Story where the poopie baby doesn't get adopted? (By: SqueakyFriend)

This is just something I’ve been wondering about. Specifically after noticing a comment on an image that wanted to adopt and cherish a fluffy family begging for adoption, before changing their mind because they hadn’t noticed the poopie baby starving in the background.

We all know the trope of “poopie baby savior”. Someone finds a family, notices the neglected shit-eater toddler, and adopts that one specifically OR adopts the whole family and tortures the evil parents/siblings to death because they refuse to treat their poop-child well. There’s also the thing where a smarty or parent stomps the brown baby to death, or tries to do so before being stopped by a human, to show how cruel they are.

But is there a story or even an image where someone adopts the family without including the poopie baby? Not as some kind of psychological “that was your best baby and you left it to die” thing, or finding out later and rushing back to save it. Someone who doesn’t notice the baby in the poop pile and just grabs the other fluffies, thinking it’s a good family, and in turn unknowingly leaving the poop baby to fend for itself.

It just seems like prime sadbox for the brown baby, or great backstory material for a brown feral. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen it even hinted at. So does it exist?

27 Likes

You could make it exist.

5 Likes

I could, but I’ve never been much for writing/drawing poopie rejection. It’s so overdone and sends the message that fluffies are just cold assholes. Heck, I’ve deliberately written around it as something “other fluffies” can do rather than something my fluffs do.

I’ve also never done sadbox, so if it was already a thing I wouldn’t see any real point in making it myself. It’s really curious that no such story seems to exist though! Do people really love poop babies that much?

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to be sadbox. Honestly, if you frame it right, it could be pretty fuckin’ funny.

It sounds like it could be the beginning of a hilariously tragic backstory of Doofenshmirtzian proportions.

1 Like

a swagger idea would be a poopie babbeh experiencing another poopie getting saved from another fluffy, so they end up getting all uppity thinking they’ll automatically be going to a better life but just ends up biting the dust

3 Likes

who said the parents need to be on board with leaving one of their beloved kids behind? just a simple choice between leaving one specific foal that i don’t like to be euthanased and euthanasia of the whole family when their time at the shelter runs out. fluffies aren’t the assholes. i am

1 Like

I swear I remember seeing a series of images on this site before, where a poopie baby never got adopted and kept dying and reincarnating, repeat. Think one time it got adopted, then used as snake food.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the one. I think. Thanks, man.