Just Start Drawing - How to Draw Fluffies Community Post

The community inspired me to start drawing, so I did. Then the community supported me further by helping me improve and educating me about available tools. I want to share what I’ve used to get started and to improve.

Start by downloading Krita. It’s free and open source:

The number one thing that helped me was the stabilizer option that helps correct curves. I have really bad hand tremors, so my curves always ended up lumpy:

In three days I want from this:

To this:

That is all thanks to community input and a little practice.

Some VERY beginner friendly guides:

https://fluffy-community.com/t/doodle-tutorial-fluffersnuffer/26766
Squeaky Fluffy how-to's and style quirks (Artist: SqueakyFriend) Thanks @Oculusfluffy

The simpler cartoony style shown in these guides with explicit step-by-step process helped me to build the fundamental understandings needed to get started. They were easy for me to wrap my head around and from there I was able to start improvising.

If anybody else knows of guides to include, please share them in the comments and I’ll append them to this list. There may also be value in including some more advanced guides.

18 Likes

This is really useful, @GreaverBlade ! I’m gonna include @SqueakyFriend 's own tutorial: Squeaky Fluffy how-to's and style quirks (Artist: SqueakyFriend)

I use krita as well for my digital art, and a big tip I want to share since we’re all drawing mostly animal things here

For shading fur, layer the shading, then go it with the digital tool and make long ticks going in the direction of the fur, after it’s all textured, add small ticks of black and white everywhere on the fur, it’ll makes it seem more realistic

The video that taught me this

A fellow Neytirix enjoyer! She’s like the patron saint of this community and nobody knew!

I remember krita being kinda laggy, I have a zip file of Paint tool Sai 2 if y’all want it!

I’d love to give it a try.

1 Like

It warms them good old heart cockles to see someone actively trying to improve and bring together the excellent how to draw guides that have been made

1 Like