The Folly of Hope - Stories: Dolly - (Cmss for Reddit83er) (InfraredTurbine)

Another pic, Another ending.
This time for Dolly. You remenber Dolly, right ?

Commissioned for @Reddit-Word_H83r

For commissions, illustrations and so on, contact me :smiley:

70 Likes

At least she was useful for something.

11 Likes

Nice, a satisfying conclusion. and It’s a hell of a way to go, blind can’t see anything, hearing terrifying noises and finally an unimaginable pain.

13 Likes

mr-bison-street-fighter

7 Likes

Brutal! This one was right on

3 Likes

Dunno what the shelter was thinking, offering Dolly for adoption–who is going to adopt a aged fluffy needing expensive, ongoing medical care? Unless the shelter knew that only an abuser / someone needing gatorbait would ‘adopt’ her, and the sign describing her is a dark joke.

Though in that case why bother keeping her alive at all? I don’t get it.

Still, all in all Dolly got lucky, gators don’t screw around, her death was brutal but short. An abuser might have drawn out her suffering–diabetes is a bad way to die.

3 Likes

well, someone adopted her xP

2 Likes

Yeah, but the shelter spent money keeping her alive and relatively comfortable, seems a waste if they were just going to let her be used as gatorbait.

Not that I really care, I just can’t pass up the chance to use the word “gatorbait”. What a great word. Gatorbait! If I lived in Florida, I’d get a poodle and name it Gatorbait.

3 Likes

I really don’t know why that user comments on these, Turbine.

He’s really annoying.

But these are excellent as always.

3 Likes

“Oi! Clem! There she is! Get 'er!”

1 Like

Oh my god I love this one a lot… such a sweet old mare with a heart of a filly and the happienss of a soon mummah. I love happy endings so much. I hope that gator had a good feast!