Squeaky's Thoughts On Subspecies (By: SqueakyFriend)

Some thoughts I’ve had recently!

1. Are demonfluffies a kind of bat fluffy?
subspecies 1

I’ve seen several different kinds of demon fluffies, so it’s hard to know what exactly their deal is. Sometimes they look like normal fluffs, other times like abominations, there was that one time someone had seven-sins themed demonfluffs … But most of the time they’re fluffies with demon wings and horns and maybe a tail, right?

But if demonfluffs and batfluffs have the same wings, and the only major difference is the addition of horns/a tail change, couldn’t that mean demonfluffs are just the alicorn version of batfluffs? Has anyone ever drawn a “regular” alicorn batfluff?

2. Cow fluff and fluffalo crossbreeding
subspecies 2

I mentioned this once before, but I feel like cow fluffies and fluffaloes are very compatible. So if you breed them, you get a “mule” fluffy that can’t breed further, but has a mix of traits from both parents. I am not sure if this is a useful result at all, I imagine it depends on what traits it ends up getting, but hey at least they’re neat-looking.

3. Winged cows and unicorn/pegasus sea fluffies
subspecies 3

Has anyone ever made a winged cowfluff/fluffalo? I haven’t seen any, but I don’t see why it couldn’t be a thing. I mean, look at it, that’s adorable. I imagine fluffalo wings are so tiny compared to their body that they don’t realize they exist.

As for sea fluffies, after looking it up I found unicorn ones but no pegasus ones. The unicorn ones have little nubs for a horn, but I got the idea they instead could have a long and thin horn, like a fluffy version of a narwhal*. “Pegasus” seafluffs should exist too, but since wings are absolutely useless underwater, I like to think that the pegasus gene instead gives them a dolphin-type fin on the back.

* I also imagine the horn easily snaps off if they stab something with it, so it’s a one-time defense mechanism.

24 Likes

What are your thoughts on kitsune fluffies ?
( off course i would ask that )

THE FINS ADD 20 MPR ONTO THE SEA-FLUFFIES SWIM TIMES

2 Likes

@SqueakyFriend I love this series of headcanons!

I tend to see both types of fluffies of bovine-based, so I definitely would see them as compatible

I haven’t really seen anything to that degree. That reminds of the one time Carpdime drew a picture about demonfluffies…

1 Like

you asking for a friend?

I have no headcanons about kitsune fluffs.

That said, since apparently 6 is the “perfect” number of tails, I think it’d be funny to add a ton of extra tails to one just to see if it starts freaking out or getting treated as a monster for having too many of them.

Also a punishment of taping together a kitsune’s tails so it looks like it has just one really really big tail. “Don’t misbehave or I’m merging your tails again!”

2 Likes

IIRC, many (most?) demon fluffs were actual supernatural creatures, not a fluffy subspecies. KnT’s devilfluff was literally Satan, KMEB’s Mercury was a fluffy Vengeance Demon, there were some batwinged fluffies that were actual vampires, and so forth.

As individual supernatural creatures, its hard to generalize, but most of them could actually fly, could talk, had various supernatural powers, and were basically indestructible. They were usually antagonists or at least neutral–Mercury was an exception in that Goldie was so goddamn evil that it made sense for her to be pursued by a terrifying supernatural avenger. (That one panel where we see Mercury’s true form is freaky as hell.)

1. yes. the only correct answer. It’s even mlp lore accurate
  2. sounds logical
  3. narwhal fluffies. Enough said
1 Like

Huh, I see! That explains the lack of consistency in appearance. Some works treat them as supernatural monsters in the shape of fluffies, some like a subspecies that just happens to live in Hell and be evil, and some like a regular subspecies.

Idea: The supernatural Hell fluffy versions exist, but alicorn batfluffs look like Hell fluffies without actually being supernatural or evil (or Mary Sue-y because wow that description). I mean it is a pretty awesome look, and it allows for some great misunderstandings on both ends.

1 Like

Yeah, he has four tails.

The kitsune fluffy in question would probably start to turn in to a smarty if they get more tails.
More tails is extra double plus good, so they are the bestest.
And being the bestest usually turns to a smarty if they aren’t a smarty already
If they are, they will just become even worse.
And might start using their tails as a throne, because dragging them along will become a pain in the arse.

The herd will probably accept this behavior, outsider kitsune fluffies will consider this smarty as a monster.

If they all get a mass of tails they will all start to freak out.
And there might be infighting about who is the bestest smarty.
Or just a load of kitsune fluffies freaking out cause the mass of their tails precludes them from moving.

That will just confuse the hell out of them, all their tails gone ? That means they are just fluffy.
It would work though, other then removing the tails that be a massive deterrent.

I shall work that one in to their backstory if you dont mind.

Makes sense. A few other things to consider, based on my hazy memories:

-whether supernatural or not, batfluffs were often vampiric (perhaps Hasbio used vampire bat DNA, because of course they did.)
-a vampiric subspecies was probably created as a fluffy predator, part of the same project that created gryphons and cannibal fluffies.
-being predators, vampire fluffies would need to be more alert and intelligent than regular fluffies.
-you could have ‘fruit bat fluffies’ that weren’t predators
-if we posit a vampiric subspecies created to hunt fluffies, the stories of supernatural fluffies could easily be inspired by vampire fluffies. Or they could be real, if you want to allow the supernatural in your headcanon. Or both-perhaps the supernatural entities take the form of bat fluffies because of the vampire subspecies.

I’m interested to see what you do with the demonfluffs.