Realistified fluffy || The real beginning of my style change (Dragonixa)

So, if you grew attatched to my previous style, don’t really worry about me completely abandoning it - I still plan on using it in future comics and possibly commissions, if people require me to use my oldschool style :slight_smile:

This is me trying to break out of it and experiment with more of a realistic approach. I felt a little stuck and I realised I wasn’t really improving by drawing those same fluffies over and over again. So… I studied realism today. And I’m seriously happy with the results :smiley:

Feel free to still share your opinions, I won’t be hurt if you dislike my new approach, because frankly I don’t give a damn lol, I’m just here to have some fun with art :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, I wish you guys all the best!
Wub you :heart:
Nixy UwU

40 Likes

Ooh, this is great!

5 Likes

Thank you! >w< ~♥️

3 Likes

I wouldn’t actually mind one like that strutting by and wishing me a good morning. Heck, I’d gladly let it into my garden to eat all the grass it wants. :smiley:

5 Likes

I basically did a poofy mix of a horse and a pig and it works really well for fluffies ^w^ And both animals are adorable and approachable, so I get the feeling :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

A horse is a horse of course of course unless that horse is mister fluffy

5 Likes

Adorbs. I fucking love this. I love your talent and can’t wait to see where you go

3 Likes

I guess it’s like one of those dog breeds gone wrong, like a mix of a Yorkshire terrier with cane corso or something stupid like that lol

3 Likes

Ok, you’re gonna melt me ;w; ~♥️ I’m seriously happy you like it so much ^w^

3 Likes

I think you should give some thought to smooshing in the muzzle pug style

4 Likes

See when I wanted a pet horse as a kiddo this is totally what I imagined in my head. But I could never get the hang of drawing horses.

2 Likes

I’m kinda conflicted, my favorite thing about fluffies is ripping them up but the thing you drew is cute and looks like a believable animal. I don’t want to break it’s legs and pour hot sauce up it’s dick hole. Yes it matches the criteria of a fluffy but without the cartoonish aspect, I think, it loses some of the magic.

2 Likes

Howbowt oldstyle meets newstyle?
Like, OS Carrot meets NS Carrot…

2 Likes

Nice job :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I could experiment with some muzzle shapes and sizes, thank you for the feedback ^^ Donkeys have shorter and cuter faces, maybe I could play with that, too~

1 Like

It takes a lot of practice and observation, horses are extremely difficult imo if you’re getting into all the details of their musculature etc. But if you’re just going for their general shape without delving into those details, it could be a fun practice for you to loosely sketch out some running mustangs and race horses, just to capture their movement without worrying about if it looks right or not ^^

Glad to see you back btw :heart:

2 Likes

I’m still planning on exploring the inner anatomy and exaggerated expressions (that’s why in my original post I drew a goofy neighing horse at some point) so I can translate my drawings to the new style and make it even more gruesome by adding that extra level of realism, so this might be a very interesting journey :3

I might even remake some of my older pieces to make them even more fucked up than before OwO So yeah, brace yourself lol

2 Likes

I thought about it! I want to do it for sure :smiley: I’ll also play with lineless/reduced lineart coloring to bring it to another level ^^

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Definitely enjoyed the way the looked in the old style but this looks incredible.

2 Likes