Not Your Bestest, Pages 1 - 3 (TG_89)

So it turns out, I’m really stupid.

All this time, I’ve worked on comics at the same size I post them at, and I’ve always wondered how people fit so much detail into their art. Well it turns out, you can just…work at a bigger size.

I never made this logical jump until I saw someone offhandedly mention it. This happened about halfway through page 2, so if you’re wondering why the first page is, shall we say, lesser, there’s your answer.

(shoutout to @FluffyChimera and Raising Rainbow, which I liberally referenced for the chirpies)

// You can skip everything below here if you’re not interested

Figured I’d give uploading a story in parts a try - usually I try to finish something entirely before I post it, which always ends in severe burnout by about page 4, and a burning desire to finish quickly rather than enjoy working on it. We’ll see if this approach is any better.

I apologise, but I can’t really commit to any sort of schedule for this. Sometimes I’m busy, sometimes I want to work on other stuff. Sometimes I anticipate a page will take me a few hours and I end up stuck on a single panel for days trying to figure stuff out.

tl;dr i’m lazy and stuff

as always, feedback and/or critique is both welcomed and invited

139 Likes

oh this looks lovely! i cant wait to see more. please work at your own pace though, don’t burn yourself out.

13 Likes

primary colored babies gasp

1 Like

minus the green one.

me when some motherfucker asks if i work here

24 Likes

brilliant! its crisp and clean. and you know im a sucker for a close-up perspective!

7 Likes

I love Chimera’s grotesque, bulging eyelids so it’s great to see that feature rubbing off on other artists.

6 Likes

Thus the bitch mare and her bestest will be put through true hell

2 Likes

You have one rule to look after all babies.

Mum is not looking after all babies.

Mum now gets no babies.

10 Likes

These chirpies look adorably punchable! You really took the inspiration from their horrible little gummy mouths and baby bird eyes and ran with it!!!

All of this looks amazing :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Wow, TG, this really pops!

Well, Lilac, maybe he wouldn’t look so ugly if he wasn’t being crushed under the weight of a gigantic friggin’ shit log!

7 Likes

Somebody needs to be milkbagged!

3 Likes

If you won’t properly care for all of these little fluffbeans, then I’ll just give them to another mare who will. And you can just sit there and watch, helpless, as they grow up happy and healthy under her care, never knowing or caring that you even exist.

5 Likes

@FluffyChimera glad to hear it, and always looking forward to more of your stuff so I can steal more good ideas!

@The_Other_Conagher Flattered, thanks :slightly_smiling_face: think I’m finally hitting my stride with comic style stuff, appreciate the feedback

@7svendye without giving it all away, certain characters might not fall exactly into the archetypes you’re used to

4 Likes

The yellow two-toned baby would probably sell for a nice bit of bucks if it able to be well-trained.

I’m kinda expecting a twist at the end of all this.

4 Likes

I upload most of my work in parts to avoid burnout, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. You go at your pace.

Regardless, this is some really clean looking work and I can’t wait to see more of it and where this is going.

5 Likes

Gonna kidnap that yellow purple unicorn, be careful mummah :ahahaha:

1 Like

I second this on both points. I look forward to how this story progresses and don’t strain yourself.

2 Likes

keep it up

Rip out the mummah’s eyes. She can’t judge her foals on their colors if she can’t see what color they are.

1 Like