Old Habits Die Hard Pt. 3 (By: RoseTea)

I gotta post fast before my keyboard dies on me again-

Hey! Guess who’s laptop is slowly dying by the day?

MINE, so sorry this is late, my last post will explain everything lol. Thus, this part only has one picture today :frowning: I’ll make up for it with 3 on the next part though. :slight_smile:

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! Bahhh

The owner finishes up dinner, and brings the spaghetti to the table.

“Melon… Where’s the others?”

Melon stops dead in her tracks, she completely forgot to get the rest.

“Oh deaw… Fwuffy fowgot aww about them.”

The owner huffs, then looks over at Marine.

“Have you seen them Marine?”

“I think they’re in the basement.”

The owner almost drops a bowl of mashed potatoes.

“Even Snowflake??? How?? He doesn’t have legs!”

Marine just shrugs, and hops up onto his stool. The owner just sets everything down and leaves the room.

“I’m fetching them, don’t you guys go eating before I get back.”

The owner quickly leaves and heads down a quiet basement, where her fluffies usually went to play and have some time away to themselves.

“Guys…? Dinner is ready. Where you at?”

The owner eventually finds them in a separate part of the basement, two pegasi, and a unicorn were currently drawing on some spare paper. The unicorn is asleep, a pillowed fluffy.

“Guys? C’mon it’s time to eat. We got a new baby too.”

The two pegasi drop their crayons, the unicorn, still undisturbed. The pegasi with red fur, a stallion, jumps to his feet, very eager.

“Fwuffy heawd wots of yewwin’ upstaiws. Fwuffy did fwuffy’s bestes’ to pwotect us down hewe. An’ distwacted ebewyone wiff cowowin’. Did fwuffy do gud mummah?”

The owner can’t help but give a supportive smile to him.

“You did very good Rocket, I’m very proud of you. You’re a very good protector. Now time to eat okay?”

At this point, the unicorn wakes up, his eyes weakly open to reveal their gorgeous icy blue color.

“Dinnah…?”

He asks sleepily. The owner takes a step closer.

“That’s right, we’re having spaghet-”

The owner is cut short by the two pegasi darting up the stairs, hearing them yell as they shove each other to reach the top first.

“Mobe!”
“Nu 'ou mobe!”
“Youw poopie pwace am in fwuffy’s face!”
“Den swow down!”
“Nu!”
“Am gon’ make fwuffy faww!”
“Den mobe!”

The unicorn struggles to catch them, but can’t really do much, being pillowed.

“Wait fo’ fwuffy! Fwuffy hab wittwe weggies!”

The owner picks him up and holds him carefully, as gentle as one would with a human infant.

“It’s okay snowflake, let’s get your legs put back on.”

She takes him to the wall, where a pair of prosthetic, mechanical legs lay.

“Did they take your legs off Snowflake? Why they all the way over here?”

Snowflake looks over at the legs.

“Mummah’s speshuw fwend wanted to ficks them.”

The owner jolts a little after hearing this.

“He’s not my bo- ugh… Whatever. They aren’t even broken. I don’t know what his deal is.”

She slips the legs onto Snowflake, then carries him upstairs.

“You walk to the kitchen okay?”

Snowflake trots to the kitchen with ease, the owner following him. They reach the dining room, when the owner sees Melon, curled up around the foal, under the heat lamp, using her wings as a shield. With Marine standing guard, seemingly about to have a full on fight with Rocket.

“BOYS”

The owner yells out.

“NO FIGHTING. ROCKET YOU LEAVE THAT FOAL ALONE.”

Both stallions whip their heads towards her, Rocket immediately cowers and goes to the table. Marine takes a step back.

“Thank you sweeties”

The owner pets Marine and Melons heads, then excuses them to the table. She then checks on the foal. Who lifts his head a bit. But his eyes still not opening.

“…He’s alright… Yeah… He’s fine.”

She sighs of relief, then goes to the table with the other fluffies.

15 Likes