Sushi with Chef Ainswey (artist: Carpdime)

Ketchup on sushi…BURN IT BURN THE HEATHEN-OPENS A INCERERATOR

4 Likes

weeps softly

3 Likes

はい、フラフィーがもっとも美味しいですね。

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I like to eat the ginger with the sushi.

5 Likes

そうですねー

1 Like

carpdime the disgust
The disgust. xD

3 Likes

Even I know that ketchup does not belong anywhere near sushi. I have however committed what is probably considered heresy enough to warrant public flogging by dissolving wasabi paste in soy sauce and then dip the sushi in it. :eyes:

5 Likes

>Ainsley

5 Likes

bild

6 Likes

Wasabi addiction is a thing. I should know, my brother is one.

Hey, @Carpdime - would your fluffy try a Spam Musubi? The saltiness of the spam is GREAT with the rice. 7-11 makes my favorite ready made ones, and I’m kind of proud of my homemade ones.

4 Likes

I think this is a Hawaiian special? I haven’t tried it yet but would love to some day. Chef Ainswey on the other hand…he’s once again shaking his head in disgust :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Its very much a Hawai’i thing, and its quite good. I could wax poetic on how the elements work together, how most people don’t prepare Spam correctly, etc. And chefs here plus abroad do like it!

3 Likes

Spam musubi is mucho bueno :japanese_goblin::ok_hand:. I enjoy mine seared with a sweet soy glaze or teriyaki. Kewpie mayo is a must.

While ketchup on sushi is major sus there had been some interesting work done with tomatoes and sushi. For a client once I made a roll topped with sliced avocado (sorry Carp) and mandolined tomato. With a side of garlic infused soy sauce it turned out pretty well.

But getting back on topic I do really love the idea of fluffy cooking shows as a way to introduce fluffies to other “gud nummies” apart from skettis. Culinary course for fluffies @Oculusfluffy ? hint hint*

3 Likes

Both that and the last bonus panel genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I think a lot of folks could get into that. “Neat foods for Kids and Fluffies!”

Anyhow, mayo? Hrm. Interesting. I’ve had this hot crap thing my cousin makes and it has mayo. Its SOOOO good. Biggest problem/fault I find with folks and spam musubi is not seasoning the rice. You don’t make sushi without seasoning the rice (generally speaking), and musubi should be no different.

2 Likes

Not seasoning the rice is as bad to me as adding ketchup.

I mean I’d eat spam with regular rice any day but calling that musubi is pushing it too far.

3 Likes

You’re fine. I’ve had many customers who had done the same.

2 Likes

My relatives do that as well so I think you’re ok.

1 Like

Just saw this. Great work as always @Carpdime , and its interesting to see you revisit fluffies and sushi! (now I wonder if you really love that food)

~

On a side note @Carpdime - Chef Ainswey in the last panel actually reminds me more of… “certain” scenes from Shokugeki no Soma.

Sounds like we got a future feature for Fluffy jobs (unles ssomething like this was already done) But I could see something to that effect thats a mix of Cooking with a dog and Ratatouille.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose this counts