Old Habits Die Hard Pt. 1 (By: RoseTea)

Hello! This is my first time writing a story for fluffies. I’m still fairly new to the whole fandom, so forgive me if I get some anatomy wrong or fluffy actions are inaccurate.

Hope you guys like the story and pictures too! My art style changes rapidly, so prepare for that lol. BTW, I’ll be uh… using myself in the story I guess, least my useername and my own fluffies will be tossed around in here.

I’m done blabbing, so enjoy the first part of my story! I’m already working on part 2 so woooooo.

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! Bleh

“Mummah, am it dinnah time yet?”

Asks a pink fluffy mare, trotting down a hallway, peeking her head around the corner to find her owner.

“Mummah? Am it dinnah time? Fwuffy’s tummy am gwowwin’.”

She finds her owner, crouched over a table and carefully moving some bits of plastic around. The mare steps closer.

“Mummah, what am 'ou doing?”

The mare hops up onto a stool, peeking over the table. She sees her owner carefully removing plastic strands from a foal.

“That new fwend? new babbeh fwend?”

The mare asks, her owner, looks over at her.

“Melon Sweet, I found this poor thing in our driveway. Like someone just dropped them off here. In a dog poo bag worst of all… If they wanted to give him up, they could have just told me…”

The owner looks back at the foal.

“Poor baby was hardly breathing when I found him…”

By now she gets the last bit of plastic off the foal, who’s sound asleep on a purple hand towel.

“At least they had enough mercy to give him up…”

The owner sighs and sits at a dining chair.

“Melon Sweet, dinner will be a little late tonight, I’ll make spaghetti to make up for it okay? I got to make sure this baby survives.”

The owner looks over at Melon now.

“… You aren’t producing milk anymore are you? Been too long since your last foals? Was hoping you could breastfeed the baby. Especially with how skinny he is.”

Melon looks down at her tits, then back shakes her head.

“Nu mowe miwkies tiww new babbehs come. Fwuffy can make mowe babbehs if ‘ou wan’ fwuffy to mummah.”

The owner smiles softly and pets Melons mane.

“Oh love, you don’t have to. I’ll just get him formula. Least he’s past the early chirping phase. So he’s got a better chance of survival tonight.”

Melon watches the foal for a moment, then rears up to put her hooves on the table, for a better view.

“Fwuffy’ww take cawe of dis babbeh! Easy! Wiww become dah pewfect babbeh in fwuffy’s cawe.”

The owner smiles again and leaves the table.

“I’ll get the formula ready, tell me if the baby wakes up alright my Sweet?”

45 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about anatomy too much. As long as you keep them fluffy, and have them speaking fluffspeak, you’re doing good. There’s a lot of different designs within the fandom.

6 Likes

I like the design. They don’t have to be fat and extremely fluffy. Just do your thing, very nice art.

6 Likes

Tbh I’ve kinda gone with mlp style until I can force myself to break the habit lol. Maybe these fluffies can be… I dunno… like how alpaca wool is? Still fluffy, but not excessively so?

I’m still working out the details ngl.

4 Likes

Whatever you like. Just get the image in your head if you’ve got an idea, work through various drawings maybe. I’m not good at drawing animals or people so I am probably not of any help. Just want to encourage ya. I like the short bit of story you have here too.

5 Likes

Who would abandon such a sweet looking foal? Poor thing.

Don’t worry about all the little details, you are already doing great and will easily pick up anything you’re unsure about. Plenty of us are happy to help if you ever have questions.

5 Likes

Have fun and enjoy :heart_eyes::heart:

5 Likes

Aww hope the foal survive.

And Melon be its new mummah :blush:

4 Likes

This. Very much this. Welcome to Fluffycommunity, @RoseTea

Ditto that!

6 Likes