Marty (by: Wolfram_Sparks)

She could’ve been luckier. Not reliable.

4 Likes

Agreed.

Have this to feel better.

16 Likes

Agreed. Yet the owner isn’t the one left castrated, with a pile of dead babies, and most likely condemed to die (relatively soon) without a human caretaker to keep him alive. So I’d def rather be a stupid human than a fluff :laughing:

8 Likes

World wide infestation of termites?

6 Likes

I’m having trouble parsing this. Autocorrect mangled part?

3 Likes

Am I the only one a little squicked that the fluffies are mourning the ability to create new babies more than the literal pile of dead babies in front of them?

Like I realize “babbehs fix ebryting”, but damn, Marty, if you can’t show a little reverence for your own dead offspring, you’re not gonna get any sympathy from me.

14 Likes

See, a metal fence would fix that too.

Maybe a sheet of metal between two planks, if you still want the wood aesthetic?

There’s gotta be some way to fluffy-proof a fence.

6 Likes

new → be

That is a weird autocorrect :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Okay yes the owner is an idiot and the mare is pretty creepy toting around her dead foals like that but can we agree that baby Marty hugging the owner’s hand is pretty adorable

7 Likes

Can’t say I am. Granted, since they’re high volume breeding prey animals I kind of see them getting over things faster in that regard. She does seem sad, though (maybe it’s just the artist’s style). Since she’s feral she might be more used to the idea, and is trying to comfort her Special friend with a cold reality-based perspective.

“We can make more.”

Then the knife gets twisted.

I do wonder how LONG they’ve been dead though. A few days? A few hours? That’s a bit weirder to me now that I think about it.

7 Likes

If its metal and painted to look like wood,if it doesnt have a well cemented foundation those shitrats would still dig underneath.

5 Likes

Yeah as if the mare can’t fine any nummies. Then when the foals die she still carried them and show it to Marty

Its not stillborn for one thing. Its more like malnurish. :cry:

3 Likes

Mumma could have been practical. Special huggies with lots of mares means lots of fluffies for lots of tasty meat.

3 Likes

Caring more about making babies than about the actual babies is one of the most fluffy things ever. Their childlike ignorance, the ideal always being more exciting than the reality (think of Christmas as a kid), the fact they are literally programmed to want to (and be capable of) have a ludicrous number of babies by hasbio.

It all makes sense (as opposed to hellgremlins) but it can make fluffies seem like heartless bastards when held up to human morality. There’s def a lot of dirty secrets hasbio would’ve kept locked up if fluffies went to market as intended and PETA didn’t happen.

8 Likes

Would you say it’s worth the effort?

Some barbed wire would probably work too, if you’re feeling mean.

3 Likes

Malnourished before or after birth though? I don’t know if the artist does the “immobile while pregnant gag” which would prevent getting food for the last week or two of pregnancy.

Honestly, I’m wondering if a possible explainable floor bringing them, alive or dead, was to try and get a home.

4 Likes

I think a lot of fluffies just see their babbehs as toys.

Not all of them. They can be genuinely caring parents.

But a lot of them aren’t.

5 Likes

True. But it seems very natural at the same time. Which is interesting in and of itself. It’s like part of them was unsanitized (ie, Disney-fied) from their roots.

2 Likes

It would but expect the smarty or any desperate fluffies would go :

"Screeeeee!!! Dummy huwty poinwy, am smawty wand! Am smawty wang screeeee!!! And end up dying and stinking the barb fence

4 Likes

I think this is another equally valid headcannon/explanation that explains why fluffies “love” babies so much without actually “caring about” their specific offspring (as opposed to making more or their owner buying them some).

Can make fluffies look like sociopaths when highlighted :sweat_smile:

6 Likes