Noticed a pleasant trend

Over the past week or so I’ve noticed a lot of artists and writers really stepping out of their normal material/boxes, even beyond what you would expect from the Flufftober prompts.

I just wanted to say that it has been amazing as much as it has been surprising. I can’t wait to see what else is in store and who else steps out of their comfort zones.

21 Likes

I dont have a comfort zone yet to be honest
I’m still figuring these buggers out so i swing wildly between abuse and hugbox.

3 Likes

You may not notice it from the inside looking out but everyone has their comfort zones or tendencies. Some are more prominent than others, of course.

1 Like

I am stil probing mine.
I do know i swing wildly between two extremes.

2 Likes

i think the most unconfortable i got was with the “best served cold” storyline for the fixer ^^’ altho lately i have been drifting in a more neutralbox with hugbox-ending compared to my purelly hugbox/weirdbox from before

4 Likes

I know for me its a matter of I had an idea that required me to go “This Old Mill” the way it did (and will continue for a while). Looking at @anon68543914 and @Stwumpo I want to write things with a little more meaning than just interpersonal drama or feel goods. Granted, I don’t think this will be that story, but in time I will.

I’ve only done a very cursory looking into puppy mills plus fluffy mills.

So… hrm… its a means to an end.

4 Likes

Any exploration outside of one’s norm is growth. What one does with it after that point decides how much growth is possible.

3 Likes

We always grow as artists it might be hard to notice.
But there is always an upswing in abilities and output.

2 Likes

Not always, sadly. I’ve seen plenty of people in my life content with what they do, unwilling to admit how unchanging and repetitive they’ve become.

1 Like

I meant more through just being artistically active.
Ive only been drawing fluffies for a month and half and the first pic of Rambo and his last pic are noticeably different, despite him in the same pose.
We evolve even if we want to stay static.

3 Likes

We probably should have a similar event be a regular thing. Perhaps not a daily theme since that can be hard on us writers, but maybe a weekly thing, divided into four categories of Hugbox, Abuse, Sadbox, and Weirdbox. Each one can get a theme target, so for Hugbox the theme could be something like ‘The Least Likely Thing’, Abuse could be ‘Fluffy Darwin Awards’, Sadbox would be ‘Birth Defects’ and Weirdbox might be ‘Literature Fluffs’.

This sort of brief tour of what could be argued as the four major branches of fluffery might be a great way to get some experience outside of one’s comfort zone as well as producing that sweet, sweet, juicy content for the site.

3 Likes

I have noticed that as well. Glad to see the scene thriving.

2 Likes

I noticed that my hugbox is getting more and more revoltingly cute.

2 Likes

A while I ago I did a “Bizzaro World Challenge” after @Carniviousduck did a week of Hugbox. There were a few entries and it might be a good thing to repeat.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed, but you’re right about people having comfort zones and thing they fall back on.

1 Like