"One of Us" by NobodyAtAll

You’re a fluffy. You don’t have a hoomin mummah or daddeh, or a housie, or even a namesie.

You do, however, have a special friend.

She’s back in the awwey-way you both call home, because she’s a soon-mummah.

You’re out walking through the awwey-ways, looking for nummies, for your special friend.

You pass by a hoomin. He looks like he doesn’t have a housie, either.

He talks to you.

“Hey there, little guy. Are you lost?”

“Hewwo, mistah. Fwuffy nu am wost. Nee fine nummies, fow speciaw fwend.”

“Well, here. If it’s food you need, take. I’ve got plenty.

He gives you a big round nummie, in a see-through baggie. If you hold it in your teeth, you think you can drag it back to the boxie-nestie.

“Fank yu, mistah. Wut am dis nummie cawwed?”

“It’s called angel food cake, little guy. Take care, now.”

You start dragging the cakie nummie back to your nestie. It’s not far.

When you turn around, the nice mistah is gone.

You get back to your awwey-way with your cakie nummie, feeling grateful and happy, but as you get there, you hear a voice. It’s another hoomin, he’s found your special friend! He’s holding a big sharp thing!

“Well, well. Look what we have here. A big fat fluffy that can’t run. I’m gonna have fun stomping on your fat ass.”

Oh, no! Your special friend!

You run at him as fast as you can. You must protect your special friend! And your babbehs!

“Nu! Nu huwt speciaw fwend!”

The bad hoomin turns around.

“Aaaah, lucky me! Now I’ve got two playthings.”

He takes a step towards you, and then stops when someone speaks.

“No. I will NOT allow harm to come to the innocent.”

It’s the nice hoomin who gave you the cakie nummie! Where did he come from? You didn’t even hear him walk up!

He’s got big white wingies now. And a big round white glowy circle thing above his head. White light shines around him.

The bad hoomin seems surprised.

“Holy shit!

Your hoomin friend smiles.

“You guessed it. Leave this place, Zachary Stevens. Go, and sin no more. NEVER spill the blood of the innocent again. Repent of thy sins. Or you’ll be seeing me again, Zachary.”

The bad hoomin throws the sharp thing away and runs off. You, on the other hand, run over to your special friend.

Your hoomin friend’s wings go away, and so does the circle thing and the light.

“I hate having to do that, but it makes a point.”

He walks over to you.

You look up at him.

“Wut am yu?”

He smiles.

“I’m an angel, little guy. I came Down Here, from a place called Heaven, to protect the innocent. If you want, I can take the two of you somewhere else. Somewhere, where good mortals work to protect fluffies like you.”

“Wut am mow-taws, mistah angew?”

“It means living beings. Like humans, and fluffies. Those who, unlike my kind, will one day die. That’s why I’m happy that places like that exist. Most people only get one life. It should be a good one.”

You agree. You think this makes sense.

“So, would you like to go? It’s safe there, and warm, and you won’t have to go scrounging for food anymore. They’ll be able to help you and… hold on. You two don’t have names, do you?”

You shake your head.

“Would you like some? I just thought of two good ones.”

You nod.

“Alright. You, brave one, are now Adam. And you, precious little dear, are now Eve.”

You both thank him for the new names, and tell him you’d like to go to the safe place.

“Alright. I’ll just hold on to this during the flight.”

Flight?

He picks up the cakie nummie and puts it in his pokkit.

Then, he picks you both up, carefully holds each of you in his arms, and flies you there with his wingies.

You both would be terrified, but the whole time, you have the feeling that you two are perfectly safe.

That he’s not going to drop you.

The angel, now looking like a perfectly ordinary hobo, walks into the Faucheuse Foundation, gently carrying the newly-christened Adam and Eve. He walks up to the counter and carefully places both fluffies on it.

Mark greets him.

“Can I help you, sir?”

“Yes, I found these two fluffies living in an alleyway, and some horrible person was trying to hurt them. I scared him off, and I decided to bring them here. Their names are Adam and Eve.”

“Oh my. The poor dears. Well, we’ve got room for them. I’ll have Erwin give them a check-up, and then me and Rosa can give them a bath.”

The three of them aren’t the only employees, by the way. It’s a big building. There’s other people around, they’re just busy right now.

“Ah, wonderful. Oh, by the way, I gave them these. I was holding on to these for them on the way here.”

The “hobo” places two angel food cakes on the counter.

Adam is confused.

“But mistah onwy gib Adam wun cakie nummie.”

The “hobo” chuckles.

“Oh, did I? Well, now you don’t have to share. You can each have one.”

The two fluffies gasp in glee.

“Fank yu, mistah angew!”

Mark’s eyebrow rises like Orpheus out of the Underworld.

“Mister Angel?”

The “hobo” chuckles again, this time nervously.

“Er, um, that’s just what my friends call me. But you’re welcome, little ones.”

When Mark turns away to call Dr. Erwin Stahlberg, the “hobo” raises a finger to his lips and winks at the fluffies. They nod. They seem to understand.

Erwin soon arrives, and Mark and Erwin take the fluffies to the examination room.

The “hobo” sticks around to make sure the fluffies will be accepted.

Nobody complains, because unlike most hobos, he doesn’t smell like a dumpster someone crapped in, nor does he beg anyone for booze money.

Alcohol doesn’t even do anything for angels, either.

Once they’re both given the green light, literally in Erwin’s case, and Rosa starts bathing them, the “hobo” departs, after promising to return to check in on the couple.

After walking outside, the angel makes himself invisible to mortal eyes, spreads his wings, and takes to the skies.

There are other innocents who need him.

As the angel flies through the clouds, he thinks to himself.

Angels usually don’t tend to be the prideful type, but this angel is proud of what he does. Because what he’s doing is defending the defenceless, and helping the helpless.

He thinks he made the right choice, volunteering to come Down Here and protect the innocent.

After all, if the scumbags Down There are going to come Up Here and attack the innocent, balance must be restored, as the Boss said. The people Up There needed to send people Down Here too.

Chris Oldman was right when he said nobody Up There was fond of the Oldmans. Nobody Up There is fond of anyone Down There.

And they especially dislike the Oldmans, because the Oldmans broke the Rules. They came Up Here without being summoned. And the people Up There don’t even like it when demons have permission to be Up Here.

Even when bound by the laws of summoning, demons are still capable of wreaking havoc, and spilling the blood of the innocent.

Angels do not like seeing the innocent come to harm.

And they’ve ignored the crimes committed by abusers for too long.

The angels try to respect free will, but they won’t allow innocents to suffer.

The angel senses another innocent in need of help.

Another fluffy, being beaten senseless by his owner for defecating on the rug.

This will not stand.

The angel flies off.

5 Likes

Lets hope, that this interfering does Not give birth to "The Death of Angels"™.

3 Likes

Well, angels operate differently from demons. And especially differently from Chris and James. Angels won’t kill you if they can avoid it. Demons will kill you just because you’re there. So there’s a much lower chance that it’ll lead to chaos. But, know this: the Bosses of both sides answer to Azrael. And Azrael answers to someone else.

No, it’s not fucking Pierre.

3 Likes

this fuckin angel is making Puns, i like em.

called it!!

huh, what do angels think of those who are forced to turn or are half demon? Like if a child was turned Demon by another demon. they may not know better. Can someone be turned half angel or full angel? If theres a way to go demon there must be the reverse right?

1 Like

are you sure? how do we know you Don’t report to Pierre?..

1 Like