Lil' Champ Part 4 (OtherCoraline)

I really liked how he erased his smile to the little fool, I feel that it is premeditated abuse by the way I charge it and dropped to put the TV but I may be wrong it will be known in the next part

I like how you give them those expressions of innocent joy and they are abruptly changed to pain.

3 Likes

Reread at home. Yeah, that sinking feeling in my heart now that I got to really got to take time and watch his expressions… Like a little rope wrapped around it and started pulling down to my stomach…

Why do I do this to myself?

2 Likes

I feel like when the owner gets back, he is gonna be…fuming.

1 Like

Oh god damn it I didn’t think this would hit me so god damn hard.

1 Like

Accidental abuse is my favourite kind of abuse

1 Like

D’awww…we still love you, Lil’Champ! huggies

3 Likes

Yeah, the stupid thing is like 15 panels for a comic that could be condensed to 5.

But the whole thing hinged on the facial expressions. I needed that many panels to go from homesick (for daddeh) → confused → curious → joyful → feeling loved by a fluffy for the first time → blissful happiness → realization → horror → sadness → broken despair

Glad you liked it your second read :grinning:

4 Likes

Speaking as the copy and paste king here, I appreciate the amount of lavish work you’ve done here. I’m pretty sure I would’ve been over it and regretting my decision around panel 4.

I think we’ve been in a number of chats dancing around a selfish hugbox versus a welfare focused one. It’s a really hard topic because sometimes our better natures can short-circuit our perspective. Or because we have our own issues or discomfort/pain can stop us.

I think I had mentioned I know a guy who had a really old cat he couldn’t bring himself to put to sleep. She was old, losing her bowel control, meowed a lot (think from pain), etc. He had to go somewhere and when he started backing out with his car? Felt a resistance and a loud noise. She was behind a tire and didn’t even move like she would have in times passed…

He took her to the Humane Society very who put her down, but he really regretted it. For quite a while he wondered if she had done it deliberately or not … hard to say.

I think that’s the challenge Little Champ poses. A lot of us like hugbox, inspirational stories, and happy endings. And as fiction? It’s totally doable. But you’re not letting us cheat, and I think that’s a good thing. I think I realized that halfway through the poll, which is why I decided that maybe a hugbox/sadbox combination might be best. But that’ll be some work at this point I’d it’s even possible.

There’s a growing number of “goodbye” days for pet dogs: one last good day as a send-off before going to sleep forever. Honestly, that’s the best I could hope for with Little Champ, and I hope his owner adopts again but thinks about the next fluff’s overall life potential.

So, I realize some folks were a little salty, but thank you for staying the course.

1 Like

“There goes the last of his smiles” ← sometimes the real sadbox is in the comments.

You make them so pitiable and adorable, congratulations.

3 Likes

Let’s be honest, there’s not much to choose there

badum-tssss

1 Like

Was already missing your updates

3 Likes

no one but him is currently using them tho

2 Likes

I do enjoy the giant angry face I’ve seen you employ as well :laughing:

1 Like

screaming nonsense until they get what i want is the best

1 Like

Mr. Babysitter is an idiot, but I really have to put this on the owner.

Anyone with half a brain can see that he’s a terrible fit for this job. It’s like the owner wants this all to go badly.

Fuck’s sake. Put Lil’ Champ in a pet carrier and take him with you if your only option is this colossal fuckup. I’m used to senseless human cruelty and fluffy stupidity, but something about the owner’s stupidity is setting me off. Fuck this guy.

1 Like

between getting in trouble for having an unlicensed fluffy in my car and getting a dumb babysitter, I choose the later

3 Likes

Someone called my “tripod” piece a reverse lil champ and it was one of the best compliments I got about it.

I love Lil Champ. I also love Lil Champ’s suffering.

7 Likes

YES !!! CRY ! sip tears

6 Likes

That would work if the MC didn’t live in a state that has a policy of “kill any fluffy on sight”. Coraline explained that in previous posts of the comic, it is the reason for the MC having to travel to his parent’s state to be able to buy the items for Little Champ in the first place.
The obviously bad babysitter choice is more from “I don’t have another choice aside from this really REALLY shitty relative that will at least keep quiet about my fluffy” than “I just don’t care, hur dur”.

2 Likes

put a blanket over it, what are the cops gonna waste their time pulling a guy over to search his vehicle for a fluffy?

2 Likes