Lil' Champ's (Disappointing and Dissatisfying) Finale (OtherCoraline)

Pretty sure they were joking

1 Like

Years on social media has ruined my sarcasm detector.

4 Likes

Mine’s pretty busted too at times for that reason.

2 Likes

The idea of buying a fluffy that acts nothing like a fluffy is great. You are getting a fluffy whose whole idea is not being a fluffy.

3 Likes

The fiend pines for a dog may no dog ever have the misfortune of having him for an owner

I liked the abrupt swerve from what what the community voted on :open_mouth:!

Still it really goes to show just how disposable fluffies are and Lil Champ isn’t any exception. Just seeing Lil’ Champ rotting away in an old shoe box being forgotten is far more brutal and terrible fate to befall him.

His “daddeh” has moved on with a new life and even going to get a new fluffy that acts like a dog “Woofy” so even if he were to have seen Lil Champ he’d probably just be indifferent and wouldn’t acknowledge him further breaking his little heart. There’s no good outcome for LC, and all in all I liked how this story ended.

4 Likes

i liked this ending even if it was rushed , especially the part when the owner went from “i’ll love you no matter what” to “yeah i was going to get rid of him so i could buy a fluffy that dosen’t make me cringe” i feel like that’s the mindset people would have in a world with fluffys :laughing:

5 Likes

I knew you couldn’t be trusted to give Lil’ Champ a happy or natural ending XD

1 Like

This ended better than expected. I expected something more light and happy. This is a very welcome surprise.

Got our vote after all. :}

2 Likes

One could argue that WAS a natural ending for a fluffy

2 Likes

“…Not with a bang but with a whimper.”

Disappointing, sure, but i guess it works.

I would have gone with the sitter abusing ferals in front of a traumatized but healthy Champ. Not sure where I’d go from there - abandoned, sent to a shelter, or accepted as he is.

2 Likes

Oof this ending hurt. Poor lil champ

1 Like

I like your idea.

But here’s the thing:

THAT WOULD REQUIRE EFFORT

And I’m a lazy jagweed :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Well that sucks for little champ

1 Like

Wait what so the vote didn’t matter o well nice story

Honestly? I like it.

2 Likes

Glorious.

4 Likes

It wasn’t at all what I expected, but I do like the meta nature of it.

Congratulations on finishing the series, OC

1 Like

Well, he wasn’t meant to exist, I guess…

1 Like

That…ow that hits harder, remorse and being abandoned to god knows where. It hurts, at least his suffering is over but that’s something I didn’t expect.

1 Like