Organizing Tags Masterpost

There are plenty of tags with less than 10 submissions and plenty that cover the exact same topic / could be combined such as grandma and grandpa being combined into “grandparents”. Please comment any tags you have concerns about and please keep the conversation on topic.

#wubey-dubey-event - dead event, little content
#worshipping - 5 posts, three irrelevant (Religion?)
#window - Some relevant posts but, really needed? (Glass? Abuse potential too)
whale - Relevant posts but niche (Fish/Aquatic?)
#voyeur - Few posts and really?
#ussr - two posts and non are micron, trim it
#upgrade - what does this even mean?
tusked-fluffies - Dead subspecies, archive?
#toxic-plant - put under poison
#tech-support - Few posts and weird? What is purpose
suckling - could be merged with other stuff
stalker - unused since 2021
sorting - hyper-specific
slap - Few posts, could be put under a (hitting) umbrella
simulator - what does this mean / never used properly
shower - Just use (water)
scalding - change into “boiled”
ring - change to “jewelry”
replaced - idk, under-used but could be useful?
remote-control - same thing
rat - change to “rodent”
pride-fluffy - make an all inclusive “pride” tag
preview - underused and weird to have
political - underused and just, no.
pest-products - can go under poison or traps
opinion - underutilized and not needed, just look at the shitposting category
not-a-fluffy - mix with below
not-fluffy-related - mix with above
necrophilia - used 5 times, three times incorrectly
mixed-media - mostly could be covered until artisan
microwave - underused, mix with burning?
long-form - underused, but should be used more
little-boy - make a “human-child” tag
little-girl - make a “human-child” tag
life-support - hyper specific but seems used correctly by its Few posts
invention - most things here could go other places
injection - Mix with syringe
in-utero - “fetus” tag
ice - mix with frozen
human-nudity - not even really allowed anymore
grooming - could go under care
grandpa - make a “grandparent” tag
grandma - make a “grandparent” tag
forced-voiding - could go under the 11 other shit related tags
#foals-gold-event - dead and literally never used other than the announcement post
foal-rape - specifically the one not under contro, shouldn’t be in this section
fluff-snek - tentative all encompassing “Subspecies” tag?
finger - hyper specific
donut-steel - could go away but pls don’t ):
donut - hyper specific
dentist - broken-tooth or teeth should suffice
demotivational - what does this mean? Stuff in here seems to be here randomly
dementia - not really relevant very often
defective-unit - everything here could be elsewhere
darts - tentative “punctured” or “stabbed” tag to avoid specificity?
copypasta - every post in here is a shitpost other than McGee
colostomy - specific but used well
coloring-corruption - …what?
church - put under “religion”
chimera - again under tentative “subspecies”
centaur - same as above
cauterization - pretty specific but well used
catheter - same as above
brushing - same as grooming
brony - oh god my eyes!
branding - could go either way
botany - make a “plant” tag

Possible additions:
-mentally-disabled
-Starvation
-Weather

Context changes:
burning → Burn - make it more vague allowing more adaptability
industrial-abuse and industrial-sadbox → Industrial - it is already impossible to tag with industrial-abuse for some reason, most likely a bug.
disabled-foal → disabled-fluffy - adds more variety to a restrictive tag

4 Likes

I think “grandparent” would be better than “grandparents”. Makes it clear it doesn’t gotta be both of them.

There’s also an “old-human” tag, but I think it’s different enough from grandparent that they can co-exist. Random old hobo in the park vs kid visiting granny for milk and cookies.

4 Likes

How about “grandparent/grandparents”? Or possibly something similar that doesn’t imply an elderly orgy.

I don’t think our tagging system allows for slashes. And that would be unnecessarily cumbersome - we’re not AO3, here. We don’t need both singular and plural versions of our tags; “broken-bones” gets the idea across even if only one bone was broken.

4 Likes

I would like for there to be a new tag for an intellectually disabled fluffy. SBS is too narrow a definition, people usually see ‘derped’ as being done on purpose via needles into the brain, and as far as I can tell there’s no actual tag for cognitive disabilities as a whole. I’ve had people complain I’ve used the derped tag for a mentally retarded fluffy but for the lack of other tags I had no other choice.

4 Likes

I would also like a proper Starvation tag. There’s a big difference between missing lunch and being a bare-bones skeleton with fur attached to it. Seeing as starvation is one of the biggest themes in the fandom I think it makes sense to not have it all attached just to the Hunger tag.

6 Likes

I’ll second that, I’m kinda amazed we don’t have something like that.

I’d also love something like extreme-weather, because sometimes I want to tag it for exceptionally cold or hot weather, but I only have heat-death and death-from-exposure. And like… If the fluffy doesn’t die what do I do?

5 Likes

The term for a retarded fluffy
Is “fluffy”

4 Likes

I think we have burning but not freezing or something to that effect.

I also have trouble tagging all the X-foal types because not all of them exist. I think we have chirpies but not talkie babbehs, ect.

3 Likes

A talkie baby is a foal lol

1 Like

Yea but its like a developmental stage and more specific which is the purpose of tags. I personally see talkie babies as that period right when they aquire language and get a lot of praise from their parents or owner and do an excessive ammount of speaking to learn new words.

Its no different than having exploring baby or singing baby.

2 Likes

Unfortunately nobody will ever ever ever ever ever ever properly tag their pertinent work.

Most of them don’t even want to apply three tags

1 Like

I tried initially but its very frutrating to have specific eyeball torture in your post but find no relevant tag. I understand the conundrum though.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Hold up, why doesn’t #futa work no more?
I was gonna do a joke about it but it’s not here anymore?

Or was I just dreaming…

1 Like

It was all a dream…

2 Likes

heat-death is a misnomer, there is no fluffy story about the second law of thermodynamics leading to the end of the universe on here

1 Like

I think “eye-trauma” is good for that. In fact, I think eye-trauma is a tag that got adjusted, because when I posted my Dr. Crazystein story - which does have eye trauma early on - the only tag available was “eye-removal”!

This might not need a new tag - I looked it up and weirdly, we have a tag for “disabled-foal”. If that tag is renamed to “disabled-fluffy”, I think that would solve the issue handily. Or maybe “special-needs-fluffy” if we don’t want to risk an influx of pillows being called disabled.

Lesse… For my own thoughts:

1. A “survival-game” type tag might be useful because we do have multiple really long death game/survival game show type stories.
  2. It may be worth it to look over the tags again since NAA’s catalogue got deleted. I can imagine some tags were 95% NAA stuff so a second look may be good.
  3. Microwave shouldn’t be mixed with burning, but could be expanded to include stoves and stuff. It’s a little weird we got one but not the others. What would be a good name for it though? Kitchen-supplies?
2 Likes

I would go with ‘Appliances’. Encompasses everything from stoves, washing machines, freezers, microwaves.

3 Likes

Ooh, appliances is a good one.

2 Likes