Testing my fluff rig! [Fluffsploder]

Not gonna lie - the superb 3d art and rigs I’ve seen here made me jealous. I’ve just wrapped up my current animation project but I’ve still got a ton to learn about rigging fundamentals, adding dynamism to my character movements and tinkering about with different rendering styles, so what better way to learn than making my very own abusable little virtual buddies!

Still got a bunch of work to do to get them up to snuff - alternate mane styles, tidying up the geometry, getting a good outline shader, tightening the IK up, making more shape keys for fun mouth and eye positions, designing and rigging up tails - but boy are these little critters fun to play with. Hoping to get 'em to a point where they’re ready to animate, but for now they’re in a good place. They’re easy to recolour and I tried to keep them as performant as possible, but man - I could only hope to have ones as good and appealing as Common_Miracles’ stellar rigs. I still love my babies though.

When they’re polished up and good to go, we’ll see how good I am at animating them being horribly mutilated :ahahaha:

32 Likes

Stomp
Stomp
Stomp

4 Likes

They’re going to haunt my nightmares. I love it.

2 Likes

Very nice. I’d love to see that smarty get its sorry ass beaten/kicked.

1 Like

If I saw a herd of these in my yard the shovel would come out in record time.

1 Like

You aint getting none of my nummies, foul technicoloured swine. Get a job

4 Likes

Nice work. Hope to see more from you in the future. I do appreciate the spaghetti hair - fits them very well. The eye texture kinda sucks though, perhaps you could experiment with more toy-like/fantasy-looking eyes?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I’m not happy with the eyes either. It’s a difficult one for me because I don’t really do “cute” with my art style - it’s something I really struggle with - so I tend to wind up going for a realistic or uncanny look which is massively at odds with what I want to accomplish. I’ll play around and see what I can come up with, though.

1 Like

Great work man iam gald to see more of 3d Fluffys, keep it up, they look sow squishabel hahhaa

1 Like

4 Likes

I kinda liked the weirdly flat, synthetic eyes. It drove home how unnatural these things are. Then, this comic is pure gold.

2 Likes

High praise from one of the masters of 3d fluff abuse! Thanks!

2 Likes

Uncanny valley works pretty well. I love your abominations <3

3 Likes