The First Sgettis - Part 4 (EzPete)

Parts: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

You watched as the nice man walked over to your cage. You were soo hungry. Your stomach growled all the time. You asked it to be quiet when you tried to sleep but it was so loud and kept you awake. It hurt too and it wouldn’t listen when you asked it to stop that either.

The humans gave you milkies but they made your stomach upset and it made more noises. The man was eating food and you hoped he would share it with you. You could smell the food from here. It smelled so good. But he didn’t bring them with him.

Instead, he grabbed you out of the cage and brought you to the table where your sister had just been, it smelled bad like when your other brother had choked on kibbles and went forever sleepies. The nice man told you to stay.

“Hey, what are you doing with…oh…ooooh!” You heard the human with dark not fluff say. The nice man came back with a white box and opened it in front of you. It smelled soo good! “Go ahead, try some.” He said. “Weawwy, am fow cowt?” you asked. He nodded.

You couldn’t believe it, you dived face first into the slippery nummies and began gnawing with ravenous hunger. It was so wonderful, your stomach stopped growling as you took in mouthful after mouthful and slurped them down.

Then something felt wrong. You hadn’t been chewing thoroughly and one of the nummies got stuck in your throat. You began to cough as it was lodged in your throat. You felt the nice man’s hand scoop you up and he stuck his not-hoofs in your mouth.

You watched as he extracted a noodle longer than you were, if felt gross sliding back up your throat. “Easy there. You need to chew!” he said before asking “How is it?” You were so happy, the milk made you sick, the kibble was too hard to chew, and the powdered kibble was dry and scratchy “Dis am bestest nummies ebah!” You manage to squeak out.

He walks away and grabs one of your sisters. He sets her down next to you. “Remember to share.” He tells you. The filly begins to num on the nummies too. She immediately cheers up too. You both bite on the same noodle and your faces come together. Your noses boop, and you both giggle.

The nice man returns with more of your brothers and sisters and soon you are all slurping up food from the container. The orange filly he had grabbed after you looks up at him. “Dank yuu nice Mistah fow stwange nummies!” you look up at him too and ask, “Wat am stwange nummies name?”

“These are spaghettis.” He smiles down at you all. “Sgettis am bestest nummies ebah!” you all shout. While rather plain as far as foods went, the trauma of hunger made them taste all the better now.

Months later, the orange soon-mummah sleeps in her cage curled up with her yellow special friend. She sings to herself in her sleep. Her unborn foals hear the phrase imprinted in their developing brains. “Sgettis am bestest nummies fow fwuffies.”

20 Likes

god damn man that was a brillians combination of both storytelling, worldbuilding, AND timing, cause i caught each as i finished the last.

5 Likes

The premise for this story was to figure out why fluffies love spaghetti in a universe where their behavior isn’t programmed.

I was reminded of a meal I enjoy that most people think tastes bad but which I associate with eating after experiencing a borderline traumatic hunger.

Thomas is from my lab rat story.

4 Likes

Also, the ending is based loosely on The Green Book which I read in elementary school.

2 Likes

World building, yyyeeeeessssss