ok who wants to discuss fluffies on the site dedicated to discussing fluffies. specifically fluffy games i guess.

finally managed to reset my password and im Back, Baby! has anyone ever pointed out the fact that this site literally takes around 18 hours to send an email? no big deal for me in fact i think its kinda funny but its worth mentioning… i guess

anyway i also return because i was considering making a fluffy game and before i could stop myself i entered the Bad Idea Avatar State and when i snapped out of my blender-centered hyperfocus i had already made a slightly-under-half-finished 3d fluffy model. so its like Well shit ive already got this shitty half finished fluffy model, sure would be a shame to waste it. probably.

not showing it off yet because its not done and instead of finishing it and maybe posting some art im just gonna get myself potentially permanently muted by posting a nice half off topic ramble before maaaaybe succumbing to the Fluffy Game Curse before ive even started, ideally setting a new record.

But I Digress… returning user ramble aside, what’s everyones general purpose thoughts on a 3d fluffy game? not really anything specific, just if you have any thoughts (ANY thoughts) feel free to drop a comment for me to read with my big sparkly anime eyes pressed on my monitor like a photo scanner.

currently my inspiration is … every other fluffy rancher game thats ever been suggested.
fluffies that act like fluffies and have needs like fluffies and can make more fluffies like fluffies… you get the idea, i think.

sorta angling at ‘the twine fluffy breeder game but its 3d so you can’t batch move stuff and have to move everything by hand like a scrub, with the tradeoff you get to visually hold and carry a fluffy like a sack of potatos’, but this is subject to change because i am terribly influenced by people giving me ANY kind of feedback. i eat comments like a 2013 gamer eats doritos.

anyway i guess ill leave it off here, if you read this then one billion thank yous to you. hopefully it was at least entertaining lmao

8 Likes

Hmm… I like it.

Maybe a neurosurgery mode?

1 Like

time to add another never finished fluffy breeder game to the pile . also why is everyone obsessed whit making a fluffy breeder game

4 Likes

Hm. Oddly enough, Mcgee does make a good point.

There already is a 3d fluffy rancher game in development, if I recall correctly.

How about a “feral herd management” one then?

Like, the PC could be a smarty going around a small glade, interacting with other herdmembers before having to give out tasks for both the day and night, a la “This War of Mine” so to speak.

2 Likes

ok gang i dont know how to do mass replies so im just gonna tag everyone instead. sorry </3

@TiredSloth i really like how the first comment immediately goes right into scope creep hell. ill put it on the list just because of that

@ripoffMcgee THATS THE SPIRIT, BABY!!! THEY DONT CALL IT THE FLUFFY GAME CURSE FOR NOTHING

@A-S i know of FluffGen but i thought it hadnt been updated in like a year?
actually i did wanna do a like… play as a fluffy game but i think thats just sliiightly too big of a scope for me
ideally i could make that maybe after this game, once ive gotten the experience and all that, because it sounds fun as hell ngl

2 Likes

I’m imagining a combination of lemmings and pikmin, so you’re a smarty and have to do your damndest to keep your herd together and make sure nobody wanders off into the nearest river and dies. Lower intelligence fluffies wander off more frequently, high intelligence ones can be told to watch over specific fluffies to ensure they don’t leave. (Low intelligence ones can do this too but that just means both of them wander off. An easy way to code it would be “bonding” two fluffies and the wander-off stat is based on the smarter one’s intelligence stat)

4 Likes

If taking it seriously as a game to make and sell, I imagine it would split three ways.

Breeder mode, where you run a mill and balance time and difficulty vs rewards, meaning you need a system where profit means something by perpetuating a loop of upgrading facilities and tools so you can do more, to afford more things that let you do more, with achievements and nontool rewards to mitigate the “why am I doing this again?” feel. Stardew Valley comes to mind, except you have to work against factors like how easy they die or kill each other, and how stress reduces their profitability so you need to find that sweet spot of acceptable cruelty: an ectogenic tank would be insanely expensive but gets you straight to birth and you only need egg/sperm donors which can literally consist of surgically removed ovaries and testes, so welfare means ansolutely nothing and you can literally sell them straight out of the tank as adults which puts 100% of the rearing on them, like a super premium Foal-In-A-Can. Or letting them loose in a field designed to weed out the weak and stupid, making a breed of better ones that can survive extensive Abuse or just be less terrible pets. Mass production vs quality product, with upgrades letting you pursue your choice easier. Concern, or possibly perk, of Ferals bringing random bloodline traits or kidnapping some in outdoor enclosures. Sell them pretty with all personalities for a slot machine effect on profit with eugenics to press your finger on the scale, or take effort to make ones who are amiable or interesting ones which has a delay on profit and can boost undesirable ones.

For the Hugbox route, just having the “hard mode” of just caring for them. Hell, maybe intentionally keeping some Hellgremlins and keeping them satisfied, or allowing in Ferals to Abuse them/be Abused by them.

Finally, raw Abuse. Plenty of ways to torment. Systems of causing different kinds of targeted damage, and how they attempt to continue to survive. You could poke out an eye, remove legs, and still profit. Designate one for Abuse by others by weakening their ankles, but leave their teeth. Keep the worthless ones as pets, let them loose in the wild and change the Feral population traits, or leave fences made from rotting bodies all around the enclosure.

When generating them have “never evil” and “always evil” as rare traits you can breed into a bloodline, then for the rest use it as a percentage chance on behavior with a starting point based on genes and pushing towards increasing or lowering it based on their life experiences, a second meter indicating violence vs brattiness.

I’d ignore concepts like tax/human expenses, saying you have investments to cover your needs and all your luxuries need to stem from the Fluffies which cost money to care for. To enable Hugbox or “just my pets” routes there would be an element of foraging or gardening. In the latter you could upgrade it to protect from Ferals, even be automated. Or a cheap machine that spits out nutritious slime they hate and produces lower quality ones so you can disregard the system entirely once you start to profit. While foraging they are more likely to hurt themselves at home, but you can encounter Ferals which prevents a loop of them dying and you having no money to get more.

Maybe let you choose who to sell to. Abuse needs bulk but has particular requests, stores want unique coats but standardized bodies, the general market may not sell but unique things may go for a lot, food requires other properties like cleanliness and fat+muscle tone, and so on. A restaraunt may suddenly pay a lot for three Foals of a particular type, an Abuser may suddenly request an innocent sterile female or putting a brown worthless Fluffy up for market may get a sudden huge purchase from a rich kid who saw it looked like a video game character you had no knowledge of. Maybe one has heterochromia, another week yellow is worthless due to a random terrorist event in Canada being associated.

Again, Stardew as a model. Achievements are general, you can choose how to pursue them and the game gives workarounds if you dislike something. There’s plenty of distractions.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’ve had a big Chao Garden-shaped hole in my heart for a long time, and a fluffy breeder game, if done right, would fill it perfectly.

Don’t tell me that you don’t see the similarities. Chao are basically the precursor to fluffies! Chao abuse was a thing too!

1 Like

Suggestion, start small. I know someone who can help you.

2 Likes

@SqueakyFriend kinda reminds me of that 2d herder game someone made in godot tbh… i like it

@Thk i think basically all of this is clean out of my league but i am jotting it down in my documents for later

@NobodyAtAll oh my god fluffy chao garden. idk if what ive documented currently fits the bill but oh my GOD someone needs to make that. holy SHIT

@KovacsAmbrozia well thats kinda ominous! im in! whos your guy?

im currently writing a nice NotePad .txt with everything in it, i really appreciate the ideas everyone thank you :]

Many people had great ideas, i’d like to add a different POV tho: if you can make a game to run at 30fps on my potato laptop, i’ll play anything. I am extremely content with anything that i can actually play

1 Like

That is a lot of detail and ideas!

I will say though, “game to sell” and “really detailed animal abuse simulator” aren’t going to work together. Games that have too much violent content get in hot water as-is, so something that lets you mutilate animal-like creatures as a main mechanic? It would either have to be limited to this site, or be banned faster than you can say “wait you mean this isn’t allowed?”

3 Likes

The abuse doesn’t have to be a main selling point, like something you’d put on the back cover.

I mean, Sega probably wasn’t intending for you to spin dash the shit out of your Chao, but they still gave you the option, and it didn’t start a controversy.

If you’re willing to make some concessions regarding the amount of blood and gore, you could probably get away with it.

Like, for pillowing fluffies, you could probably just do an animation of the fluffy on a conveyor belt going into a Pillow-Matic, and coming out the other side legless.

1 Like

A nice domestic fluff game might actually be worth a try, radical I know.
Something along the lines of “build a fluff”, over several generations, even. Start out with various origins, train them, handle random “faults”, keep them from suicide by saferoom, surgically modify them, breed them ( or have them bred by random ferals ), sell the spawn, or start over again.
So, flufffarmiming, but on a smaller scale. Possibly with fluff beauty pageants. Or starting your own torture cellar.

Well, there’s the Patreon model that questionable games like Training Space Station, a game about a robot kidnapping people and turning them into sex slaves with brainwashing while fighting competitors like desert slavers and alien hiveminds, uses.

Summary

Even on Steam you have games where you play as a terrorist spree killer gunning down civilians, parody sex games, a game where you are a small child in a public shower staying close to your dad, Succubus and Agony where you kill children, Sex With The Devil where your reward for making it through mazes is violently raping torture victims before eventually the devil tortures you viscerally and sexually. A game about anime children killing each other with a nude patch available.

Honestly, as long as you frame it as a parody of My Little Pony and various ranching/pet simulators you would have to do a lot to be very controversial. Maybe only imply the Abuse in the trailer, between Hugbox and “man these things are stupid, cruel, and helpless” moments to merely show it as an option and not the only point.

2 Likes

Nintenfluffs?

1 Like

For AAA titles its usually only the issue of releasing in Australia and Germany.

That’s why you can’t kill kids or take drugs with real world names in Elder Scrolls or Fallout games.

Dead Space 1 and 2 let you fight babies though.

1 Like

I ,think so?
Could be nice to harness all the energy people seem to have for adopting & collecting each others little abominations, surprised breeding dynasties together has not become a thing yet.

To be fair, they’re not exactly human anymore, are they? Germany doesn’t seem to have a problem with violence if it isn’t human violence. Look at the whole Contra/Probotector thing.

Worst case scenario, you make the fluffies robots in the German version. Problem solved!

2 Likes

Not to mention avoiding swastikas.
A challenge, of course.

1 Like