Question on "cannibal fluffies"

Are they a specific subspecies of fluffy, created by a chance mutation or a fluffy-hating mad geneticist? Or will any fluffy become a cannibal-fluffy if it eats “da wed nummehs”?

(For clarity, I’m talking about the full-on stronger, cleverer, swirly-eyed fanged fluffy wendigos here.)

1 Like

In so far I recall those are a uncommon mutation.
But don’t quote me on that.

2 Likes

Seems to vary. Some works treat them as a separate sub-species, others are a rare variant and others based on environmental factors (any fluffy can be ‘converted’ in the right situation).

I don’t like the concept in general, so I haven’t exactly read many stories so couldn’t say which concept is more common or more associated with the full on weird eye type.

1 Like

I just think their fluffies that just turned to cannibalism

1 Like

On the booru the swirly eyes type was most common.

1 Like

The swirly-eyed, fanged, physically stronger and tougher version strongly pointed to them being a mutation of some kind. There were stories of them showing up in contaminated environments more frequently, like around toxic waste dumps.

A fluffy learning to eat meat is a different form of cannibal but still basically a regular fluffy.

A fluffy eating a foal is a cannibal, just not a mutant. They are probably the most common type of cannibals.

1 Like

AFAIK they are a mutation in ferals in most headcanon. Theres a lot of instances of fluffies committing cannibalism in multiple different stories but actual sharp toothed, wiry muscled swirl eyed cannibal fluffies are a seperate thing (from for instance Drain, Culvert, and the Sewer Fluffies eating “tummeh skettis” in TFOC).

It all depends on your headcanon.

1 Like

They’re lame, is what they are. Objectively speaking.

I do not care about headcanons.

2 Likes

They almost always seem to be a way to slip edgy donut steels under the radar

1 Like

I believe they started as a mutation, which might then have been deliberately bred into a subspecies. Either way, they’re born with it - as funny as it would be for fluffies to basically gain superpowers by eating enough foals, it’s not particularly viable.

Sadly, they’re rarely used in interesting ways, so I don’t pay too much attention to their content… It feels like they mostly exist to eat other fluffies without having to feel bad about it or carry trauma.

1 Like

Personally, in my headcanon, “cannibal fluffy” is a bit of a misnomer. It colloquially refers to any carnivorous fluffy and many of the exaggerated traits are false, though they do get swirly eyes and do become generally smarter or sharper of wit.

1 Like