Saving babbehs (InfraredTurbine)

Well, in hard times she gotta do some choices
I really wanted to draw something about mummahs and foals today and this is what came out :slight_smile:

For commissions, illustrations and so, feel free to contact me any time!
also, consider reading about the hasbio catalogue part 2 here. =D

74 Likes

Poor everyone!

3 Likes

I thought mummah-foal cannibalism was an unrealistic aspect of fluffies until I watched a youtube timelapse of birds rearing their young, just tossing runts out of the nest or if they’re not growing fast enough. Started with 8 chicks, and only 2 survived to fly from the nest, with 0 lost to predation. Made cannibalizing less important foals to feed better foals seem more realistic.

Anyways, another great piece!

9 Likes

I wonder how many she started with.

2 Likes
2 Likes

At least she’s not eating established almost independent babies to feed ones inside.

This kind of reminds me of bears.

3 Likes

That’s a part of Darwin’s theory of evolution, animals must have more babies than they can provide for, or that there are resources available for, intentionally, because many/most won’t survive.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing that
it’s interesting tbh

1 Like

The siblings must never know.

1 Like

Basically it eats her poopie baby no doubt.

but it had to be done.

Nicely done @infraredturbine

4 Likes

thanks bro ;D xD

1 Like

No, don’t start with the head! Eat the legs first, then start from its ass so it experiences the betrayal from its mother till it finally dies.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s down to three.

Unless it was a small liter~ it probably already ate the lesser/injured. Thus why it’s such a hard choice now that they’re all ‘good/best’.

2 Likes

Lmao
Mummeh-mus num babbeh de is nu nummies here
The grass patches everywhere
81fb7522d7ae866924dae3cb946e6a2c

3 Likes

Fucking brutal

1 Like

A fluffy isnt going to do that

1 Like

Really?

1 Like