Sketties day everyday! (Artist: Carpdime)

Yeah if I had a heart I’d probably do that

But I’m an abuser demon of pain and suffering
so I’d probably eat them alive or whatever

5 Likes

Liars and cheaters. Take down the table, trash it in front of them, and make them watch you eat spaghetti everyday for a month while they have stale kibbles

3 Likes

Just keep back handing that brown shit rat until it can’t stand. That will get the point across.

3 Likes

i have a question for you. will you beat the shit out of your kid for quietly adding “toys” to your shopping list?

9 Likes

I really dislike comparing Fluffy abuse with child abuse.

6 Likes

And I dislike fluffy abuse because I compare fluffies to children and pets. Yes, I am aware people use the whole “fluffies are just biotoys” argument, but even that depends on headcanon. I know some writers and artists who have based their interactions with fluffies on past experiences with their pets and even children. And from what I understand, Swindle, who was a big influence on many fluffy writers, was also a park ranger who was familiar with deer hunting and practice of culling. He treated fluffies with respect and mentions the human toll because it did get to him when he was culling. That sentiment was mentioned to me by one other writer, one who left the fandom recently, because too much of fluffy abuse was reminding him of reality.

Its part of the reason why I support the subreddit’s rule of “keep abuse comments out of hugbox”, as well as respecting each others boundaries. I don’t believe we should gatekeep too much, and I think abusers should enjoy their abuse, sadboxers enjoying their sadbox, and so on. But to often in the past were there abusers who kept harassing hugboxers by posting abuse comments and outright started drama, or, if the story of abuse-sir is true, attempting to sockpuppet accounts to harass hugboxers, as well as get content creators to do “more abuse”. Its why I am stressing some level of conscientiousness.

I believe that, if we want to get this site going, we have to respect each others boundaries. That, I feel, is the real change we need.

11 Likes

It is the one aspect of trying to stick with a side you’re comfortable with. Hugbox is a facet of Fluffies that I respect, because they are meant to be cute. Some people do enjoy that quality about them. That they can be cheeky, and sweet. Of course, there is the abusers that want to get their kicks off. And there’s the sadboxers who enjoy showing the potentials of life for them. Harassment is never okay. And one thing I like about this site is that you’re able to tailor your views so if you don’t want to see abuse, you don’t have to. Booru wasn’t really set up for that. Or if you’re on the opposite spectrum and don’t want hugbox, that’s an option too.

I just hate questions that make those who enjoy abuse that they’re the same as animal or child abusers. It’s something we’ve constantly had issues with even outside of here, and I just don’t care for it. I did edit my earlier post in here in respect for the hugbox, at least.

4 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from, and I agree. And to some extent, I feel that question should not have been raised. But I also think abusers should just refrain from posting an outright abuse comment on a hugbox image. Some hugboxers do want to enjoy hugbox for its own sake and could do without people calling for blood and murder, myself included. Like, in the case of the fluffies here, they’re just being cheeky. Sure, I may scold them, or lightly punish them, but I’m not going to abuse them. I just find it cute for fluffies to be cheeky.

6 Likes

They’re fluffies, not children. Off to the wood chipper for you, shitrats!

3 Likes

Remember Za, thats your headcanon and approach. People don’t have to agree to it. (some might say the same for hugboxers but, as I stress - respect boundaries)

5 Likes

Fluffies aren’t children, that’s just biology. Fluffies are animals (or biotoys, depending on headcanon) rather than human children.

4 Likes

Like I said earlier, and I also posted in my article on the relationship between fluffies and MLP, the initial influence on fluffies was imagining them as neotenic versions of MLP. Their childish/childlike way of acting and speech is based on how adults imagine babies talk, how they were depicted in cartoons with baby animals (such as Muppet Babies) and how even the show itself had MLP foals using the same kind of talk.

Its why I stress “approach”. Yes, its true that fluffies are animals or biotoys, depending on headcanon. But approach also matters. And Art-anon most likely approached them as infantile/neotenic versions of MLP. Its an approach I feel some of the earlier writers and artists did, which is why they gave them a fascination for childlike activities like play and building blocks. Its also an approach that some hugboxers, myself included, like them for.

5 Likes

Man this thread is deep. Though in the end these are some real cute scamps. One of the best pieces of pure fluffy art in the fandom.

4 Likes

Oh I got an idea! how about we give them sketti like they asked but a lot lot more than they want.

2 Likes

They would lose their skettie days for trying.

3 Likes

While I definitely would accept everyday to be sketti day, I’d definitely reward them with sketties for this adorable attempt. Hey, “A” for Effort, right?

4 Likes

Sounds more like rewarding bad behavior, it’s cute but there not getting sketties.

2 Likes

Well… Well how can I just say no to those faces? You won’t even have to give them a whole bowl of sketties, plus you can mix some kibble into it too to make it look like it’s a lot instead.

5 Likes

I suppose the random abuse reaction would be “off to the woodchipper” which seems extreme, but the “just love them until they admit it and laugh about it” hugboxer approach seems too lenient for this kind of crap if you’re regularly treating them to spaghetti meals.

That’s at least a week with no sketti days in my book. Just because the chimera flesh Furby’s are cute and designed to be innocent toddler toys doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be punished appropriately for deceit of this kind.

My son trying to put cookies on the list (or take them at the store) was very cute but it stopped because he grew up–if these things are going to be this way for up to ten years, there have to be some hard boundaries since fluffies don’t really seem to mature beyond this level of thinking or impulsivity.

Fuck it, break their legs and make them eat their own limbs.