Secure anonymous commissioning?

I wish to ask if there is a way to commission from Hungary with my name being a secret and my bank not knowing where I spend the money. I need a way to do this because my local bank is having a Hungary only policy, and I can not get foreign money change.

4 Likes

Do you have access to paypal? Does your bank or banks in your country do work through paypal?

Another option that some artists sometimes accept, may be in-game currency in an online game they play, or for an e-gift card they can use to buy things. But I see that very rarely online.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not Fortnite or Roblox. If you’ve reached the point that you’re drawing fluffy art to buy Fortnite dances, you’ve gotta ask yourself when you lost control of your life.

7 Likes

Here I was thinking Second Life or WoW and you gotta make me relive the Tomato Town Massacre.

3 Likes

I’ve already did a commission for v-bucks once

7 Likes

I’m gonna start accepting NeoCash cards. I’ll be rolling in it.

2 Likes

July 2022: “Oh sure, you can pay me in Dragalia Lost Diamantium.”

August 2022:

2 Likes

No. I can not use paypal without my name being revealed and the bank asking about it.

1 Like

Is this sort of thing something you could get in trouble for in your country?

Yes. My bank is not good and I live in a small village. If people learn my name, I am in trouble.

Hm, I feel like perhaps this is a question better posed to a broader and/or more specialized group of people.

I wouldn’t know a way, other than cash or check through the mail. But then you have the issue of converting that, as well.

Best of luck, truly. :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you. Forint to forint is still safe for me, but then I have to find a friend who can send my cash to whoever I want to commission, but then their name gets out… I asked elsewhere too. Maybe someone got an answer.

1 Like

MEGALO CLAMOUR (cover) (V2!!!!) 0-1 screenshot

2 Likes

People send mail under nicknames or pseudonyms all the time, I don’t see why you would have to expose anyone’s name even if you ended up having to mail the money for they to have to exchange in their country for their own local currency.

Honestly tho, gotta say I’m pretty curious as to why both spending money outside the country and leaking your name are both so awful. I can make vague guesses as to the former but the latter has me stumped, tbh.

1 Like

So was the Mr Beast skin worth it?

That’s hilarious though

1 Like

If it’s such a danger, it’s most likely not worth it.

3 Likes

I gave skins as a Christmas gift to my squad
and got a thanos skin with a snap emote. Every time I kill someone I snap my fingers
(ultra cringe I know)

1 Like

Regular PayPal accounts do show your name, but business accounts do not.
And here in the US I know it didn’t cost anything to set up my PayPal business account. Whether that’s also true in Hungary, I can’t say.

2 Likes

I did commissions for discord nitro once lol.

Was long before I joined this community, but I once built up like almost a years worth of nitro from it.

1 Like

I do not want to mail, I want to send on an online bank. My name out is bad because my country hates asexual people and I am afraid the police will harass me. This is a small town, barely 200 people.