Rambo Color (AMDk7)

Nah, he likes the VHS versions for some reason.

And VHS tapes are probably better for fluffies anyway
bulky, easy to use, pretty damn sturdy.

Least it’s not beta or VCD.

pretty damn sturdy

You and I have had very different experiences vis a vis the durability of video cassettes

Compared to DVD !
I’ve had DVD’s damaged by their own fucking cases.
Had to replace those …it’s a ploy i tell you !

You need to throw a VHS at a wall a couple of times, before it even cares enough to notice.

Man that has just not remotely been my experience. I once found a loose dvd of Antz on the subway floor and sure enough when I popped it in I saw a weirdly sexual animated bug comedy starring a prominent New York comedian.

We don’t talk enough about how much of a ripoff Bee Movie was.

I got at least 3 DVD’s wrecked by their boxes
A Queen live concert, Disc 2 of a Beast Wars Box set. and a Monty Python movie.
I’m also often worried I will snap a disc trying to get it out of the death grip of the DVD box.

Well at least it’s not A Bug’s Life.

A Bug’s Life may be a wildly unambitious base hit of a family comedy, at least it didn’t cause my brother to ask our dad what “erotic fantasies” were and why that really nervous ant had them. Anything they did in the action scenes, Starship Troopers did better.

I might be biased.

Just a tad perhaps.
After all Starship Troopers is a pretty good movie.

Titties, satire, Clancy Brown, AND Neil Patrick Harris? Yes the fuck please.

Hey Casper Van Dien, welcome to the absolute pinnacle of your career.

The CGI is a bit ropey these days though.
But I always liked that movies sneering satirical edge.

1 Like

He peaked early, Not that Starship Troopers is a bad peak.

1 Like

Really just terrific stuff. I’m always astonished when people don’t realize it’s basically a sarcastic adaptation of the book.

1 Like

Yeah especially considering who the director is.
Verhoeven did more then just Robocop which was a Satirical tour de force in it self.
But with those over the top jingoistic commercials strewn throughout the movie it should be pretty damn obvious it’s satire and not played straight.

1 Like

Total Recall is my favorite Arnie movie. All of Verhoeven’s sereies of big budget studio films are fucking wild as hell. Even trash like Showgirls is weird enough to be fascinating.

I mean Hollow Man is kinda whatever but we get to see a cgi Kevin Bacon dong so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, though I think his best ones are Flesh and Blood, Robocop, Total Recall, and Starship Troopers.
Then he went back home, and did 4 more movies.

Flesh and blood is worth watching if you haven’t
It’s a uncompromising depiction of the middle ages with all the "chivalry"bullshit stripped away.
Horrible people living horrible lives.
And probably closer to what the middle ages were actually like.

Verhoevens Total Recall is better then the Remake though ( big surprise there )

They don’t even go to fucking Mars in the remake

Why even call it Total Recall if the reddest we get is fucking China

Cause its fucking remake.
Name me one remake thats better then the original and has not got Little Shop Of Horors or The Blob in the title.

And even then 80’s remakes strove to be their own thing instead of a bland rehash of what came before.

Okay, but only because I like a challenge.

The Thing, The Fly, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Mummy, and while I don’t think it’s BETTER than the original that Coen Brothers adaptation of True Grit was really really good.

To be clear that’s the Carpenter Thing, not the shitty cgi sequel.

That’s the only The Thing I had in mind.
I mean fuck the 2011 sequel, I can’t even be arsed to watch that.

The 1993 Body snatchers is pretty good too.
Each of those movies is a reflection of their own time ( or at least that’s what i’m told )

Personally i like the original The Mummy.
I like it’s brevity, it wastes little time and despite being nearly 100 years old its still utterly captivating,

Same for Dracula and Frankenstein really , they really are all that.