Rambo Color (AMDk7)

Oh lord, he a coming he sees you have apples !
Thanks.
I couldnt have done it this fast ( or at all ) without your advice.

1 Like

I’m glad I could help!

2 Likes

I’m just glad you were willing to help and deal with all my questions and updates.

1 Like

I have a friend that literally gifts me apples from her home every year. Rambo would’ve loved her.

1 Like

Oh, he would.
Absolutley.
He likes almost anything with apple except applepie.
He doesnt like cooked\baked apples
But other then that he likes anything apple, including applesause oddly enough.

1 Like

My comrade.

1 Like

i kinda see him as having the mindset of a 6 year old.
They love their favorite type of food, but wont ever touch THAT version.

In so far i know Rambo doesn’t have a favorite type of apple, just as long as they are apples.

Its EXCELLENT for that.

So, I don’t have Manga Studio. But I’d expect commonalities between it and other programs. Any questions? I think I sent you a picture of one of my pieces showing the layers.

For instance: for highlights and shadows I create a new layer (naming it helps because memories are iffy). I might lock the other layers so I don’t accidentally work on them instead. Anyhow, I’ll set the layer opacity to 20% or so.

On that layer I’ll add highlights and shadows. Either I’ll use white and black, yellow or blue, or maybe a lighter or darker version of the color in question.

Maybe I’ll use a brush that just puts a clean line. Maybe I’ll use the airbrush. Maybe I’ll use a brush that starts strong then weakens. Maybe I’ll use a smudge tool after. It kind of depends on the piece I’m doing, my mood, me wanting to try something, etc.

This is the easiest way I know to do it, but probably isn’t the best way. Over time you can experiment more, like with layer blend modes :slight_smile:

Take your time :smiley: and have fun!!! <3

1 Like

Thanks.
This picture mostly just came about from messing around.
And a comment from @Pink “that made me go wait you can do that ?”
And it went from there, with help from Pink and Tia.

Manga studio 4 is either very simple or I am a fast learner.
Probably the former.
And most graphical software is more or less based off Paint Deluxe, on the Amiga.

That interface looks really really familiar.

And Rambo here is made out of around 8\9 layers.
Every seperate color is a different layer.
The flag is 3 layers.
His eyes are a layerm so is his mouth
His fur is two different layers,
His markings are a layer.
And the inking is a layer too, al laid on top of the original art.

i think I got the basics down …for now, it loves to throw curveballs at me.

But things like opacity, highlights, shadows and the like, elude me for the moment.
I’m not ready yet for fancy things like light sourcing or scattering.
Assuming MS 4 even does that.
Or the blending of layers or masking layers.

i also need to get rid of the traditional artist mindset.
That a piece of art is a one shot only type of deal.
That, if i mess up i need to start all over again instead of just getting rid of layer or grab the eraser tool.
That sounds really simple but was a bit of a revelation to me when Virga made me realize i can do that.

I appreciate the help and the offer.
And if I have any questions I’ll be sure to ask.

( well that was an essay and a half.)

Find some coloring pages and practice on those. I used to color BW manga/art I found online in the 90’s with Paintshop Pro, and that was fun. Anyhow, use that to focus on color and not drawing. It’ll let you do a bit more faster since you’re skipping a step :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is an idea.
Though I can use my own art I got a massive digital library of my own art. ( almost 6000 pics)
And maybe that’s the best course, i want to learn to color my own art after all.

But we will see, if anything manga is generally pure black and white
No grey tones.
With big swaths of white, which makes it easier to color.

1 Like

HUUHUUHUU WAMBO NU WAN GIB DAYBID CA-WOOS-OH FOWEBBA SWEEPIES! WAS ASSYDENT! NU SEN MOW DUMMEHS! WAMBO NU WAN NUBUDDY HAB WOWSTEST HUWTIES!

Id like to have what he’s having in a to go bag please.

Just imagine the knife to be plastic.

ACKTHUALLY
Rambo’s an apple cultivar They are what I named my fluffy after.
They are also the reason why the movie Rambo is uhh called Rambo.

I thought it be funny if there was a fluffy called Rambo that likes ( rambo ) apples and the Rambo movies.

1 Like

The irony being that when he sits down to watch them he realizes he only likes the first one, the only film in the series without “Rambo” in the title.

1 Like

Don’ t give me ideas will you ?!

( I generally imagine he only really likes the first 2 )

See that’s even MORE confusing.

Good !
That entires series naming convention is fucked up
First blood ( fine )

Followed by … Rambo First Blood Part II …what kind of title is that ?!
Usually just Rambo II

Then they just drop first blood. ( Why not second or third blood then eh ? Too stupid for a series that went for a first blood part 2 ?)
For Rambo III

Then just Rambo Cause Rambo 4 is so 80’s and 90’s

And now there is a Last Blood !
Because that’s not a dumb title at all.

Follow by Last blood Part II Final blood the final Rambo no doubt, just to make the stupid title circle complete.

Rambo the fluffy watches 1 and 2 on VHS.
While eating (rambo ) apples.

1 Like

Man at least get the little fella First Blood on Blu Ray. It’s like the last time Stallone actually gave a shit about a performance for thirty years. He sobs at the end.

The fact this fluffy is having to see Brian Dennehy give the performance of a career on fucking vhs tape makes me sick to my stomach. This is the worst abuse on this website. Poor poor Rambo the fluffy.

1 Like