Side Effects Include Ch. 1 (by fluffysomething)

AN: Some of these events are taken from Reemergence Ch. 5, including FV-0446 being a baby again. Enjoy!

You are Dr. Harriet Roseman, and you’ve finally found the secret to immortality. You’ve made an age-reversal ray and used it on FV-0446, and now you’re visiting your mother again to see if it works.

“Did you really have to bring the talking virus here? The last time it was here, it tried to get away with infecting my poor Darling!” Your mother exclaims, as you sigh and sit down in a chair.

“Peeep! Peeeeep! Squeak! Squeak!” You hear FV-0446 start peeping and squeaking, as you pick it up and rock it gently in your cupped hands.

“They’re a baby again, meaning it hasn’t reached viral maturity yet. Speaking of them, are there any fluffies here that I should know about? Preferably foals, since it could make a friend.” You question, as she nods and motions for you to follow her into another, very brightly-colored room.

“Hewwo! Peep! Am nyu fwend? Chirp!” You look down, seeing a small fluffy foal as it smiles at you and points its hoof at your cupped hands.

“This is Sweetie! Now, she’s just started talking a day or two ago.” Your mother points at Sweetie, who’s still trying to reach FV-0446.

“Peep? Squeak! Squeak!” They squeak, wriggling their small, light body out of your hands as you place them on the ground.

“Am chiwpie-babbeh! Chirp! Am su wittwe! Peep!” Sweetie giggles as FV-0446 wiggles closer to her, watching it peep, squeak and try to hug her.

“Awwwwh! Maybe this time it’ll be friends with a fluffy?” Your mother coos, as Sweetie giggles and you pick FV-0446 back up.

“Well, here’s what I’m really here for. I wanted to try this out on you. It’s the reason that FV-0446’s a baby again.” You sigh, taking out the hastily-built ray.

“So, it’ll make anyone young again?” Your mother questions, sitting down as you point it towards her and nod.

“Of course! Just hold still…” You mutter, turning to ray on and firing st her, not noticing anything happening at all.

“Thank you! I sure do hope this works…” She exclaim, continuing to read a book as you walk out of the house.

You are Margaret Roseman, and you feel odd. The words on the pages you’re reading make less and less sense, and your skin hurts, for some reason. You feel like you’re going to explode!

“Come back! I don’t think it’s working!” You shout, your daughter not hearing you as she waves at you and gets into her car, driving off soon after.

“Harriet, please hel-” You shout, getting interrupted by a violent pain shooting through your body and a crimson red liquid coming from your stomach, through your clothes.

“Peeep! Peeeep! Squeak! Squeak!” You faintly hear peeping and squeak as darkness envelops you.

5 Likes

That`s the Roseman can-do attitude!
Of course, one means of immortality is to become historically infamous.

1 Like