Night of the Fluffy, Part 5: Pawkie (written by Resnoth)

Note: These next upcoming parts will form a small story arc as this series nears to an end.

This story arc is a fluffy parody to Night of the Living Dead, as this world is based on that, with a few characters as well.

The sky was overcast, but didn’t look like it was going to rain.

At least that’s what the news report said.

A lone car drives down the road, it twisting and turning, passing by fields and houses.

John was driving his car, with his fluffy Judith riding in the backseat, strapped to a fluffy seat similar to that used for small children.

Judith was an alicorn, with a beautiful white fur coat and a lavender colored tail and mane.

She was excited because today was the day that she was going to go play at the public park with all the other fluffies.

It was a bit far away from the city where they lived, but it had a beautiful scenery and fluffies always liked to play there, seemingly enjoying it.

John adjust his glasses, looking at his special passenger, as she happily looked at the open spaces and large amount of trees, which was a break for them since the only trees they saw were small ones on the sides of sidewalks outside certain buildings.

“So, are you excited to meet your friends at the park today?”

“Oh yesh, daddeh! Judid am su happy to see fwiends again! We’we gon’ pway aww day an’ hab dah bestest time!”

“I notice you love the open space and scenery. Do you like being out here in the open rather than in the city?”

“Yea! Judid wike dah countwy an’ gwassies mowe den dah cwowded an’ stinky city!”

“Well, would you prefer if we moved out here in the open, with the fresh air and the country, just outside of the city?”

Gasp! “Wiww 'ou?! Oh pwease say yes daddeh!”

John chuckles at her response.

"Maybe, maybe.

I’ll have to see if there’s a Fluffymart nearby to transfer, since out here is an hour drive.

And a decent house too.

One with all the room for you to play with.

And possible a new friend? Hm?

Would you like that?"

“Yayyy! Daddeh gon’ gib fwuffy nyu fwiend fo housie!”

"Well, I’ll only do it if you’ve been a good fluffy and if there’s a fluffymart nearby.

You have been a good fluffy, and I did hear from a close friend that, there is a local fluffymart around here somewhere.

If I can get transferred there, I’ll definitely move us out here."

“Yaaaayyy!”

John smiled and chuckled some more, seeing her excited little legs move in the air at his response.

"Hey, let’s not get too excited back there.

You don’t want to get tired too quickly when we get there.

Here’s an idea, let’s play I Spy too calm us down and keep us entertained, okay?

I’ll start: I spy with my little eye…something in the air!"

The fluffy stops moving and looks into the air, searching.

“Oh! Biwdie!”

“Very good, Judith! A birdie! Alright, you start off next one”

The fluffy looked out the window, searching for something.

“Judid spy wid am widdwe eye…someding in da gwassies!”

“Um…is it a squirrel?”

“Hehe, nowpe!”

“A rabbit!”

“Nowpe!”

“A deer!”

“Hehe, siwwy daddeh!”

“Well, what is it then? A dog?”

“Nowpe! Fwuffies and hoomans!”

“What?”

“Yesh! Dewe awe fwuffies an’ hoomans in da gwassies!”

John looks out the window, and does see a herd of fluffies and some people in one of the fields they were passing by.

He thought it was odd to see fluffies and people out here, in the middle of nowhere, in an empty field.

He shrugged off this thought when they were approaching the park.

“Okay, are you ready for park playtime?”

“Oh, yesh yeah yesh!”

“Okaay…here we cooome.”

The car drives closer and closer, pulls into the little parking lot, parks, and stops.

“We’re here!”

Gasp! “Yaaaayyy!!!”

“Now hold on. I’ll go unbuckle you and put the security vest on you.”

“Aw, daddeh!”

"Come on, Judith, we’ve done this before.

The security vest has a place where I can attach a leash on, and it has my information in case you get lost and someone finds you.

“Hmph!”

“Now don’t look so grumpy. Everything is going to be fine. You’ll still play with the other fluffies in the grassies.”

“Hmm…okeh…”

“That’s the spirit!”

John turns the car off, opens the door, walks out, closes it, then walks around the car to Judith’s side.

He opens the door for her and unbuckle her seatbelts in her chair, then takes out her vest.

"Now look, it’s a very soft and comfortable vest.

It’s pink, and has pretty designs on it.

It even has a pretty alicorn on the side, just like you."

He pets the fluffy as she smiles, then wraps and puts the safety vest on her, attaching the leash, then carrying her, setting her down gently on the ground and looks around.

“Daddeh, Judid no see odah fwuffies hewe. Whewe ebwebodie go?”

John adjusts his gloves, then his glasses, and looks around to see no one around.

No fluffy owner or fluffies anywhere.

"I don’t know…this place usually has someone around…don’t worry about it.

Someone’s bound to come over here and a fluffy with them to play with.

Looks like we’re going to have to wait".

Both John and Judith walk into the park, looking around, holding her leash.

"Why don’t you go play in the grassies?

Maybe there will be a butterfly or something to keep you entertained.

I thought for sure people and other fluffies would be here…"

John let’s her go as she runs off and heads to the grass, rolling and jumping in it, while he himself sits down on a wooden bench with metal framing, watching her play.

Thunder rumbles in the distance.

John sees something in the corner of his eye and sees a tall, lanky man, with gray hair, walking around at a distance from them.

He tries waving at them, but he continues walking around, seemingly not noticing him.

While John has his attention somewhere else, Judith is rolling around in the soft grass until she sees something.

She stops and sees a fluffy pony, with a gray coat and light gray, almost white mane, wandering around.

The fluffy pony then starts to slowly approach her.

Judith looks and the fluffy, and curiously approaches it.

“Hewwo, nyu fwiend? Wanna pay in da gwassies?”

The gray fluffy doesn’t respond and continues approaching her.

John overheard Judith and shifts his attention back to her, a bit relieved that there’s a fluffy around to play with her.

The fluffy continues walking towards her, until it gets close enough and lunges at her, aggressively pressing its hooves on her, fighting with her.

“Scree! Nuu! Nu hwet fwuffy! Daddeh! Hewp!”

John quicky gets up from the bench, and runs up to them, trying to pull the gray fluffy away from Judith.

Luckily, it was only biting the thick safety vest and not Judith, but it had a firm grip on the vest.

John was struggling to pull her free from this attacker, but he finally did, now struggling with the gray fluffy, grabbing it by the scruff of its back.

The gray fluffy was now trying to fight him, biting at, and hitting him with its hooves, knocking his glasses off.

He did not want to hurt the fluffy, since he did not believe in violence against fluffies, but had to think about Judith’s safety.

He then threw the fluffy away from them, watching the fluffy fly in the air, and hit the ground harshly.

Normally, a fluffy would be critically injured from this and would writhe around the ground in pain, but this fluffy didn’t respond.

It just stayed silent, then got up like it was nothing.

The tall man from earlier approaches the fluffy, crouches down to pick up the fluffy, then looks back at Judith and John.

He did not seem angry or visually upset at them.

Instead, he and his fluffy just looked at them with a blank, lifeless stare, both having dark circles around their eyes, with their mouths slightly open at them as thunder rumbles in the distance.

John is now slightly frightened by this, picking up Judith with his left hand, retrieved and put on his glasses with his right, and runs through the park, over to their car.

The man gets up, carrying his fluffy, and pursues them, almost running, but he moved awkwardly, like he had a weird limp.

John opens the back seat for Judith and puts her in the seat, not even bothering to remove her safety vest or buckling her in.

He closes her door, then quickly makes it over to his side, opening the door and getting in, locking the doors.

The man and his gray fluffy quickly stagger to their car, and start aggressively hitting it, with the man pounding on the windows and the fluffy ink his arms hitting it with its hooves.

John puts the keys in, and tries to start the car, but it fails.

The man and his fluffy continue pounding on the passenger windows until he turns around, grabbing a large, and starts hitting the windows with it.

Eventually, John tries again, starting the car, but the rock cracks and breaks through the window, tumbling through as the man reaches in, knocking the broken glass over and grasps at John, while Judith is screaming and freaking out at the scene.

John puts the car into drive, and presses on the gas pedal, speeding out of there, with the man holding his fluffy following them.

John drives away from there, looking back at Judith.

“Are you okay?! Did that fluffy hurt you?!”

sniff “No daddeh.”

“Good. That’s good.”

John looks put the window and sees another herd of fluffies and group of people in another field, now definitely suspicious of it.

“What is going on here…?”

John looks away, from the windows and sees them moving away from the road, heading towards a tree.

“Oh shit!”

He quickly swerves the car away from the tree, into a property, hitting on a few rocks, smaller trees and bushes.

He tries to control his car, as it continues to swerve, then crashes it into another tree, knocking his glasses off again and headbutts John into the steering wheel.

John stays there for a moment, but he’s up, groaning from the pain. Then he remembers than Judith didn’t have her seatbelt on.

“Oh no! Judith, are you okay?!”

“Huu…Judid huwties…”

He quickly turns off the car and rushes to Judith’s door, opening it and gently picking her up.

She looked to have a right eye bruised, and her right front leg curled up in pain, but nothing too serious.

He puts her into the safety of his left arm and looks around.

About far away down the road, he sees in the distance the man from earlier still moving towards their general direction.

John looks around and sees a farmhouse in the property they crashed in.

He runs towards it, knocking on the door frantically.

“Help! Is someone there?! My fluffy is injured, and there’s someone after us! Anybody?!”

John gets no response, and looks back, seeing the man getting closer on the road in the distance, approaching the tree they swirved around.

John thinks to himself “Screw it”, opens the door to the house, sets Judith gently on the couch, then rushes back to the door, locking it.

For now, he thought, they were safe.

Next Issue

5 Likes