No Good Deed... (OtherCoraline)

229 Likes

You try and do something nice for these little shits and it just bites you in the ass :triumph:

59 Likes

All he had to do was smile and nod along. Instead he just bitches and moans about “weggies”.

Look where it got you kid, thrown out for being too depressing for a Fluffy, literally the most happily ignorant creature on the planet

43 Likes

poor potato, daddeh should have taken some time to get them to know one another and such.

15 Likes

typical of these fluffy whiners, they give them a chance and in return you get their poop of existence.

I imagine the owner saying ¨thank you for making me waste 99 cents on you ungrateful¨

16 Likes

Every time

4 Likes

I’ve seen that happen. Have a pet, try getting them a friend, doesn’t work out, the new friend has to go as a result. My family was lucky in that the cat they adopted was being picked on by the existing cats so they asked if I could adopt him. I did, and he’s been my snuggle buddy ever since.

Getting a “nyu friend” with disabilities though… geez, not the sharpest person there… BUT, was smart enough to put a diaper on it so still smarter than average.

Good work @OtherCoraline. That next to last panel was perfect, but the last panel was a twisting of the knife.

6 Likes

Should have just gone fishing

14 Likes

Look at that fat little bastard, you could get a big ol catch with him

7 Likes

It’s more the universe than anything else.
In some, pillows can live happy, almost normal lives.
In others, they sadly just can’t cope.

Wonderful work btw Other Coraline, despite my broken feels :broken_heart:

7 Likes

Yep.

@Booperino: I appreciate that @OtherCoraline does call into question a lot of hugbox things, showing how things can go wrong, how much work it actually is, problems that can arise, etc. I think its a necessary critique/reality check, and is a good centering on these things.

I mean, let’s be honest: how much gets hand-waved in regards to fluffies? Both for abuse or huggy purposes? Somehow the person always has/gets what they need to do X. Time, money, things, whatever.

Also, much like cats and dogs, how much is done/not done because of the owner rather than the pet’s best interests? Same here, and same with hugbox. Sometimes the most merciful thing would be putting the fluff to sleep. Its sad, it feels bad/horrible, but at the same time?

I say that as someone whose family put off putting a very old cat to sleep (26 years!), and when she did die? It was because she didn’t move when a car was leaving. It ended up being worse for everyone involved as a result. Cheap hugbox is human centric. “Real” hugbox (much like animal welfare) should centered around a fluffy’s long-term well being. If its not a win/win between the fluffy and the human, then its not a good match for hugbox IMO.

12 Likes

This comic brings me much joy

18 Likes

Ohhh the sweet pleading, despairing look! I love it!

2 Likes

How do you manage to hit always where it hurts more?

What kind of munstah are you?

1 Like

Meh? THE Meh or is it a coincidence?

3 Likes

I know what will give that little fluffy a shit eating grin…

@Dickbutt99

Seriously! The real victim here is the fisherman who this hugboxer deprived of some premium live bait!

@Chikahiro
Dam, spitting out facts and nuance here. I love your takes so much, because my approach is usually just “what’s the best way to twist the knife after it enters?” and then you take my comics and turn them into some profound ruminations about the fluffy meta and real world issues. When I just wanna see this little idiots suffer :joy: :hugs:

Says the Ultra Contributor with Larur’s de-facto “impeding bad enfies” face as their profile pic :joy:

7 Likes

lol! Well, I’m still a fan. Perhaps a delusional one (or self-centered using your work like a rorshach test) but a fan none the less :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ungrateful little creature.

Oh well, they had a few more hours of life.

3 Likes

Is that THE Meh?