Taken from Mammeh (artist_jberg360)

At some point Bestest Babbehs just meant non-runts, but naturally transformed into favorite colored baby. Be it the one with the best colors or colors similar to the parents.

Floppy pony nipples

103 Likes

With how childish and petty fluffies can be, a bestest being the favorite, just seems natural.

11 Likes

Interesting

4 Likes

You have failed at “babbeh”.

5 Likes

Amazing detail on teats responding to ground and gravity. Possibly the rarest thing depicted.

3 Likes

I wonder if this fluffy thinks all babies are good babies, hence all babies are “bestest babbies” as she literally says "Gif back bestest babbies.

3 Likes

“Give back the non-runts please” is probably what she means. Going by the tags being abuse, milky place, and runt (versus poopie baby). Looks very young, eyes not open, so maybe she just gave birth?

4 Likes

Logically, fluffies are the perfect breeding animal. They leave the runts to die and only raise the ones they like. With minor encouragement, they prioritise their favourites to the expense of all others. So long as their favourite pick is what you want, mares will keep raising their best foals for you ad infinitum.

Also, great art. It really reminds me of Grim’s style, but it is still distinct, of course. And very well done. Love the expressions and shading.

2 Likes

Some stories had something called runt spray that you spritzed on the bad color foals so they rejected them without complaining you took them away.

4 Likes

I think the problem is that the favorite often turns very bratty in stories. How do you avoid that?

3 Likes

“Wai bebbeh smeww wike Axe body spway? Oh no, babbeh iz a Chad! Maybe a Kywe! Bad bebbeh,! Mammah no want!”

4 Likes

It’s weird man, fluffies and women seem to reject me for no reason.

2 Likes

A few stories have shown a human’s affection creating a brat the same way a mother would, leading to the idea that there should never be a Fluffy who thinks love is unconditional and doesn’t constantly fear death.

But a few stories showed the opposite. Fluffies who think love is transactional and brief or are traumatized become Hellgremlins or at the very least act like Hellgremlins towards other Fluffies while simpering up to humans due to being jaded, and in a few a human’s over affection doesn’t cause a Bestest seemingly because they feel human love is different from Fluffy love.

So Fluffy interpretation matters. Or the way I prefer it, which is different programming builds from different teams being released at the same time so there is no universal answer unless you know what to look for in an isolated lineage.

Going by the former, even Hugboxers must adopt Abuser techniques or just tolerate Fluffies all being assholes.
The latter, you’d have to make the mother be seen as unimportant to the Foals compared to all being seen as best. Since you’d create fights over which is the best you would have to create some idea in their heads that there is truly garbage Fluffies out there that they are better from, which is a bit 1984 and could lead to problems in daycares, breeding, parks, and worsen the Ferals or just get them killed by them if they ever escape. Plus you’d be depressing the mother, which would make subsequent litters worse.

Since we’re in the territory of social control, I say the best method is religion. Fluffies in some works seem to instinctually have it, and pass it on early as important information in others. Again, maybe some programming builds have it by default.
Going a bit high tech, say you rig a camera to the playpen. Maybe from the ceiling to leave out blind spots. You don’t need to manually watch it, camera-based algorithms are moving from government tech into the hands of the common citizen now, and Fluffverse has to be a bit sci fi anyway. Just hook the camera feed to a laptop that uses an algorithm to monitor for “brat events”, such as physical violence, defecation outside the box or on each other, and anything to make a Fluffy cry. Just check the footage during flagged events and see who was responsible or if it wasn’t caused by any. At the end of the day have them line up to sit on a tile or something, the parents too, for “sky dadddeh’s judgement from skettieland throne”. If they were a brat that day deliver an electric shock and a “BAD FLUFFY” recording. If they think they are watched at all times they’ll behave, and you can even suggest that humans are the representatives of the divine so human word is law above any stupid ideas they justify themselves with or bad information from another Fluffy.
Eventually after being sold they may figure out they are no longer punished, but enough time should have elapsed that you can blame the new owner. Escapees similarly may suddenly realize their god only has eyes for Domestics, possibly creating Slaaneshi anarchists or suicidally depressed atheists in the Feral population. Or an Abuser adopts them and plays a game of “god hates you”.

Still, possibly the best all-inclusive solution that makes you feel like a messiah instead of a Nazi.

2 Likes

Heh…

“Fluffies and women I’m interested in or notice seem to reject me” can be accurate. Egad, 20 years after college and I’m getting these old classmates telling me they wish we had dated. I was so oblivious.

2 Likes

What’s stoppin ya now?
:wink:

(Me, I’ve been off-the-market since 2003, and I also avoid any/all reminders of HS & college days. Long story)

1 Like

Geographic distance is one thing. Cost of flying to the mainland is another. Being middle aged its actually a bit easier being single at this point too.

2 Likes

OIC. I thought you meant literally crossing paths.

1 Like

Lo the suffering!

As a storyteller you can just simply not have it happen. A favored foal just becomes another fluffy.

You could also go with the best baby is the one that does fluffy things the best. Best as sharing, best at hugs, best at finding food best at using the litterbox. There are fun stories where they take it too far but being favored doesn’t mean bad behavior is ignored or unpunished.

3 Likes

True. I was pondering a story where a smarty is trying to raise one foal to BE the bestest baby. “Yu hab to be bestest.” Do something bad? Bopped, “nu du dat. Hab to be bestest. Dat wowstest.”

Never figured out where I wanted to go with it though.