Recommend Happy stories?

Looking for nice, sweet hugbox stories.

Recommend your favorites!

Edit: too many dead foals and enfie babbehs today. I need a mental palette cleanser.

12 Likes

Speaking as a guy focused on hugbox, a lot of the stories that I like to look for and focus on within fluffies all pertain to hugbox in some way or form. I’ve been a bit behind on updating myself in hugbox, but there’s a fair amount to go through, especially when it comes to recent stuff. At the moment, though, I’ll relate what I’ve seen in the booru.

Straight off the top of my head: @Muffin’s Tumbly. I’ve been loving a lot of Muffin’s recent work as well.

Coalheart and LordAnubis worked quite a bit on the Fluffy Shelter for the Abused

Phantomfluffy had Bunny & her foals, as well as her neightnour, Citrus.

Fosterfluffy had Max and Shark Week He last surfaced on the booru in 2019, and my hope is that he returns.

@Pinkyfluffy has done a lot of great stuff, but one of the comcis I’ve know he’s done is the Babysitter fluffy.

@AIDS focus on slice of life, and my favourite characters of his are Shmoo and Esmerelda, especially since Shmoo adopted Esmerelda as a sister.

For generally cute stuff, I like to mention:

KMEB’s Suzy, the Baseball fluffy.

Gowdie’s Beanie

For neutralbox/sadbox with hugbox endings and strong hugbox elements,I recommend the following:

@Foxhoarder Ruby from the Literal Sadbox series.

Meh’s NISC

GRANPA156’s Seabreeze (A slight warning about this story though)

@pillows The Rejects. Another warnign for this series, but its got a lot of good elements to it. I am really looking forward to the reboot.

MrPaint’s Smokey

@KerosineCannibal did a really good hugbox follow-up to an abuse-ish hllaoween story she did last year. You can read it here: Halloween Night Hugbox Aftermath (KerosineCannibal) (warning for the appearance of an abuse aspect)

A lot of these characters were characters features in A Christmas Storytelling (KerosineCannibal)

For recent stuff, I do recommend the work of @CookieCrunch , @Valentino , @littenstinymittens, @Bunny and, of course, @MossyFluff.

On my own end, I heartily recommend @Carpdime Avocado. While I am writing a longer story on the little green guy, Carpdime sort of laid the groundwork of Avo’s story, and I have been dedicated my time to fleshing him out in my own little series on the guy.

The Sam Adams Guide has been my attempt to locate and focus on fluffy content done by artist with substantial hugbox content and who weren’t overly abusive. The story itself is meant to be focused on hugbox, but I lament that I went too much into the wierdbox elements. I’ll have to steer myself back into its hugbox origin.

I also did my own tribute stories to Postfluff, Plum, NISC, Seabreeze, KMEB, Coalheart and Black-Dragon-Blood. You can find them in my gallery, or the Sam Adams Guide. The recent commission from @mutagen of the “Sam Adams Guide ending” to Postfluff was taken from my own tribute to Mutagen which I wrote last year and was in the Sam Adams Guide. (I still need to do more tribute work, I haven’t done enough Dx )

There is more to go through, but, I’ll have to take my time with it. I hope this works out as a start for you @Chikahiro

8 Likes

If you accept comics or stories with drawings or abuse that ends in hugbox i have seen some stories of that

Huggies save lifes by NekuChan

Halloween Night Hugbox Aftermath by Kerosinecannibal

There are more histories of this type

5 Likes

Without naming any names, a critique of some of the stories that have abuse but end in hugbox is that they may be too focused on the abuse or negatives about fluffies, and the hugbox ending is either tacked on or is hardly developed. While I consider them slightly better than stories with a hugbox start but an abuse body and ending, I don’t consider them as good as “hugbox stories with conflict” or “neutralbox/sadbox stories with a hugbox ending”.

I mention Meh’ NISC because, and while it revolved about population control and scientific experimentation, you can’t help but feel that little NISC got his happy ending with his new mother. Although the Rejects has some minor abuse, the death of Punk was due to an accident and was not intentional. Pillows also mentions that she regrets killing Punk so early. And while Muffin didn’t need to add Tumbly to her story about Strawberry being pillowed, I feel like the addition of Tumbly was needed to show his role as a helper of others.

5 Likes

I understand it,i’ll look for other stories

1 Like

My first 100% hugbox story: Poor Man's Skettiland by:Foxhoarder

4 Likes

Thank for mention me :wink:

4 Likes

Basically all of muffin’s comics

6 Likes

Let it be known far and wide that @Oculusfluffy has some of the best hugbox/neutralbox stories in the land.

Top One Eyed Recommendations:

Milk: A Cottonfluff Story
Steamfluffs
Mummah Lucy and Derek

Though closer to my tastes I err on the side of neutralbox/bittersweet so here are a few specific recomendations:
@DeusLibra : Margeret’s Garden : One of the best depictions of a neutralboxer I’ve ever seen.
@TheFloofer : A New Adventure : A real rollercoaster of a romp that has my favorite team up of a fluffy and a human
@SHADOWSTEIN : Father’s Gambit : And really the whole series on Mortis is great. While brutal I think it’s one of the best balance of hugbox/abuse/neutral I’ve seen.
@Karn :Don’t hate the Player, Ragequit My favorite story I’ve read most recently. All of the characters are wonderfully realized and the fluffy care is methodical and firm but fair handed; an approach I gel with heavily.

Other general recommendations I would give:
These recommendations are more looking at their body of work.

@Kalooboo : Their work is found mostly on the Reddit but a great range that explores all boxes

@Jedan : Our Weirdbox overlord. No matter the piece you’ll have the feels.

@Pinkyfluffy : My Gods. Do yourself the favor and jump in.

@Fluffus : One of my top influences and whose neutralbox work I admire greatly.

@NekuChan : One of the best artists working today. Expression work top notch.

@Chikahiro : he’s a cool guy, I guess.

8 Likes

Also, let it never be forgotten:
@Captain_Emo : The Faraway Tree and Return to the Faraway Tree: I’m not crying you’re crying :sob:

4 Likes

PS: the only reason I didn’t have @Carpdime and Avocado (and @Oculusfluffy 's story on Avo and connecting works) on the list is that it was way too obvious. Everyone should go enjoy their stuff.

4 Likes

Thanks @MossyFluff!

2 Likes

Thank you @Able!

2 Likes

Oooh! My nuts are safe!

4 Likes

Thank for mention me :wink:

7 Likes

Its almost like your stuff is fun and happy!

4 Likes

You should always be mentioned, Pinky.

5 Likes

Come on. You make me blush.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :confounded:

4 Likes

I imagine your face is all pink now.

3 Likes

Well, he is Pinkyfluffy

2 Likes