The Pack- Email logs part five (Shadowfox)

Shadow-
So, what’s this I hear about Randy walking in on you and Asher having breakfast in the kitchen last week Sunday morning? Thought you cancelled that date. You didn’t leave the facility completely unattended, did you? A quick run to Fluffmart or to the grocery store is one thing, leaving the stock alone long enough to get dinner or a three hour movie is another. If you aren’t being the responsible one, maybe that new contract should be renegotiated.
Dave

Dave-
I didn’t leave the facility at all last Saturday. We were both decently dressed and presentable when Randy made it in for his shift. I was never more than ten feet away from a monitor. Nothing else about my off duty time falls within your purview.
I sent all the current budget, inventory, and stock assessment forms to your email for accounting and filing. Your requests for this week’s footage will be taken under advisement, given that I’m going to need to keep Aurora on restricted activity with her condition advancing.
In happier news, Katy forwarded more of the required online courses for fluff-vet certifications. If things go well, I should be at least qualified as a Fluff-vet Technician by the end of the summer.
Shadow

Shadow-
My nephew Jake’s spent the last hour whining at me about Asher and the way his little girlfriend looks at him. Seems to feel he’s hopelessly outclassed. I have no good advice for him, and neither does my brother. HELP.
Kal.

Kal-
Poor Jake. Asher has noticed Genny’s crush, hard not to. Remind Jake that Asher is MINE, knows it, and has more than enough class not to date highschoolers in the first place. Also, how’s that finding time to pick out the right door latches going? Rook’s getting better at opening doors. Also, he apparently is a Thirteenth warrior fan.
Shadow

Shadow-
Rook being the one who complained there wasn’t enough pony eating and hurties in MLP season one as a foal? Color me utterly shocked and dismayed that your own fluffy, the one you picked out as a favorite and felt resonated best with your own personality, is a little violent by fluffy standards. Is, going by his footage, at least a teeny bit of a sadist. Who could have possibly predicted that?
Kal

Kal-
I feel like you’re trying to say something, and I both resent and resemble the implications.
Ash said I should share this clip-

“Mummah! Mummah, why hoomin wady nu hab nu-fluff on bewwy b’fow cutty ting gu snicasnap swicy swice? Dat gib bewy big huwties, an’ wady gu muwda foeba sweepies!” It was hard to tell whether the grey demonfluff’s tone had more admiration at the violence on screen or confusion at the victim’s half dressed state.
“Because Mummah needed a reason to start questioning her sexuality when she was younger other than Xena,” Shadow muttered, earning her a snort from her boyfriend and an even more confused look from the fluffy. “They pulled her shirt up to make it easier to cut her in half. But even that was better than going back to the castle. Watch the movie, sweetie.”
“Hey, Rook, repeat after me. Murder death kill,” Asher urged, grinning broadly. “Muwda deat’ kiww?” “Yes. Say that whenever someone dies in the movie, and I’ll bring more pizza and another movie tomorrow.” “Piz’a? Sketti bwead! Yes, pwease! Muwda deat’ kiww!”
“You are incredibly lucky that I love you both and like that movie-” “Muwda deat’ kiww!” “Also the pizza had damn well better be stuffed crust.”

And yes, he brought Demolition man the next day, and I have since convinced Rook that “Murder Death Kill” chants need to be done quietly during a movie. Much like all the endless questions.
Shadow.

Shadow-
So, uh, it’s come to my attention that a certain panel van has spent an awful lot of time parked around the facility over the last couple weeks. I know there isn’t any wording in the contract about it and if an employee handbook ever gets written smart money says you’ll be writing it, But. Moving your new boyfriend in sounds like something that maybe I should have been warned about ahead of time. If you really need more time off, I could probably work something out. Kal said you were nearly civil to him last time you talked.
Dave

Dave-
Asher hasn’t moved in. He has breakfast in the morning after movie night and then goes home. Kal has indeed been on better behavior and is slowly winning his way into my better graces. But I don’t trust him not to let George in “just for a moment” when I’m not there any more than I trust you.
Shadow

Shadow
And, uh, how many nights a week does “movie night happen? Did he bring a toothbrush to keep in your bathroom? Asking as a friend and a worried male cousin on this, not as your boss. And George is really doing better. He’s been managing more of the website shit lately, since Kal showed him some of the basics and how to google answers. Also he’s really, really sorry he fucked with your shit and overstepped bounds and everything.
Dave

Dave-
Not as often as I’d like, but often enough I’ve found a less conspicuous spot for him to park. And no, he didn’t bring a toothbrush to leave. I just bought him an extra when I replaced mine.
Good for George. Katy says he’s trying really hard to learn computer stuff to help with your side of the business. And you can tell him I accept his apologies for crossing me. He still isn’t allowed on the property.
Shadow

Kal
Hey, is there a wi-fi issue or something? The playroom cameras started glitching and then cut out entirely. II keep having to stick my head in to check on the sale stock and the demonfluffs, and I didn’t want the newest arrivals unsupervised yet. Some of the baby monitors are still working, but they’re just the ones that would pick up for actual screaming.
Shadow

Shadow
Dave messaged me about that too. I haven’t found any logical reason for it yet, but i’ll keep hunting through code and checking the hardware.
Yeah, that’s weird as fuck. Creepy, too, I uh-- I’ll keep working on this, Shadow.
Kal

Kal cc all
Please and thank you. All the indoor cameras have cut out now. By the way, if my ritual shit being fucked with was a prank, it wasn’t funny. That said, if it returns safely, no consequences will be handed out.
But I’ve been sleeping like shit and probably going to be a bitch until things straighten out. Even the fluffs are whinier than usual.
Shadow

Shadow- cc all
Look, I think you really do need a day or so away from the fluffies. I’ve been doing lots better with self control. Katy even had me watching her and Bill’s house fluffies for a few days when they were busy with lab stuff. Admittedly, Cleric and Paladin are pillows and need like zilch actual watching other than to make sure they have food, aren’t covered in shit and haven’t miscarried. And Rogue is timid as fuck to the point I barely saw him. But I made the entire weekend without laying a hand or even an angry word at any of them. If Katy or someone stays with me as a chaperone can I please have some hours back? If I set a toe out of line you can norse voodoo the heck out of me.
George

George, cc all
Not without my kit back I can’t. And I’ll think about it, but not while Aurora is still pregnant, I don’t want her exposed to her greatest fear right now. This week’s going to be ridiculously busy as it is with things going wrong.
Shadow.

Relevant story chapter- The Pack- (31) Weekend interlude- the first movie night. (Shadowfox) to The Pack (37) "crossover week" Week 14 inital log. (Shadowfox)
First Chapter of main story- The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
First email log- The pack- Company email log. by: Shadowfox
Previous email log- The Pack- Company email logs part 4. (Shadowfox)
Next email log-
The Pack Email logs part 6 (ShadowFox)

6 Likes

Honestly, George, you’d done HOW many demonfluffs to death pre-story again? And you could be replaced with anyone. Shadow would have to be an idiot to even consider giving you the slightest chance of ever seeing the inside of the facility again! Even if seeing what Icar would do to George would be rather choice…

3 Likes

wait is this implying that warlock and druid used to belong to bill?
because if he has paladin and cleric,as well as rogue who knows what else he has

2 Likes

I noticed that too and has a moment of, wait what. From that Warlock has said Paladin is an alicorn and it was his defending one of them that resulted in his what was implied death. Wonder how Warlock would respond to knowing they are alive as well as their current state.

3 Likes

Cue. Evil. Grin.

2 Likes

And you were privately telling me how sad you were over nobody noticing this.

2 Likes

And now I am very happy!

2 Likes