Sploring mufuggas (cuppa)

It’s especially bad since many of the native Tibetans see the mountain as their spiritual home, and aren’t happy that a bunch of ignorant ass foreigners keep leaving their shit and garbage on it.

3 Likes

Nickname for a climber’s corpse that got frozen to the side of Everest and used as a landmark by other climbers because people are gross.

2 Likes

I’d respect it if they died climbing a a man’s mountain like K2. Everest is literally a gentle slope on the main approach and people think they can climb it without preparation by just throwing money at it.

Read up a little on the culture of assholes climbing mount everest, why do these fuckin people feel the need to give corpses landmark names

Because people deal with death by minimalizing it. Chill out.

Also, nobody knew his name for years, so they nicknamed him after his boots because they were unusual and stood out.

1 Like

Found the mountain climber

Bc they are landmarks. If you see them you know your going the right way

Why would you follow a trail of corpses

1 Like

Because it’s there, old chap :face_with_monocle:

Bc they were all going the same place as the person following it

Why

1 Like

I don’t object to corpses so long as they are fresh.

— George Mallory, in a letter to his wife, Ruth. 15 August 1916

I dont know what this means

1 Like

Mallory ( source of the quote about “why” one should want to climb Everest ) had found out, during his military service, that he did not mind the sight of piles of dead people as long as they weren`t complete rotters.
WWI could really give one a new perspective on things.

Haha, no way, man. I’m staying down on the ground with the sane people. Anyway, I’m terrified of heights and any drop longer than about twenty feet gives me severe vertigo.

It’s just that when you’ve seen people die, and when you’ve had to accept the possibility of your own likely death, humor and dismissal become coping mechanisms. It seems callous to you because you haven’t been in an environment where death is an everyday occurrence.

Everest isn’t even the first case of people using corpses as land markers. I mean, look at this.

1 Like

Wasnt the first one used as a warning to invaders?

Id try to die in a cool pose, zorro style

1 Like

Probably, but there are specific instances of soldiers using them as wayposts in Finland during the Winter War and in Russia during the winter of '41. And like, think about it: you are out on the steppe, where there are literally hundreds and hundreds of kilometers of land around you that are just nothing but flat, empty terrain with few landmarks. You have a six-foot long solid object at a time when EVERYTHING is being used as war materiel on the front… Why not stick some guy upright in the snow and use him as a local reference point?

When you reach the burned-down collective farm, use your compass to orient yourself northeast and march approximately 209.0 kilometers to the other burned-down collective farm. There, march east for 156.6 miles towards the village of Putinsinazol. At approximately 122.2 kilometers, find safe passage around the uncleared enemy minefield by orienting yourself in the direction of the frozen bolshevik commissar’s left arm until you reach the cluster of four burned-out T-70 light panzers. Here, resume your previous course until you reach the village of Putinsinazol, past Putinstinidik.

1 Like

As long as you don’t die dabbing.

Now, the Patches Squat, on the other hand…

1 Like

A subject fit to be covered by @Eded_ted s FluffyFriendsFindFunFunsies

1 Like