Fluffies and Sushi by Carpdime

60 Likes

So a recent topic on the fluffy threads on 4chanā€™s /trash/, including even the most recent one, has been the fluffy fixation for spaghetti, or ā€œskettisā€. This piece of hivecanon has its basis in spaghetti stories, an old meme from the 4chan days. That said, and while a piece of meme lore, the fluffy fixation for spaghetti has become a part of fluffy hivecanon up till now.

However, people do get tired about writing and drawing about fluffies being obsessed with spaghetti, with some even berating them for having this obsession. While it can be appreciated as a flaw, some take it to an absurd extreme to justify disliking fluffies for this weakness, or to stereotype fluffies based on a hivecanon that, in turn, was based on an outdated meme.

This reminds me of a time when Carpdime drew the first image, along with the description of ā€œenough about spaghetti, pleaseā€ The second image was drawn around about 2016, during his brief stint in the fandom after a hiatus.

So thats a suggestion there for anyone interested: fluffies being interested in sushi. And why not? Its a simple food, yet at the same time a complex food that only a human can make. It has a savoury element. And, I think it could be interesting - imagine, a group of fluffies who having a penchant for sushi instead of sketties.

9 Likes

do you have a text file where write down the history of the fandom, or you just remeber it all

5 Likes

I made a thread about it here. You can also read it on the reddit.. I am also familair with the booru in its final year. That said, for the booru throughout the years, and depending on phase, is dependent on what I garner from hearsay, and the generala ttitude/depiction of pictures during certain periods.

2 Likes

I liked one headcanon that talked about different fluffies from different regions preferring a native dish of choice. Japanese fluffies liking ramen, Russian fluffies liking borscht and so on. Or that you can train them to think of a certain food is sketties, even if it has nothing to do with them, or something. For me, I like the idea of sketties being detrimental to their health, but they still crave it regardless.

5 Likes

The idea I kind of glommed onto and shoved in my own headcanon was that originally each fluffy was supposed to have a randomly-picked ā€˜favoriteā€™ food that could be used as a reward.

Supposed to. The ones that got released, the random part was ignored, and they all just have it set to ā€˜spaghettiā€™ as the default that some random technician picked for testing purposes.

6 Likes

I do like it when the spaghetti trope is nodded to but subverted in some way. Like when the owner feeds the fluffy cheap ramen slathered with ketchup and the fluffy gorges it down because it canā€™t tell the difference. Or when they feed the fluffy pizza and the fluffy likes it just as much, because it has ā€œsketti sauceā€ on it.

7 Likes

oh thatā€™s really funny, my favorite food is sushi and I was planning on introducing the fluffies in my work to it.
Iā€™m just not sure if rice would be safeā€¦ thereā€™s ā€˜cat sushiā€™ (video)
Where the ā€˜riceā€™ is actually minced chicken.

5 Likes

My memory is really fuzzy on this, but I think my comment on the first picture was something to the effect of ā€œsometimes we should change it up a littleā€ in reference to giving sushi instead of spaghetti. Do correct me if Iā€™m wrong since I donā€™t have anything recorded!

You make a really good point about trying out new ideas. Not everything we try will work, and the established tropes are there for reason as it helps creators connect with their audience easily through shared experience. But a new idea with good effort behind it is always appreciated by the community. Even if does not appear to make an impact to the established canon immediately, it does foster a welcoming community, and just this fact makes the ā€œnext big thingā€ much more likely to appear.

3 Likes

Give them some pizza or lasagna and see what happens

2 Likes

So adorable !

1 Like