Sushi with Chef Ainswey (artist: Carpdime)

bild

6 Likes

Wasabi addiction is a thing. I should know, my brother is one.

Hey, @Carpdime - would your fluffy try a Spam Musubi? The saltiness of the spam is GREAT with the rice. 7-11 makes my favorite ready made ones, and Iā€™m kind of proud of my homemade ones.

4 Likes

I think this is a Hawaiian special? I havenā€™t tried it yet but would love to some day. Chef Ainswey on the other handā€¦heā€™s once again shaking his head in disgust :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Its very much a Hawaiā€™i thing, and its quite good. I could wax poetic on how the elements work together, how most people donā€™t prepare Spam correctly, etc. And chefs here plus abroad do like it!

3 Likes

Spam musubi is mucho bueno :japanese_goblin::ok_hand:. I enjoy mine seared with a sweet soy glaze or teriyaki. Kewpie mayo is a must.

While ketchup on sushi is major sus there had been some interesting work done with tomatoes and sushi. For a client once I made a roll topped with sliced avocado (sorry Carp) and mandolined tomato. With a side of garlic infused soy sauce it turned out pretty well.

But getting back on topic I do really love the idea of fluffy cooking shows as a way to introduce fluffies to other ā€œgud nummiesā€ apart from skettis. Culinary course for fluffies @Oculusfluffy ? hint hint*

3 Likes

Both that and the last bonus panel genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I think a lot of folks could get into that. ā€œNeat foods for Kids and Fluffies!ā€

Anyhow, mayo? Hrm. Interesting. Iā€™ve had this hot crap thing my cousin makes and it has mayo. Its SOOOO good. Biggest problem/fault I find with folks and spam musubi is not seasoning the rice. You donā€™t make sushi without seasoning the rice (generally speaking), and musubi should be no different.

2 Likes

Not seasoning the rice is as bad to me as adding ketchup.

I mean Iā€™d eat spam with regular rice any day but calling that musubi is pushing it too far.

3 Likes

Youā€™re fine. Iā€™ve had many customers who had done the same.

2 Likes

My relatives do that as well so I think youā€™re ok.

1 Like

Just saw this. Great work as always @Carpdime , and its interesting to see you revisit fluffies and sushi! (now I wonder if you really love that food)

~

On a side note @Carpdime - Chef Ainswey in the last panel actually reminds me more ofā€¦ ā€œcertainā€ scenes from Shokugeki no Soma.

Sounds like we got a future feature for Fluffy jobs (unles ssomething like this was already done) But I could see something to that effect thats a mix of Cooking with a dog and Ratatouille.

3 Likes

I donā€™t suppose this counts