Lil' Champ's (Disappointing and Dissatisfying) Finale (OtherCoraline)

Previous

195 Likes

You may think it’s unrealistic that Bryant would forget Lil Champ.

But that’s literally what I did. Life happened and I forgot I left this story hanging.

So here’s your conclusion written (in part) by real-life events. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ps. Also, what’s more sadbox than the daddeh who nursed you back to health never really loving in you in the first place? Happy (and looking for a reason) to replace you with a fluffy that is specially trained to not act like a fluffy! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

62 Likes

That’s … Really not the ending I expected. I’m still pretty sad, but this isn’t the melodramatic sadbox I’m used to. This is just so very, very bleak. Not just the neglectful death itself, but because he was so insecure and desperate for love. Dying like that is basically his worst fears come to life.

41 Likes

Damn that stung :broken_heart:
but at least little champ’s suffering is over

19 Likes

Wasn’t expecting an ending like this tbh. Then again, I like it.

Is a good sadbox for my tastes

11 Likes

It’s an unfortunate end, but one befitting his tragic existence.

Art imitates life in this instance

18 Likes

I thought @Mexi was involved with this at first because I swear this looks 3D rendered on my phone. Really cool.

3 Likes

If the ending hurts I enjoy it.

6 Likes

Indeed
OtherCoraline’s way of drawing fluffies is super neat

6 Likes

I had a long drawn out story where Lil Champ would get continually abused and his daddeh would mourn his death when he returned. But I realized that at the pace I was creating stuff, it would take me like a year to wrap up the story. And I kinda wanna go back to the one-shots I’ve been doing.

And one day I realized, what could be a sadder end then being literally forgotten in a box in some closet, to slowly waste away, with your last interaction with someone being something you truly regret (Lil Champ trash talking his daddeh). Like, I could draw the story out, but I don’t think it would’ve necessarily been more sad or poignant.

Plus the anti-climatic finish after the real-life time gap I thought was fitting for some reason. Probably cuz it’s been almost 1 year since Cyberpunk 2077 and there was no sadder end to that game after being hyped up for years and delayed three times. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 Likes
4 Likes

You suffer something common of those who draw with mouse:

The pacing. Is extremely difficult drawing middle-long plots because it takes too long making something that doesn’t look rushed and becomes a pain in the ass taking hours just to keep the pace

4 Likes

It’s like im hearing a heavy metal vocalist scream sing ‘DARKNESS’

xD

An interesting feel…

4 Likes

Sadbox? Nah, this is madbox. :rage:

Lil’ Champ deserved better, poor little guy. :disappointed_relieved:

(Sorry, super pet lover here who just got bad news twice in 3 days. 13.5 year old cat of mine just got diagnosed with pancreatitis and then her mother, 14 year old, got diagnosed with early stages of kidney failure today. :slightly_frowning_face: Thankfully, both were got early so changing to a special diet and weekly SQ fluids.

So the idea someone just willing to toss Lil’ Champ aside really hits my core.)

10 Likes

Shame he couldn’t get that dog

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that. I have a 6 year old Bombay that I love to death. So I can only imagine the pain of getting the news you got. I really am sorry and I hope you’re doing okay.

6 Likes

The owner
Fuckinglie

At least I heard this on my birthday to counteract all that fake ass ‘Happy birthday’ energy.

15 Likes

I love the end at the end of the day these pests are disposable toys that you get fond of them or they are not still objects … good objects that eat, fuck and shit every 20 seconds :sunglasses::ok_hand:

I already missed your art

5 Likes

This kind of fluffy suffering is good for the soul. It’s so much better when they know they’re worthless. I mean it’s bad enough just being a fluffy, but a one legged fluffy?

Great ending, very satisfying.

6 Likes

Yeah, we have five cats (14.5, 14, 13.5, 11, 4.5) and a 5 year old corgi…and we take care of two colonies (total of 16ish cat). Losing any of them hurts so I can definitely relate to the pain you felt losing yours.

2 Likes