Ode to Bestest Babbeh [ by Milky ]

You are a bestest babbeh, your mummah says so every day. You don’t know what it means, and you try to ask her but all you can manage is a few cheeps. Your fur is a pretty yellow, nearly white with how pastel it is. Your tail is a gentle pink, and your mane would be as well if it had grown in yet. You can’t see these things, but your mummah sings to you every day about how pretty you are, so you have to believe her.

You and your family live in a boxie housie in a cold alleyway. You always get the bestest, warmest spot when you sleep— right in the middle of your mummah’s back. Your brothers and sisters sleep on the bottom of the boxie housie next to your mummah. They aren’t allowed to sleep with you, or else they’d steal all your warmsies. That’s what your mummah says. You can hear them crying out for love and warmth, but they’re all but ignored. You don’t mind, the thought of losing your warmsies is enough to keep you from asking for their company— not that you can manage sentences yet anyways. There’s an even quieter sobbing that you can hear sometimes from atop your fluffy throne, though it’s only audible during sleepy time. You assume it’s another sibling, but they’re definitely not sleeping next to your mummah— they’re too quiet for that.

You’re laying at your mummah’s teat, drinking away the delicious and creamy miwkies that you always get. You try to ignore the cries around you, your mummah had told you it was just your siblings trying to steal all the milk so you can’t have any. How mean! Why would they do such a thing? Don’t they know you’re so so hungry?

You’re suckling away when you hear a new sound— a voice. It’s a lady voice, but it’s definitely not your mummah. No, your mummah’s voice is the one asking the “nice wady” to be her “nyu mummah”. What did that mean? You don’t know, you’re far too focused on your meal. There’s more conversations going on, but you can’t be bothered to catch up. Instead, you continue devouring your breakfast, making sure to eat until you can’t take another drop— your mummah says you have to drink lots so you can grow big and strong. Your tiny wings flutter happily at the idea.

Then, you feel something wrap around your chubby little tummy, and you’re pulled away from your mummah. You immediately begin to cry out, the loss of your meal and mother terrifying you especially since you can’t see yet.

You’re brought closer to gentle voice and further from your mummah’s cries of “gib bestest babbeh back!” What does she mean? Where are you going? The crying gets louder— your mummah is begging for her bestest babbeh and then screaming something about “no huwties”. Your siblings are crying now too, though most seem to end abruptly with a “ghk!!!” and then it’s silent.

It’s then you feel a warm air on your little face as the nice lady brings you up. Your seey places twitch at the feeling and you slowly open them for the first time. Bright teal eyes gleam at the face in front of you, taking in the pretty nice lady’s expression.

“Cheep!! Peep— mummah?”

You speak for the first time, unsure of who this person is— was it your mummah? It had to be, right? Why else would she be the first thing you’ve ever seen. Your wings flutter and your tail wags as the woman gives you a soft nod.

“Yes, I’m your mummah,” she coos, pressing her nose to your snout. You give a small cheep at the feeling before sticking your tiny front legs out “hehe!! Wuv mummah!!!” you chirp softly.

Your mummah wraps you in a soft piece of cloth and holds you close as she leaves the alley. “Let’s get you home— you’ll have lots of yummy food, warm blankets and a bunch of toys!” she chimes, and you can’t help but peep in reply.

You don’t notice the carnage behind you as it grows further away— your previous family a mess of blood, piss and shit. You’re unaware that your real mummah was brutally murdered for you and that you’re now being stolen away by a stranger. You don’t know your siblings were mercilessly crushed beneath a red stiletto for simply existing.

No, all you know is that this mummah loves you and is taking you somewhere warm and full of nummies. After all, you are the Bestest Babbeh.

————————————————————

Link to Milky’s Story Archives

65 Likes

Neat concept, seeing things from the “bestest’s” point of view. It helps me imagine how they could sort of be turned into brats against their will from that sort of treatment. A few questions, though,

What was the night crying? I assume a poopy baby being starved?

Why all the carnage? She probably could have just taken it and left. Edit: or even taken the mare for feeding purposes. Or even breeding, if she wanted more foals like that one.

17 Likes

Worst mare :triumph: giving none of her foals only to her bestesh, karma hit hard with a :high_heel: maybe on her head, just feel sad for the two foals :sweat:

8 Likes

Yeah, I thought it’d be fun to write from their point of view.

The night crying was indeed a Poopie babbeh, further away because the poop pile isn’t inside the box.

As for the carnage, I dunno. Maybe the human though the mother was annoying and her siblings were ugly, maybe she just likes to abuse fluffies.

I just liked the idea of the bestest babbeh not being able to be persuaded or confused by the mother or siblings once they opened their eyes. If the mother was still alive she’d be begging for your foal and I dunno maybe the human thought of that and figured it’d be easier just to be the only voice for the bestest to latch on to.

17 Likes

Yeah :disappointed:. Sometimes that’s how life be for a fluffy.

4 Likes

Some people will do drastic things for a fluffyshy

7 Likes

HSBSBS THAT IS A FLUFFYSHY literally did not even notice I did that dndnd I was thinking about pink lemonade haha

9 Likes

wow really? I thought it was on purpose when you mentioned the light yellow body with wings and pink hair. And the teal eyes really cemented it. She’s got good colors for sure.

5 Likes

RLLY LOL subconscious fluffyshy

7 Likes

Did the poopie one survive? From how the ending is it wont as well?

Just hated that mare tellin her bestesh the two siblings stealin her milky , what a sick mare she is :triumph:

4 Likes

WTF even is pink lemonade?

1 Like

Strawberry flavored lemonade I think

2 Likes

UhhhhHHHH i mean probably survived the carnage cuz it was by the poops but like… it prob won’t last long in its own.

And yeah, very bad mummah….

2 Likes

I know, urban survival is harsh :sweat:

2 Likes

Did she spared the poopeh? If not she’s a total bitch if so poor poopeh. Side note I hope the bestest bastard gets dropped on the head. Also loved the short read. I may hate them but it is interesting to see how the bestest get that way.

2 Likes

The Poopie was most likely spared due to not being really in sight, but I doubt it’ll survive long on its own.

And the fate of the bestest is a mystery cuz I probably won’t add anything to this !! It’s up to your imagination :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She also has wings, too. If the bestest babbeh is a she and not a colt with ‘girly’ colors.

2 Likes

I’m starting this series but I can’t tell which one is the first because there are 2 stories with the same title before part 2 and part 3. Are there 2 part 1’s?

1 Like

Beestest babbeh 1 2 and 3 are first, bestest mummah is the next installment. I’ll try and organize it when I get home from work to make it easier!

2 Likes