So i tried to follow GreaverBlades Just Start Drawing - How to Draw Fluffies Community Post Thread (It did not go well)

So i followed GreaverBlades thread on drawing fluffys in different styles

just out of boredom and it looked like it woudnt be that hard, i was very wrong and have ended up making abominations on a poopeh alicorn level.

i think ill stick to lurking in future.

9 Likes

Your Carp one looks pretty good.

1 Like

Bollocks.
Your carp fluffy looks like a fluffy i can tell it’s a fluffy
Just keep practicing.

1 Like

if i didnt mess up the left eye and widened the face it woudnt be terrible. im sure if i put actual time into it i could make it work.

I love that the Squeaky fluff got a human nose. But in general, these don’t look bad! Not perfect, but certainly not bad enough to stop drawing, so don’t be hard on yourself. I particularly like the Fluffysnuffer one!

1 Like

Then keep practicing.
Nothing is ever perfect first time around.

Your art looks good.

Trying out other people’s art styles is a great way to find your own way of drawing! Copy others to learn the fluffy-like shapes, and you’ll eventually learn what you do/don’t like about their style and change it. Soon you’ll be making your own style fluffy!

1 Like

Here was my first ever fluffy (never posted it before because I was so embarrassed by it,haha).

Your first attempts are much better than mine! It takes a little to get in the swing of it,but once you understand what you do and don’t like,you’ll have your very own fluffy!

1 Like

Nah, still looks good.

I didn’t like it because it was so different from my normal style (I was trying to hide my style so maybe people I knew wouldn’t recognize it,but I realized that was very paranoid of me). My second attempt went better,and is more of the type of fluffy I draw now.

3 Likes

its the fluffyness :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i feel like with the flocked appereance it bring so much more life to the fluffys

1 Like

Yeah but i stil recognize your stylistic flourishes in it.

1 Like

I too enjoy a very fuzzy fluffy. And a bonus is, if there’s any weird anatomy you can’t get exactly right, put some extra fuzz there and the viewer will never know the difference :wink:

It’s the chest fluff and nose that always gives me away :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude you’re good in creating this.

1 Like

And the eyes.

Honestly all great starts. Keep practicing!

Also, if you want to try digital, I have trace-over templates. Use and abuse them as you see fit:

You can import that in to the drawing program of your choice, and simply trace over using a new layer. I use Krita, as it’s free and powerful.

these are far from crap drawings. you might need a little work but you got talent

1 Like