Postscript: My thoughts as I leave the Fluffy-Community in new hands

Comics are just the best.

2 Likes

That’s one of the best descriptions of human society I ever did see.

1 Like

Agreed :heart:

1 Like

I feel like clarifying what I meant, since I mispoke.

Subspecies such as Microfluffies, Aqua/Seafluffies, Cowfluffs, Kitsune Fluffies and other similar concepts are not only fine by me, but I actually like them a lot, because…

All these subspecies behave, reason and die like regular fluffies do. Their “improvements” are either incredibly tame, or get balanced by new weaknesses.

Micros can hide more easily (if they shut up) and procreate more, but are even weaker than a regular fluffy.

Kitsunes have more tails.

Seafluffies can face the dreaded water, but suffocate without it. Also fishing.

Cowfluffs just make more milk and feed more babies.

Stuff like this can easily add to a story’s narrative, because you can delve deeper into how regular fluffies interact with them in multiple ways.

What I deeply dislike, personally, is how certain “subspecies” either share way too little with the original creature, or when said species are superior in every shape or form to bog-standard fluffies.

For instance, most Cannibal Fluffies are usually able to butcher a herd 1v19 without breaking a sweat. Their teeth are razor-sharp at birth, when other fluffies have to wait until they are weanlings, their muscles allow them to sometimes jump a human and kill them.

Or the aforementioned viruses, who basically are the Flood from Halo but they talk in babyspeak. Able to use tools to skin fluffies alive, force themselves down their throats an back out…

Usually, whenever I stumble upon a story involving similar concepts I rarely get to the end saying “wow, what a twist!” (It has happened), mostly ending up skimming over lines upon lines of regular fluffies being trounced or simply shoved in the background, not even secondary characters.

This is how I feel about it. Tastes and opinions may indeed differ.

7 Likes

I actually have so much Kitsune Fluffy backstory.
But they have weaknesses beyond being fluffies.
They are very very tail orientated.

Three tails or more is a sign of status Six tails automatically means the bestest Kitsune fluffy around. ( amongst them)
Two tailed Kitsune Fluffies are shunned and have inferiority issues.
One tail Kitsune Fluffies are depressed.
and you may as well end no tail Kitsune Fluffies they are either int he wan die loop or catatonic.

To a kitsune fluffy tails are everything, with out them they aren’t a Kitsune Fluffy anymore.
Just fluffy, they value their tails more then even their leggies.

The best way to hurt a Kitsune Fluffy is to remove their tails bit by bit, till there is nothing left.
And those tails are easy to grab and to stamp on as well.

Right lore dump over.

2 Likes

While we’re still misappropriating this topic from its intended purpose;

Can we get a ruling on micro-editing from @staff

I’m not going back on my pledge to leave y’alls alone.

But a certain especially mentally defective person keeps disrupting how topics are presented in a shallow and obvious bid to garner new readers.

Xoxo gossip girl

What are you doing here then?

1 Like

You can ask Virgil for more information, whenever he’s available, but my intent is to leave the staff alone.

Strictly speaking I’m just here to support creators I have come to consider my friends.

2 Likes

That’s just a very roundabout way of saying “i didn’t actually left”

2 Likes

If I know who you’re talking about, they haven’t posted since July.
They’ve only been editing their work.

2 Likes

Would you prefer the alternative?

They edit their shit and it gets treated as new in the feed.

1 Like

And?

I’m aware that editing it causes it to bump up to the top.
But I think that the editing is actually in earnest.
He hasn’t wanted to post since everything went down so he’s left with little else to do.
Plus it is his content to edit as he sees fit.

2 Likes

No, just making things clear in case IRS will get desperate enough to search for you here

I can understand periodically editing something.

I can sympathize with going back and finding a typo from ages past and wishing to rectify it.

Can you call routine and methodical edits legitimate?

If so I’ll go back and add rocket ships to every story I’ve ever written.

8====D the Bezos Mobile

He has roughly 700 works Hate.
It seems like a lot because there is a lot.
More importantly.

2 Likes

Mother of God.

But yes, I am aware.

Hence the note here: Postscript: My thoughts as I leave the Fluffy-Community in new hands - #94 by Reddit-Word_H83r

Squeaky, I want to say that you are one of my biggest inspirations within fluffies. Yes, I do have a number, but your passion for creating and defining your fluffy characters is what is appealing to me. Many, especially from a certain camp tend not to put too much thought to their fluffies, or work with some shortcuts that their stories feel one-note or lack punch. If anything, I am willing to defend your approach to fluffies, as I think it one that should be fostered.

I don’t think it’ll be that easy, as people will have their disagreements. Heck, something as simple as anthrofluffs is hotly debated. On my end, I would argue that a fluffspeaking anthro fluffy that has a limtied intellect, despite being bipedeal and having ten fingers, would still count as a fluffy, but I can understand the arguments against that reasoning.

Then there’s also people who have drawn “fluffy x something”. Sometimes, its a one-off wierdbox joke, like in the case of inkiepie’s elemental fluffy or Marcusmaximus’s cubic fluffies. But than you have bread fluffs and plant fluffies, which @caneighdian has argued stray a bit from what a fluffy should be - and I agree. I’m not too hot on bread fluffies, but I also recognize and understand that they were popular for a while. Should that creative spirit be restrained for the sake of streamlining things?

I think there needs to be an incentive for people to flesh out and do longer works. Its a point I mentioned earlier, but I want to restate it because it sometimes feels like we’re entirely reliant on a person’s own passion and/or inherent interest in fluffies to tell longer stories. To build upon what @PeppermintParchment said, the ideas may come in waves. At the moment, I’ve been working on a particularly difficult story where I have ideas for the next part of the story, but then I relapse and feel a creative block that lasts a whole week.

As somebody whose been researching the history of fluffies, especially in hugbox and non-abuse, there are a number of interesting fluffies that were barely fleshed-out or, if they were, have been forgotten with the loss of the booru. One example that comes to my mind is Gowdie’s Beanie. I’m very fond of Gowdie, and I wanted to see more of Beanie. But I also know that, as a hugboxer, Gowdie had been recieving a lot of vitriol from the other camp. Yes, you can guess where I’m going with this, but my point still stands.

1 Like

You are aware of the attention span of your userbase, right?

Might be a reason why one-off OC posts are the new meta.