousin has randomly dropped the fluffy somewhere, the daddy has literally stopped caring about the fluffy and forgot about, you know, living in another town.

Ok then.

Now, I am not miffed that OC forgot/didn’t finish about a story they were making, of course. Life comes first and all that jazz.

But passing it off as "well I forgot about a fluffy story, it makes sense the owner would forget about the pet they cared for aswell/ try to play it off as the owner having never really cared when it was one of the major points of the plot…

That was indeed disappointing.

5 Likes

yeah the ending felt nonsensical with the way the owner acted towards the fluffy after the whole story, but OC is a master of sadbox, so id imagine ending that way was the easiest route to put a closure to that story (at least i assume so, its not up to me to imagine what others think when working lol)

3 Likes

Love how smooth it looks.

I agree that the ending looked somehow weird. Although, I do understand how and why it was rushed.

I think OC draws with a mouse, hence is really difficult keeping a good pace because sometimes it takes you way too long drawing scenarios. And becomes really tired

3 Likes

Ah the little Rascal, it’s nice to see him happy again but in the end nothing of worth was lost :joy: but for real if OC had written more with him it would only have gotten worth for him.

And again great art

3 Likes

Coraline is gonna be triggered lol.

4 Likes

Look at how dead he isn’t.

4 Likes

Deadn’t

4 Likes

D’awwww. He’s a cute little guy when drawn by someone who thinks fluffies deserve happiness. I can see why peeps were rooting for a happy ending. :hugs:

12 Likes

Yeah. I couldn’t do anything satisfying in a reasonable time frame, so I just decided to rip the baindaid off, so to speak.

Sorry I disappointed you guys (and obviously I’m not offended if you didn’t like it, wasn’t my best work). Just trying to spend less time on social media in general, so I cooked up a BS ending to finish it quick. I do this for therapy and forget that others actually get invested/like my fluffy characters.

9 Likes

No worries.
In the end its your work and your fluffies and you can do with them what you like.
In the end it should either just be a bit of fun.
Or for therapy.

( i personally never expected to latch on quite as much as i did to my own fluffy oc Rambo )

3 Likes

I kinda flip flop between hugbox mostly with my OC Rambo

And then to extreme abuse, with almost nothing in between.

It’s honestly kinda weird.
I get cute aggression with hugbox fluffies and my hugbox side wakes up with abused fluffies.

2 Likes

Eh, I simply am more of a “you do something, you do it well or not at all” kind of guy.

I for one took the L with the fwufftobuh when I ran dry for too long. I kept the drafts of the unfinished days to use in future stories, to avoid half-assing them.

Also, fluffy sadbox as therapy? Color me surprised.

Anyhow, no point in crying over spilt milk.

2 Likes

Somehow just saw this and it made my day :heart:

1 Like

Such a little trooper

2 Likes